The online racing simulator
Budget graphics card ~100 €
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Uke
Well, i need a graphics card that can run fine decent games (Mirror's Edge, Tf2, etc..) with good settings in 1280x1024 resolution.

Atm. I have Nvidia GT 220 (yeah, it sucks).

So, could someone tell me what video card should i buy?
my card is for sale.

9800gt £65 delivered
Something like a 4850 or 5670~ish. Can't go wrong with any new ATi cards.
Quote from anttt69 :my card is for sale.

9800gt £65 delivered

+1

Runs Mirror's Edge, CSS, TF2, L4D etc 60 fps on highest graphics with 8x MSAA at 1680x1050.
Quote from Bose321 :Something like a 4850 or 5670~ish. Can't go wrong with any new ATi cards.

4850 is a lot faster than the 5670.

The GTS250 is also around that same price and performance if you prefer nvidia.

The 5750 is slightly faster but also slightly more expensive. It also supports DX11, whereas the 4850 and GTS250 do not.

If it matters to you, the GTS250 supports PhysX, whereas the 4850 and 5750 do not.
Of the games he called (Mirror's edge and TF2) none uses DX11, but Mirror's edge uses NVIDIA PhysX®.
4870s are currently priced in the high ~100€ range and should be more than capeable of delivering the framerates youre looking for
a only slightly less powerful alternative is the 5770 which costs about the same and has the advantage of not running out of stock fost like the 4870... also its much less demanding on the power supply (shoulda... woulda... coulda...)
Quote from Shadowww :Of the games he called (Mirror's edge and TF2) none uses DX11, but Mirror's edge uses NVIDIA PhysX®.

Seriously, Who cares about pissX, it aint the future. DX11 is.
#9 - G!NhO
Fanboy wars... oh lord.
I have the 5750 and im not overly impressed so far. Havent actually tried any decent games though! Runs everything i have at 1440 * 900 though so i don't really know what my problem is
Quote from Bose321 :Seriously, Who cares about pissX, it aint the future. DX11 is.

Quote from Uke :(Mirror's Edge, Tf2, etc..)

You are free to STFU now.

Also I see you call PhysX "PissX" just because your crappy GPU doesn't support it?

That's sad.

Quote from Shadowww :You are free to STFU now.

Also I see you call PhysX "PissX" just because your crappy GPU doesn't support it?

That's sad.

You and your fanboism again. :sadbanana
Quote from hazaky :You and your fanboism again. :sadbanana

So calling PhysX, for PissX aint fanboy-ish?

I seriously cant see what so fun with calling one or the other anything more than what they're called.

I have had ONE ATI card, back in 2002 (radeon 9200LE) and the drivers sucked.. Really, they did.. Thats the ONLY reason why i dont use ATI. Tho i KNOW that ATI's drivers has improved alot over the years, and that why my next card will be an ATI.. Tho im not a "fan" of any of them, i just go with the one that suit my needs the best. And if 3dFX would still be alive i wouldnt have changed from them..

OT: Found XFX Radeon HD4850 XXX Dual-DVI 512MB, swedish site, tho the price is just under 100€, best i could find NEW for that price.. I bought my gtx260 for 1400sek, about 137€, not long ago and im happy with it..
Quote from Feffe85 :So calling PhysX, for PissX aint fanboy-ish?

They are both fan boys, and they will never accept/admit it.

Why?!??? WE DO NOT KNOOOOWWWWWW HHAHAHAHA.....

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG