The online racing simulator
Lets get positive !!!!!!!!
(22 posts, started )
I have become more and more concerned recently over the ever increasing moaning on the forum (before anyone says it yes this could be considered another moan). I have a great deal of respect for LFS and what the guys are creating.

A lot of you are very experienced LFSers and think it’s time for the community to get together and promote LFS. When I bought my S2, I did so because I wanted to experience all the great racing everyone was talking about. With the current negative attitude from most people what incentive or opinion are we giving the demo drivers on S2. I have read comments regarding declining on-line numbers, surely if the dedicated LFS community pulls together to promote how incredible LFS is and not focusing on minor issues we would see a greater number of demo racers purchasing S2.

I would also like to see people be made a bit more welcome and for the experienced LFSers to help make new drivers feel like part of the community. This again was the case not so long ago and can be nothing but positive for the community as a whole.

LFS in my opinion is by far the best racing sim out there. It provides incredible racing and I have always been amazed at the professional approach that a lot of the racing servers have given to the community. I would love to get some feedback on this and hopefully some positive ideas…. For example, would it be useful if a group got together to visit demo servers to help promote the benefits of S2 and maybe just help new drivers a little.
Why bother promoting something that the devs have clearly stated they don't want to promote untill it's "finished"?
Quote from danowat :Why bother promoting something that the devs have clearly stated they don't want to promote untill it's "finished"?

To spite them of course!
I'm not talking about persuading people, just helping people understand how good LFS and/or S2 are. Getting the community more positive and constructive.
The community IS positive and constructive. It's the newcomers demanding better damage, rain, bodykits, sparks, bloom, modding, dump valves and other stuff within seconds of hearing about LFS that annoys everyone.

When people come here, take the time to learn what LFS is, and what is it's driving force (torque, I suppose), then they are taken into the community seamlessly and without fuss - you only notice the ones that are rejected for being from Americ... for being a bit stupid.
Quote from danowat :Why bother promoting something that the devs have clearly stated they don't want to promote untill it's "finished"?

I'm not suggesting we all go on a advertising campaign, just help people who want to get more involved. £24 can be a lot for some people, but if they see what a great community LFS really is and how good the racing is... It can only help
You are trying to solve a problem that isn't there.
Quote from tristancliffe :The community IS positive and constructive.

I agree, just think it's become a little masked by moaning.... This is just a recent thing i've noticed and suppose what i am trying to say is lets nip it in the bud....
Quote from danowat :You are trying to solve a problem that isn't there.

Exactly.
And as someone stated, it`s nothing wrong with the community, it`s a forum, and on every forum there is discussion. The latest discussion is about the lack of new contest to LFS, and that isn`t a bad thing eighter. We need to be able to say what we want, and we`re doing it. Denying is the worst thing.
+
Yeah a big moaning family.

OT, as Dan, I dont think theres anything to fix. If only, the thread starter is trying to fix the wrong problem. LFS's problem isnt located in this forums.
When coming from the mouth of lots of experienced and dedicated LFSers, then improving suggestions and lack of motivation is not moaning. It is constructive critisism (or food for thought if you prefer). And it surely doesn't negate what LFS and the community have achieved so far!

As for the demo users, if the demo's capabilities, the LFSW and these forums aren't enough for them to buy the sim, I seriously doubt that any S2 user will ever persuade them to do so. There is no point in pushing someone to do something he doesn't really want to do (btw, 'informing' differs from 'pushing' )
Thanks for all the feedback, all points taken and I must admit agreed... Perhaps my comments come from my lack of forum experience in general and understanding the true nature of what a forum provides to the community.

I find the family comment very true, with a close community comes disagreements, moaning etc and yes being put that way I can see how in fact that is quite healthy....
Quote from tristancliffe :The community IS positive and constructive. It's the newcomers demanding better damage, rain, bodykits, sparks, bloom, modding, dump valves and other stuff within seconds of hearing about LFS that annoys everyone.

When people come here, take the time to learn what LFS is, and what is it's driving force (torque, I suppose), then they are taken into the community seamlessly and without fuss - you only notice the ones that are rejected for being from Americ... for being a bit stupid.

Agreed. I've noticed on here that the idiotic ideas and statements are from us Americans. A certain atlantian comes to mind?

Its from watching too much mass media about motorsports and looking into any history, or why certain things are done to a car. Thay just see it on TV and want it on their sim car.
I'm glad you took the comment in the way it was intended. Lots of people get offended very easily these days :up:
#18 - JJ72
When people have to do something to boost their ego/confidence, truth is maybe they are really rather insecure inside.

Could be a personal thing?
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
Some S2 players joining demo servers trying to persuade them to buy it just won't work...

You mean by crashing and angering players until they are too fed up with demo?
Please, keep your secret fantasies to yourself! When I raced on demo servers, I was never a crasher, even after I had S2. I like to show demoers that we S2 people have class. That's how I best promoted it.
MY fantasies?
Quote from tristancliffe :you only notice the ones that are rejected for being from Americ... for being a bit stupid.

close call Tristan

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG