The online racing simulator
Spinoff : ABS in reverse
(196 posts, started )
Scawen, how about not working ABS when driving on reverse ?
Quote from Darck.pl :Scawen, how about not working ABS when driving on reverse ?

Are you sure that ABS will work in reverse?
When snow fall in my city, then I gonna try in my car... But why not?
Quote from Darck.pl :When snow fall in my city, then I gonna try in my car... But why not?

well actually I don´t know about will it work ABS when reverse...

My opinion is that no but...Maybe it´s possible
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :well actually I don´t know about will it work ABS when reverse...

My opinion is that no but...Maybe it´s possible

So we must wait for a snow Or... somebody have snow near house, and car with ABS to try ?
Quote from Darck.pl :So we must wait for a snow Or... somebody have snow near house, and car with ABS to try ?

Well, in Finland here, there is not so much snow, but there is many slippery roads
i dont think that many cars will beable to go fast enough for abs to be effective in reverse, so its pointless putting it in imo..

i have ABS on the vx, but i turned it off as it was a nuisence
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Well, in Finland here, there is not so much snow, but there is many slippery roads

ye, but I think that test must be done on snow, because it could be too danegerous to make it on only slippery road :P You must go on slippery road too fast to do this test I think.

btw. sorry for my english.

btw2. I live in "winter capitol of Poland" and there is no any snow. lol. Its like in America. Christmas without snow...
Quote from Darck.pl :

btw. sorry for my english.

Read mine Signature

And yea, but maybe a test area?

EDIT: D´oh, sorry man, you didn´t put that at end of your post
Could you guys just focus on things that really matter, i mean how often do you lock your brakes on reverse gear?
Quote from Tazka :Could you guys just focus on things that really matter, i mean how often do you lock your brakes on reverse gear?

because something is very rarely done doesnt mean it shouldnt be included.
Quote from Tazka :Could you guys just focus on things that really matter, i mean how often do you lock your brakes on reverse gear?

What about if you spin? You would like to have all the possible control of the car. Then you'll mind if ABS works in reverse or not
Quote :because something is very rarely done doesnt mean it shouldnt be included.

Agreed with that but there's allso some more serious needs in the game that needs to be fixed.

Whiskey, i don't think abs much helps me control my car when reversing in a race. I don't reverse in that high speed that they would come in to play.

Flame me in pm about reverse gear and abs, so this thread wont get full of trash.
Quote from Tazka :Agreed with that but there's allso some more serious needs in the game that needs to be fixed.

Whiskey, i don't think abs much helps me control my car when reversing in a race. I don't reverse in that high speed that they would come in to play.

Flame me in pm about reverse gear and abs, so this thread wont get full of trash.

Actually, ABS could be very important going in reverse. Say you're in an fz5. You clip some grass on a straight, and you're suddenly going backwards. "when you spin, both feet in" Now, if there was abs when reversing, you're tires would have a less chance of having flat spots. It could help quite a lot.
I got my learner's permit recently and have sense screwed around in several iced/snowed over parking lots. One of our cars has no ABS, so that doesnt mean anything, but our honda minivan has it, and it does work in reverse (I dont know about older cars, ours is an 09)
It would make sense too, as the brake bias would be the wrong way round...
I doubt cars have ABS in reverse, even if we test a car with ABS and it does have it in reverse... How do we know it isn't just that car and maybe a few others?
The VW Sirocco may not have it, but other cars may - even though I see no point...
Erm, why would you want ABS in reverse, wether its in LFS or real life... Not like you race backwards... In real life maybe in snowy conditions it can be useful (even then lockups are easy to get) but in LFS where you're sopose to be racing or whatever I doupt you need ABS in reverse O_O.

Wait, after thinking about this, I just realised that it happened to me sometimes that I crash or something and while backing up and braking I lock up. But meh, not really THAT important.
Quote from R3DMAN :i dont think that many cars will beable to go fast enough for abs to be effective in reverse, so its pointless putting it in imo..

i have ABS on the vx, but i turned it off as it was a nuisence

How can ABS be a nuisence? It's a life saver and only kicks in when you need it so it's impossible for it to become a nuisence.... Your cars ecu must be ****in crazy.
Unless we get snow or freezing conditions, I can't see it being necessary. Even if you're reversing around the pitlane, doing fancy manoeuvers, you're not going to be going fast enough in reverse to lock up and slide a hundred yards. Having said that, I'm not sure if real-life cars have ABS in reverse, I'd imagine it differs from vehicle to vehicle though, like the cut-off speed
Cars do have ABS in reverse. At least my standard coupé does. I often drive reverse because I have to, to get to the street. And I had to break once, while i was very fast. And the brake pedal did move (pump), while ABS was working.
Yeah, my R32 has ABS in reverse. Just tested it.
Nice, I was about to go out and test this in the snow but looks like I don't have to.

(196 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG