The online racing simulator
(Beer + boredom) * 3 years = ???
(39 posts, started )
Well, I'll let you all in on a little story.

During my first year of University (back in 2003), I lived in a house where I had a window above my bedroom door into the hallway. With people always being up/leaving lights on, I wanted to block the window up. Rather than be somewhat conventional and a poster, I stacked beer cans up on the little ledge instead, cutting the top ones so they'd fit. Now the idiot people I lived with thought it would be fun to destroy them one drunken evening, but saving the cans to build the little wall started something.

Come my second year at Uni, and a different house, I saved all my beer cans once again, with a plan to do something with them. That never happened, but I left all the beer cans in a cupboard in my bedroom that couldn't be reached without standing on a chair. After a year break, I moved back into the same house, and the cans were still there. So, I spent another year collecting empty cans and came up with the idea - to build a chair from the cans. Or, as I like to call it, the beer throne.

Construction started on said throne back in June '07 but, after 4 hours glueing, I ran out of glue. Lacking motivation to buy more glue and finish it, the throne got left unfinished, and got damaged by people walking into the cans all over the place, and a subsequent house move didn't help either. A later attempt to repair the throne, having bought more glue, was halted by the glue gun trigger breaking.

Anyway, to conclude this story, the Saturday afternoon just gone I set about (with a little help) to repair and finish the damn thing, which took about another 4 hours.

So, may I present, this 136 beer can structure:

More photos can be found here: http://bmp.thefloatingwidget.net/photos/beerthrone/
A true stroke of genius, from a gent who clearly has great taste!

I'm not sure I'd want to sit on it, but it strikes me as something you could flog for a fortune in a certain London market Nice work dude!
#3 - Jakg
Theres no pictures of anyone using it, though...?
rofl! Nice chair
I knew a guy that was an alcoholic bum He made a sofa/bed, but since he drank cheap beer, the thing broke
Yeah it is a master piece, took an age to built too.

The best bit was when we were turning that thing upside down and all the widgets rattling.... creates hell of a noise.

It is good that we didn't stick that can of Boddingtons on there Ben, it would have ruined the whole thing.

It only took 4 hours because someones chair fell on the already made arm which had to be reconstructed again!!! :rolleyes:

mad
Quote from Jakg :Theres no pictures of anyone using it, though...?

I too would like to see someone sat on it. It really doesn't look all that strong to me.

Still, nice little (big) ornamental feature I guess. And only a Uni student could do that!

#7 - Jakg
I love my chair to bits, but I'm just thinking if I took the the padding off it and stuck it on that, it would actually be bloody comfortable.

:X.

EDIT - You students drink a metric ****load, though :P

I would try and sell it - it's definitely unique!
I am in awe, sir.

Get a load of bar towels to make the padding. Or get someone who can sew to make a proper padded cushion for it out of bar towels.
HAha that made me chuckle! Must have been a laugh to make!
IMHO John Smiths "smooth" should be outlawed, and anyone who asks for it taken outside and shot. They brew the nicest beer in the known universe and decide to completely ruin it so they can sell it in cans.

Nice chair BTW.
Great work Bob, that's a masterpiece :up: Nice to see your heavy drinking being put to some constructive use (other than standing outside No. 10 Downing St brandishing your pocket-ham and demanding an audience with Prime Minister Churchill - or was it Kev that did that? My memory's hazy - shit, it could've been me).
I just had to look up "pocket ham".

I found out it's a type of gun. In that case it wasn't me.
I find it hard to believe that that is all the beer you drank in 3 years! That would have taken two weeks here :P

Nice work though! Reminds me of the throne we made when I was in first year - back then we were allowed beer bottles in residence and we kept all of oure empty 24's. Wound up making a huge couch out of them. It could fit 3-4 people comfortably, it was about 6 feet tall, had a full backrest and arm rests, and had steps up to the seat which had a cusion placed on it. Quite comfy, actually, and at the end of the year there was enough empty 24's that with the deposit money when returned we were able to buy another 5 24's and a 12-pack.

Thats mental, try sell it?!? all you need now is a beer can buffet.
Quote from the_angry_angel : from a gent who clearly has great taste!

There is not one belgian beercan in that chair which is unmistakable proof of BAD beertaste!
We brew almost 1500 different kinds of beer and most Brits who visit us drink themselves KO. Thinking these small glasses can't get u drunk..until someone tells them most beers are 5° and many of the good ones are 8-12°. Try and drink 5pints of bush beer or delerium tremens in the same time u drink that brit yellow water and see how u feel afterwards.

http://www.belgian-beer.net/

And Bob, I would like to see a short movie of your next drunken friendsmeeting where u sit on your throne and four friends kick a leg at the same time. Should become a truly famous clip
Chimay, that's the one for me :yummy: Sublime flavours and brilliant bang for your buck

Kev, that pocket-ham (whosever it was) might well have been a weapon, but it sure didn't look dangerous...
Quote from Hankstar :Chimay, that's the one for me :yummy: Sublime flavours and brilliant bang for your buck

Indeed, indeed.

St. Bernardus, too.
Love those crafty Belgian monks. It always seems to be monks who make the best booze - I wonder where New Year's Eve would be without dear brother Dom Perignon, for example ...
Quote from Noccy :There is not one belgian beercan in that chair which is unmistakable proof of BAD beertaste!

nevermind your belgian dishwater there is no indication of any beer from the area with the most breweries per square km worldwide
You Germans also have the most Schumachers per square km, but it proves nothing - only one of them was any bloody good.
Amazing... I do the same but since I don't drink alcohol I have a wall of Pepsi, its about 1/6th the way complete but hey, gotta do something with the cans - and its a bigger redemption to bring them all back at once
Very impressive! Needs a canopy, though.
Quote from Shotglass :nevermind your belgian dishwater there is no indication of any beer from the area with the most breweries per square km worldwide

If u disagree With Michael Jackson (the beer connoisseur ,not the singer!) and almost every beerloving person in the world. I'd wager it's your taste thats lacking..or u only tasted the cheap delhaize and aldi white brands, maybe even junk like Primus?

I understand your beer envy knowing our dishwater gets sold to Germany who then make "beer" from it. But u can't blame us for that..it's u guys buying dishwater ,who wouldn't sell it if they got the offer?
Now now girls, no sense in fighting when there's drinking to do.

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG