The online racing simulator
Bleeding Canvas Artwork Three Million Dollars !
:jawdrop: 3

'Bleeding Canvas'
As this painting evolved onto the Canvas it's meaning to me became clearer and clearer;
To me it represents the journey that takes us from our birth into this world, through life, to our inevitable departure from the Earth plane and then onto the 'after life' or whatever it is that is beyond this mortal world.
The large cut signifies the start of our material life but it's pure white color shows how are soul is still pure and peaceful and has not yet been influenced by the world as we know it.
As the cut starts to bleed into the world the color changes to red. The flow and shape of the blood from the top right of the cut to the bottom left signifies our lifes journey.
There are three main bulges or waves that are represented in the blood - these are the growth stages of life: Childhood, Teenage/Adolescents, Adulthood. Then the blood trail widens (indicating the retirement years) then quickly tapers to a point. This point represents the end of your life on the earth plane. The drop of blood is your soul travelling on to it's next destination (whereever you believe that to be) - still in the red color - before arriving in a pool of white, the same color as when you arrived in this world.
At least that is my understanding of what I see as I stare at 'Bleeding Canvas'
This is the first of only a few select paintings that will ever be released by me for sale, in my opinion it is a truly rare opportunity to become the owner of a unique piece of artwork that can be related to by all of us on this planet.
Painting is 40" x 30".

Famous in Newzealand After A Newzealander from Manukau made it..

Been Featured on News And there Are two Bids mind you they havent met reserve..

Would you buy it haha??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Art/P ... lic/auction-148457697.htm
#2 - JTbo
Art is too weird to understand, it is something silly emotion based I presume, sometimes it can be of course pretty but like in here it is not.
Thats true but three million dollars? the most money a painting in New Zealand has ever made was $200,000 And It repersents journey through life apparently I say its tastefully done but.. for three million no way..
#4 - JTbo
Quote from R34king :Thats true but three million dollars? the most money a painting in New Zealand has ever made was $200,000 And It repersents journey through life apparently I say its tastefully done but.. for three million no way..

It really does not matter what is in it, but who has made it and from some random odd things that reason can't explain.

I certainly would not pay anything from such.
I wouldn't pay $1 for that
/me gets his primary school paints out to become millionaire.

I really do, honestly think i've done better artwork than that in the past.
#7 - ZORER
i studied university of fine arts so i think i might have a bit of understanding about arts...but please kick my a.s so maybe i can understand what that piece of sh...t is and why it is so priceous.

i hate those art f..kers.
Art generally goes over my head, sometimes I'll see something that strikes a chord, but normally it's just a "picture".

The other weekend I went to Paris, and went to the Louvre, I stood looking at the Mona Lisa thinking.......WTF, why is this painting soooo famous?, I just couldn't get it, there are hundreds of paintings in the Louvre that are as technically good as the Mona Lisa, but none of them draw anywhere near the size of the crowd the Mona Lisa does.

I guess I just don't "get it".
In conclusion No one is Right No one Is wrong Art is just F*cked up
WTF! Art is an excuse for scamming people :bananadea
I have no idea about art but don´t lie me, I´m pretty sure that is not art
The painting is IMHO absolutely pointless. The fact, why it attracts such a huge attention is it's price tag. And because of the attention it has attracted (thanks to it's humongous price tag), for some people it is worth the money. It is also an ego-thing. If you can afford to buy a $3 million pointless painting, you are obviously more than anybody else....more of an a$$hole in my opinion. And you even have the gift of "understanding" art.

To sum it up: It absolutely doesn't matter what the painting is about, the price matters. It's just a whiteman's bling-bling.
I've been to a coupe of art galleries somewhat recently (well, I was dragged there), completely didn't get nine out of every ten. There was one in particular that I liked but it was very detailed, almost photo like... but then I like photos. Stuff like this (£3m painting that took 5 mins) proves we're a weird race. If somebody is willing to pay that much money for it, then so be it. Doesn't really effect me, although I wish I could earn that much money so easily.
A businessman buys that painting and puts it on the table in his office to decide which wall to mount it later.And leaves it there. Then, cleaning lady arrives and she thinks that was a scratch paper so throws it to bin.

She is much more clever than him.
I was put off by the pretentious pap that was on that webpage.

IMO if you need someone to tell you what a picture is or represents, it's not that good. It should be self-contained. You don't look at a landscape and need some guy to tell you it's some fields and mountains. You don't look at a portrait and need some guy to tell you it's someone's face.
As a picture, that one's okay but it's not exceptional.

The only abstract art I really "get" is Piet Mondrian's weird squares/colours paintings. But then I like clean lines and lots of contrast.
The thing about modern art is that you don't necessarily have to get it, nor enjoy it, but the good thing is there's a hell of a lot of it around, and some of it will resonate with you. We're past the point where the only acceptable art is defined by a tiny elite within a very tight definition. These days your opinion counts as much as anyone's. So if you don't like it, or don't get anything out of it, move on- and if you do like it, that's great.

I agree with Glenn though that I probably wouldn't pay $1 for that particular painting...
Quote from Bob Smith :I've been to a coupe of art galleries somewhat recently (well, I was dragged there), completely didn't get nine out of every ten. There was one in particular that I liked but it was very detailed, almost photo like... but then I like photos. Stuff like this (£3m painting that took 5 mins) proves we're a weird race. If somebody is willing to pay that much money for it, then so be it. Doesn't really effect me, although I wish I could earn that much money so easily.

bob youcould earn at least 10mil for your beer can chair then. Now thats a work of art.
Agreed, the baltic would probably pay me handsomely to have it featured amongst their weird contempary art displays, but it's not bloody art, it's a tribute to beer and it's staying in my damn lounge.
Ugh, art sucks. I never understand those things. Here in belgium some TV cook made some paintings, they look absolutely terrible. Any 5 year old could do it. But he's famous, so the paintings are "good"..
I never understood how a painting could be worth that much, especially not a new one..
The explanation makes it more interesting than it would be, otherwise, but I cannot imagine why anyone would find it so insightful as to pay $3million.

BTW, if any of you guys have seen the album cover of Moody Blues' "Days of Future Past," it is much more thoughtful (and more skillfully done), in my opinion. It would make a very nice poster, to hang on my wall (but I still wouldn't pay $3million).

P.S. - Also, the painter maybe should have somehow connected the puddle to the diving board.
well, judging by the modern art, I could deficate in a bucket and then call it "the journey of food in our bodies" and then sell it for a fortune

(if anyone is interested in buying that I promise to donate half the income to LFS developers)
This is a lesson to all who want to become an artist, forget about learning to paint, learn the language of Bullshit and you will be the next millionaire modern artist. Failing that just **** a load of people and don't clean your room, then stick it in the Tate modern and act like a slag.
I'm not a Banksy fan, but here's his take on the subject of art.
Attached images
suitslookingatnob.gif
I've always found it silly that if I took two aluminum coke cans and glued them together at a 45 degree angle and tried to sell it as a symbol of the modern world for $5,000,000 people would look at me as if I was crazy. BUT if some well known modern art designer did the same thing, claiming it was a symbol of our modern day and age, it would be called a masterpiece, be bought for 25,000,000 and displayed in the Smithsonian.

WTF >_<

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG