The online racing simulator
[ot] Xkcd
(7 posts, started )
[ot] Xkcd
XKCD - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.

Would a mod mind if they took of the XKCD posts from the Coding Horror thread and merged them with this thread, thanks.

Compiler Complaint

Checking whether build environment is sane ... build environment is grinning and holding a spatula. Guess not.
Whilst probably funnier to the programmers forum, you're bordering on becoming a links exchange, or emulating parts of my RSS reader, hence why I've moved the thread here. Sorry.
Quote from Dygear :What?

My point was that if you're going to notify us of new strips and discussion (which, in the case of XKCD, I cannot see expanding on more than "yeah thats cool", or "that's so funny") what is the benefit? Something of this nature is more aimed at the XKCD forums, I would've thought? How are you giving me any more than a simple notification that it is Monday, Wednesday or Friday (aside from last week I'm usually pretty good at telling the day of the week)? Or simply telling me that a XKCD strip is out (emulating my feed reader, if you will)?

Yes, the LFS forums are tolerant to other discussion outside of the LFS community, but there is a level of tolerance in certain areas. I have no problem with this discussion outside of the programmers forum, personally. The other threads you have posted today allow others to come away with a better understanding of various programming skills, which could benefit this community in the long run.
#5 - herki
I still love xkcd. I just wished it was updated on a daily base
Ok, that makes alot more sense, taa.

*Gentle nudge for an off-topic programmer forum*
Security Holes

True story: I had to try several times to upload this comic because my ssh key was blacklisted.

[ot] Xkcd
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG