Location of the FBM fuel tank
(9 posts, started )
I was curious where the fuel tank was in the FBM. I am gonna do an hour long race, and going from 10 to 67% fuel adds about 41 pounds. It is really changing the feel of the car, and I'd like to try to dial some of it out.

41 pounds doesn't sound like much, but it is 4% of the weight of the car, and it really changes how it drives.

thanks
#2 - wark
Watch the weight split (%F/R) as you add more fuel?
Quote from wark :Watch the weight split (%F/R) as you add more fuel?

it doesn't seem to update the weight when you change fuel in the pits

I'm thinking the weight in the pits is dry weight.
Have you changed the "fuel" bit so the fuel is included (left hand side)

EDIT: It does change the weight distribution, but not by much.
#5 - lefty
Quote from spanks :I was curious where the fuel tank was in the FBM. I am gonna do an hour long race, and going from 10 to 67% fuel adds about 41 pounds. It is really changing the feel of the car, and I'd like to try to dial some of it out.

41 pounds doesn't sound like much, but it is 4% of the weight of the car, and it really changes how it drives.

thanks

add the fuel in setup screen and see how it affects the weight balance.
oh hey, never knew that :P

Thanks
I assume fuel tank sit behind the driver seat. like all formula type cars.
#8 - ajp71
It appears the FBM doesn't change the weight balance at all, which means the fuel tank is obviously central in the car, this would seem realistic because in the real car the fuel tank will be between the engine and cockpit bulkheads.
FBM CoG location (x,y,z) = (-2.422513E-06, -0.1604072, 0.2783999)
FBM Fuel Tank (x,y,z) = (0, -0.16, 0.1703217)

Looks like the tank is situated pretty much (to 3 decimal places) directly below the CoG, so the balance shouldn't change with fuel load.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG