Do YOU use auto-clutch?
(65 posts, started )

Poll : Auto Clutch? And when?

I use auto-clutch all the time
I never use it
I use it only in cars where it's needed/more real
I don't know what the crap you are talking about
Do YOU use auto-clutch?
Just a simple question of if you guys use auto-clutch or not.
Yes I do, and it saved me all the trouble of whining here about burning up the clutch
#3 - DeKo
Used to on my old DFP, but im now on the full G25 3 pedals so use manual now.
#4 - wien
Nope. DFP and button clutch in patch Y. Used auto-clutch before though.
LOL, never use it since I got a 3 pedal set working. and once I get my DIY pedals together it won't even be an option worth looking at.
At the moment yeah, it's the lesser of two evils, fully automatic is boring and proper clutch is not possible right now, but i'm working on a hand operated clutch axis for proper shifting.
Not anymore!
Finally, my extra wheel and ACT labs H shifter now have a use!
#8 - JTbo
No need for that any more, but before with DFP I did use that even I had button for clutch, which I used at starts and pit stops.
Yes
#10 - DeKo
I use it only in cars where it's needed/more real

Thats the most ridiculous poll option ive ever seen, why would it ever be more realistic in any of the cars we currently have?
I use auto-clutch because its hard to hold a button in while shifting around a corner I use a seq shifter..
I use auto simply because I'm using a mouse and keyboard. If I had a G25 I'd be fully manual clutch.
~Bryan~
#13 - aoun
I use it when im racing, my heel-toe isnt good yet.

When im having just abit of fun offline, ill use full manual, just to play around abit, and improve my heel-toe when down shifting, double clutching etc , though i think im still really bad at them
#14 - VoiD
All-time-auto-clutcher...

I would like to clutch myself, but I´m just a poor DFP-user. Button-clutch seems to me... ...well, not right somehow.
#15 - FL!P
I have to use auto-clutch because my Momo has only two pedals. But I've also set the clutch to a button that I use at starts and when I have to rejoin.
Quote from FL!P :I have to use auto-clutch because my Momo has only two pedals. But I've also set the clutch to a button that I use at starts and when I have to rejoin.

Interesting. I have a Momo too so I use auto-clutch also. What advantage does the button have on starts?
Manual clutch and I haven't look back.

Auto-clutch (unless you can't afford a G25) is for sissies.
manual all the way!!
Hehe... back when I first started sim-racing I though the fact that these games actually implement a clutch at all was so cool I configured the brake-pedal as the clutch and used a joystick as a brake (pulling it towards me). Of course, that is kind of silly so I went out and bought another wheel almost right away.

Love,
Aero
I use it but alot of the time I'll instinctively lift off and press down the clutch.
Began using it...
Never looked back.

Well, except when I touch the BF1.
since i have a wheel with clutch it would be a waste if I didn't use manual clutch all the time
Quote from VoiD :All-time-auto-clutcher...

I would like to clutch myself, but I´m just a poor DFP-user. Button-clutch seems to me... ...well, not right somehow.

i have autoclutch, but i use the button clutch to keep from ffrying my clutch in the pits.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#24 - Iron
Quote from Lateralus :Interesting. I have a Momo too so I use auto-clutch also. What advantage does the button have on starts?

I would like to know that too.
#25 - wark
Quote from sgt.flippy :Yes I do, and it saved me all the trouble of whining here about burning up the clutch

Don't be so sure of that! Auto clutch spends much more time riding the clutch than any moderately proficient button pusher or real-life driver would manually. Anyway, I have a hunch all the whiners were using auto.

Quote from Iron :I would like to know that too.

Less (next to no) slip for fast starts, and unrealistically low RPM is possible to save the clutch (<500).

Do YOU use auto-clutch?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG