The online racing simulator
The Blackwood forest guru
(127 posts, started )
#1 - ORION
Im wondering, what this forest guru wants to tell us!

Quote :Originally posted by lfs.net
The old blackwood forest guru once said,
"better waste a minute in life, than life in a minute".

My thoughts:

1. It has something to do with Blackwood. Arent those gurus always present at night or something? This could be a hint for night racing (again )

2. The point is somewhere at the word "minute". Maybe it has something to do with the laptimes on blackwood? the FO8 for example has a WR of almost exactly one minute (if biggie was just a bit faster :P )
Maybe they have given the FO8 a bit more power, resulting in being able to break the one minute barrier on Blackwood for the first time? Or is it the new tyres making the car a bit faster?
It could be even a special competition, that the guy who uploads the first 0.59.xx lap can test the patch before anyone else

3. It has something to do with car damage. Maybe we'll see some new damage features soon.

4. They posted it just for fun to make us go crazy

5. This post is supposed to tell us that the patch will be quite nice and worth the wait, and that we shall lean back and wait till its there.
Um, who posted it? What was the context?
There is a place called Blackwood in Tamriel (ES: Oblivion)too, maybe the devs have found a mysterious guru there?

Nevertheless, I'm now on a quest of my own to find that guru!!
Maybe it has something to do with what it says on the homepage regarding the new physics: "...losing a few seconds instead of losing the car completely."
#5 - axus
Quote from Batterypark :Um, who posted it? What was the context?

http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=t_a_u

Right at the bottom of the page.

Has anyone wondered about the name of the page? t_a_u? Something April updates?
Maybe "The April Update"?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#7 - ORION
Some quote from wikipedia regarding the word "guru":

Quote :Originally posted by wikipedia
The syllable gu means shadows (lightmaps finally?)
The syllable ru, he who disperses them,
Because of the power to disperse darkness (night racing?)
the guru is thus named.

my bet: 5 post counts for:

3. It has something to do with car damage. Maybe we'll see some new damage features soon.
my bet: 75 post counts for:

#10 - mr_x
Quote from Highsider9 :my bet: 75 post counts for:

that's what i was thinking aswell
Quote from axus :http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=t_a_u

Right at the bottom of the page.

Has anyone wondered about the name of the page? t_a_u? Something April updates?

Come on Anton, you should know better than to ask silly questions than that illepall

*runs*
They are telling us patch won't be out today, and that we should go and enjoy easter holidays.

If it has something to do with lfs, then that's the suprise, could be night racing like others have said(tho I doubt :]).
the guru want to say : "calm down people, you are using your F5 key a bit too early, the patch will only be released tomorrow or the day after"
So for today that means : today or tomorrow
I found this.... could it be relevant ???

http://www.ruhanisatsangusa.org/godman/godman_8.htm

WITHOUT A GURU ALL IS DARKNESS

He converts darkness into Light

The term Guru consists of two words: Gu meaning darkness and Ru meaning Light. Hence Guru means one who can lead us from darkness to Light, from untruth to Truth, and from death to Immortality.

Sounds good

It is going to be LIGHTS !!!!

#15 - SamH
Someone else has it sussed in the other thread, I reckon. "Better waste a minute in life than life in a minute" is a caution to go steadily rather than to rush into something. It's what a programmer might say, if he were holding back to make SURE that what he was about to do was absolutely right.. release a very important patch. One last double check.

Blackwood forest may refer to one of the devs - perhaps Eric? Whoever's concept the Blackwood circuit was, anyway. If anyone would be the guru of Blackwood, I expect Eric would be. He'd know every "bump", every kerb.
#16 - axus
Perhaps it is an anagram?
Quote from axus :Perhaps it is an anagram?

Thought that, but Im not good in when playiong with words.

But I showed you the Guru allready in that massive thread monster. Here he is again, Im little drunk...Im sorry.
Attached images
theguru.jpg
Quote from axus :Perhaps it is an anagram?

Oh man.. here we go....

edit: Found one relating to the 'take your time in programming' approach:

Old Blackwood Guru = bug could (make) workload

Ok, it doesn't really work, but the devs are driving me crazy here

Edit2:
Another one, maybe they are updating the sound system?

Blackwood Guru = a loud curb gowk

edit3:
Or maybe Scawen found some bug that caused slowdowns?
workload bug c u
You guys have too much time on your hands lol
Ok, the proof they did it just to keep us occupied and stop pressing F5:

Blackwood forest = abort cowed folks
#21 - OPK
Orion, we already have lightmaps - what exactly do you mean?
I know the Blackwood guru quite well,i think he didn't mean anything,he was drunk as usual
A Bug Luck Dr Woo, so Dr Woo luckily found a bug.

Maybe there was a little bug in the tyre physics, and they found it by luck...

Hm, sounds plausible.
My expert team of code breakers have been at it all night, and they've come up with some truly astonishing results.Among the more conspicuous are,

Sorrowful Geoduck Bat

and

Cloudburst Awoke Frog

Fascinating.I feel we are getting very close to solving this enigma.

Also I am happy to report that my good friends at Gauntanamo have been on high alert since Mr. Nightracing arrived a few days ago.With the evidence mounting against him, it is only a matter of time before he cracks.He may go insane from the extended light & sound 'therapy' sessions before that though, but that is sometimes the price we pay for good intelligence.My friends assure me he is being treated in accordance with the UN charter and the Geneva convention, so all is well.

Keep up the good work, gentlemen.

(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG