The online racing simulator
calling all momo modders, help needed
Hej ladies,

I'm at work atm and I've got one massive problem.
For modifying a black Momo I had to throw away the original pedal set and connected the cable to 2 5kOhm pots (these here)
Unfortunately when pressing the throttle pedal the brake value increases as well, while when only pressing the brake it works fine without interfering with anything.

I think it could be because of wrong cable sorting, but I don't have the original pots anymore to try them out. Maybe this occures to the pots having wrong resistance values. I have got some other, normal pots lying around, but 1st I'd have to build new mountings for them and 2nd they start at 100kOhms, which is simply too much, compared to the momo's 10k plastic crap.

Can anyone help (tonight or tomorrow morning please) and either find a workaround for this problem, tell me in which pot cables the resistance increases when turning, send pics of modded pedals, send links to anything that could help (no webshop please, I don't have time to buy anything tonight)?

I've got dxtweak running, latest logitech drivers. Tools are soldering Iron, some normal resistors (~40-220Ohm) diodes (4001 or 4007) and of course the worst of all wheels which doesn't work until I start that damn wingman-software...

The whole project will be a replica of Frentzen's 1999/2000 F1 car for car shows. Maybe I can shoot a little video of it running on KY when it's finally done :-)

greetz and thanks for your help!

der butz
What the **** do you do for a living mr Butz??
Wow, thanks awfully mate!
I indeed swapped the wires, due to the fact that the pots weren't built the way "normal" twisting pots are. This problem is now sorted (thanks anyhow, I'll keep those pdfs ni case I still might need them!). Now the simulator is almost done, I've got another problem. FF doesn't work properly. As long as I've got no FF everything is fine, when it is turned on it won't steer anymore. Maybe this is because either I've again put the cables in the completely opposite direction, maybe it's because the signal cable is just too long (2 metres COULD be just too much for 17 leads with signals running all back and forth...)

Thank you again, you've helped me a lot!

greetz

der butz

EDIT: It's just a part time job, the company I work for sell, build and rent driving and security simulators out to driving schools, car shows and stuff... Here you can see the car in action... was a while ago, still with the steering front wheels on turntables.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG