The online racing simulator
Credits???
(25 posts, started )
Credits???
What are the credits for? I have 400 now, but don't know what they do?
In previous versions of LFS, you used them to unlock the faster cars. Now they're just nostalgia (pointless...)
Hello and welcome to the LFS forum

In LFS you acumulate credits by winning races agains computer and online..
In s2 the credits dont to anything, they were used in LFS S1 where u have to gain a certain number of credits to unlock all of the cars...

in s2 cars are already unlocked!!!

mad!
Just incase you didnt get the two posts above, their pointless ()
And like this post . . . utterly pointless . . . (HAHA, god a crack myself up sometimes)
#6 - axus
No, your post is not utterly pointless - it ups your post count, which is very important as tristancliffe can tell you.
Hmmmm, I don't see many posts made by me just for the hell of it. Most are discussing a topic, helping people, or defending myself when people say I spam.
As Tristan said at the meet, he types many posts but doesnt actually submit them. He just has a little too much time on his hands sometimes
Well, if he just sat around hogging the forums all day, he would be close to 2000 posts already... oh wait
I wonder if those credits would be of any real use when the official S2 is released.... maybe some little change in S2 or a little surprise where you can actually use those credits for "something"?

or will they just get rid of the credit system once and for all in final S2?
Quote from StanleyCarter :or will they just get rid of the credit system once and for all in final S2?

We can only hope.
#12 - axus
The online credits can stay... some people seem to care about them
Beating AI isn't much of an achievement though.

LMAO @ AndroidXP

EDIT: I wonder if the forum has a secret tristan section which only he can post in and see and he posts 3 character posts one after another there...
Quote from axus :EDIT: I wonder if the forum has a secret tristan section which only he can post in and see and he posts 3 character posts one after another there...

LOL, perhaps somewhere in another personality there is a little ricer in him and he goes there to argue the ricer with his main puristic ways, hehe.

JK, Tristen, I always enjoy your posts, most are quite informative.

I was just curious yesterday and I pulled up the member list and sorted by post count. Wow, I'm number 21 out of 4994 registered members. I didn't realize I posted that much. I just post when I see something I want to respond to.

On topic, the credits do nothing and they can keep them in, but they better never change to mean anything.
Just left over from S1, I wouldn't be surprised if they went in the next incompatible patch.

Quote from tristan/spambot :or defending myself when people say I spam

Yes, but isn't replying with "I don't spam, thank you" five times in a row kind of contradictory.

(j/k)
I'm still wallowing in a low post count, but I'm working on post Whoring . .

-On topic- It would be nice if the credit system gave you a nice bonus for all those who have stuck through S1 and S2. Give you something back for your input and play testing. Like an extra car or something quantified against the total number of credits you have. Maybe a ranking system of sorts that unlocks some new toys to play with (ala BF2). Just to let you know that the devs are thinking of you and thanking you in some little way . . . Would be nice.
I dunno, I think it would be best if they just went altogether. Once you start having to earn points to unlock stuff LFS could begin to take on "arcadey" qualities which, imho, is not really what people look for in a racesim. People want to get stuck in and race everything straight off (I do anyway). At the moment the credits just take up precious lines of code that could be dedicated to the physics for fluffy dice hanging off my rearview mirror!
When the credits were used in S1 was there something very bad about them as they were removed from S2? I mean the unlocking. Like having new threads every day about "having to get some credits to be able to drive a car". And everybody saving for the LX6? I felt that they were useful at that time. As the XRT is too rough to an LFS newbie, it was good practise to drive the GTi and the XRG to get enough money for the love machine.

Or make a system with some kind of training excersises that have to be passed to get to drive some car online. The data about passed excersises could be stored to LFSW. Same way could be done with demo players. They could create a limited account on LFSW to store the info and player name. And after a month the account could be automatically deleted if it hasn't been used. Or if a player changes his name -> training.

Or I dunno. At least one excercise about blue and yellow flags...
I quite like being rewarded. I know this is a sim and everything, but just something small. In real life you have a ranking system, you progress through the ranks to become a F1 driver, or a Le Mans Sportscar driver, or you get offered every Ferrari going if you are one M. Schumacher. Real life driving has it's reward system otherwise nobody would do it.

I'm not saying something truly dynamic and pushed upon the game world, just something little that the hardcores would appreaciate. Maybe a buggy/stunt track combo or something like that. I don't really have any real sudggestions, just that I like the idea.
no in demo you have 3 cars; the gti, gt, and gtt
thats it; now in S2 (thus far) we dont have to unlock any cars, they are already 'ready to use'
seeing as everyone else seems to be joining this thread i thought i might aswell illepall

i sort-of agree that online credits are nice. while they have no purpose, its kinda funky to have some ridiculous number of credits which are a record of all your online racing efforts
#21 - 50-3
Point aren't useless you can bost about how yours is bigger :P
Nah, that doesn't really work with credits.

Postcounts, though ...
Quote from AndroidXP :
Postcounts, though ...

thats just for loosers

thats why im playing catch-up
Quote from 50-3 :Point aren't useless you can bost about how yours is bigger :P

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I'm wondering about the same thing.. I recall reading somewhere before I upgraded to S2 something along the lines of "in the demo you might meet players who drive carelessly, but in S2 this will rarely happen because drivers have a reputation to care about". So I was wondering if this was referring to the credit system..? Or something else?
It's because we have a username - everything we do can be traced back to you. Wreck online, and it's easy to be banned from almost every server. Play fair, and people will remember it... That's the reputation.

S2 doesn't use credits - it was a silly system.

Credits???
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG