The online racing simulator
bad lag if LFS has focus but ok if it doesn't
Hi guys, hoping someone can help. I'm getting really bad lag for the online gaming on LFS. Its very consistent and repetitive as in the game will run ok for a couple of seconds then lag for maybe 1 second and this will repeat very consistently.

I've also noticed that if I have LFS in windowed mode and have a different window selected such as firefox or openoffice writer then the lag goes away and I can see the race in the background running fairly smoothly.

I'm guessing that this has something to do with settings for my wireless card on my PC. If anyone has any ideas or knows of any guides could they point me in the right direction?

Cheers
#2 - SamH
MSN did this to me, even though it was minimised and all chat windows closed. A few other things also cause this for me, usually when I have a bunch of TSRs running (applications which are Terminated, Seeking Revenge). Basically things that are invisibly hogging resources

If I get down to the minimum number of processes running - I get mine down to about 27 or 28 - I find that I get consistent, high framerates all the time. You should definitely kill of silly stock stuff, like qttask.exe and so on.. anything to do with printers, scanner button monitors, webcam drivers waiting for you to hit the "snapshot" button.. any sundry items of no worth while playing LFS, basically.
I've found that as long as I start LFS in windowed mode I can race online without the strange lag. If I switch to fullscreen then the lag comes back and just won't go away even if I go back to windowed mode. The only way to get rid of it is to restart LFS or change focus to a different program.
#4 - SamH
IMO, if you have this problem, you shouldn't be running other programs to change focus to. Something you are running, whether as an application or as a service, is hogging resources. Kill everything, as I said before, and then see.
I did try as you suggest first, I ended all tasks and had no other programs running but the lag was still exactly the same. It's no biggie as I can just run it in a big window and its practically the same size as fullscreen anyway. It's just a bit of a strange one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG