The online racing simulator
New cops' cars in china
(82 posts, started )
New cops' cars in china

LOL! That light bar is so rice!
#3 - JJ72
where'd they found these MGs? they are still being made?
lol

Is this for real?
#5 - wark
Looks like moneyburn. What are they going to do with this car?

One sportscar may cost as much as 5-10 usual cars, but can't do what they can do in co-operation (block a runaway), costs as much as many road cameras or speed-radars, but can't do what they can, and so on.
ok how to carry a criminal person with you? 2 seats?

rice bar!!111
Are these just as unreliable as the *original* one?
Quote from JO53PHS :Are these just as unreliable as the *original* one?

Some of the early ones had a problem around the cylinder head gasket but there is a retro fix and otherwise they were fine for reliability. They're quite nice cars, sort of a "I cant afford a Lotus Elise, but if I could i'd have one" sort of car.
#10 - wark
Speaking of which...
They were built in Longbridge and production was then moved to China. Don't know how much it costs to build 'em now, but probably less. Doubt this is much more than a showcar.
The Chinese might actually be able to claim an increase in build quality for once
Quote from wheel4hummer :LOL! That light bar is so rice!

Exactly!

The fastest police car in Hungary is an Octavia RS...

Good for the Germans, they have Lambos and Porsches
Still the quickest cop car here is only some Chevy Impalla. Other than that it's just a bunch of typical Crown Victorias.

A lawnmower could outrun the police.
it looks like the countach is photoshopped
From Argentina

From This

To This
Quote from wark :Speaking of which...

Holy Cow, our Coopa's got Elise's now, and they said they are cost cutting?
Quote from Fordman :Holy Cow, our Coopa's got Elise's now, and they said they are cost cutting?

I've seen Honda NSX's and Audi TT 3.2's in cop shop trim too. No doubt they've got other things faster.
Quote from Fordman :Holy Cow, our Coopa's got Elise's now, and they said they are cost cutting?

Nah, 'course they haven't. It's just a show car. It's a popular thing to do for some very cheap publicity - put some police stickers on a car and team up with one of the constabularies that need some publicity for a new initiative or suchlike.

There's been Esprits, Elises, Lamborghinis, Smart cars, and all sorts of wierd and wonderful stuff cosmetically dressed up as police cars over the years.
Quote from G!NhO :it looks like the countach is photoshopped

It has been, heres the original http://www.lamborghiniblog.com ... hini-countach-lp500-s.jpg

and btw those supercars and sports cars we have here in britain (Lotus Elise, Caparo T1, Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Murcielago) are all show cars and serve no use in the police force they take the stickers and light bars off whenever they aren't on show, pity really, would be cool seeing a supercar cop car shoot down the road :P
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Exactly!

The fastest police car in Hungary is an Octavia RS...

Good for the Germans, they have Lambos and Porsches

No! We have ONE faster car! See attachment.
Attached images
20071123rendortt24.jpg
I bet the MG is to do with the Olympics.

Now I'm not sure what cars they normally use over there, but I imagine they would not look as good as the MG will on TV during the marathon and other road races.
In Australia:

VE Commodore

Lotus Exige

Chrysler 300c

New cops' cars in china
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG