The online racing simulator
Longest sim-race record?
(52 posts, started )
#1 - axus
Longest sim-race record?
I was wondering what is the record for the longest sim-race in the world in terms of time. (No driver swaps). Perhaps if we can get some psychos like me to do 48 or 72hrs and get it recognised by guiness we could boost LFS popularity. Plus it would be an experience to tell your children about and brag about.
my mother would kill me if i did like 48 hours illepall
24 ok in a way...
#3 - axus
Quote from bLaCk VaMpIrE :my mother would kill me if i did like 48 hours illepall
24 ok in a way...

24 is not gonna be enough - surely someone has done that before. And it won't be quite as impressive.
IF you get it recognised by guiness, I'm in whatever it takes

Eza
if you die, plz make sure "lfs" and its url gets on the papers. thx in advance
Quote from KiDCoDEa :if you die, plz make sure "lfs" and its url gets on the papers. thx in advance

haha

Eza
#7 - tpa
After 24 hours, my dsl disconnects

Could be done on LAN, though ...
axus you ARE insane.
I think it should be done in LAN so it could be monitored that there isnt just computers driving around, but 72h is insane without driver changes
yeah, a 24hour LAN makes much more sense. might be worth organizing a lan party next summer. the weekend after le mans or sumtin'. we've got plenty of time to organise that, but what about international entries?

could tag-on to one of multiplay's big'uns. means a LOT less hassle with actually organising the venue etc,
+plenty of room for ACTUAL driver changes (although there's always gonna be at least one, 1 stint hero)

either way, bring it on!

72 hours of newbury here we come!illepall
#11 - axus
If we get guiness to recognise it i'm sure sponsorship would be little problem. Red Bull would sponsor us for one I'm sure . We could arrange plane tickets with sponsors and caffeene pills, coffee stuffed sandwiches and Red Bull .
What?? only 72 hours?? :bigeyes2: :weeping: :cry: :worried:

Eza
Make it a week..thats 168 hours
#14 - axus
We will see the guiness minimum to count it and then double that
dont know whether this would work, but.

12 hours then in pits and driver change

another 12 hours then do the same again.

Then you could make the races years long if you wanted.
#17 - axus
Quote from Stellios :dont know whether this would work, but.

12 hours then in pits and driver change

another 12 hours then do the same again.

Then you could make the races years long if you wanted.

Which is why it wouldn't work - it would be nothing special. But we would have to have caffine and piss breaks somewhere...
Bucket on one side you for toilet breaks with some bog roll incase you need a one out the back end. Fridge full of drinks and food on the other side to sustain your living.

I think for a record to show up in the books, you'd have to race no longer than a week straight I'm just guessing, but, make it a record that is hard to beat.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Well, this guy played WoW for over 50 hours before he died of exhaustion and dehydration, so you'll have to do at least two straight days to be impressive.
http://www.latimes.com/technol ... ry?coll=la-business-games

Isnt the record playing computer games something like 70 hours? I'd think the record simracing should be somewhere around that.

(Hell, im not gonna drive that long illepall)
#21 - axus
The main problem is other games have pauses.
Quote from axus :The main problem is other games have pauses.

Oval and XF GTi
#23 - axus
No stupid oval shit - I'll fall asleep
You have a pitstop. Make use of it

Hmm, I might order in some Mountain Dew (24 tins) and go for 24 hours, see how hard it is.
I read about this in my recent car magazine, try and emulate it and you will certaintly be in the news and record books

http://www.edmunds.com/insidel ... Features/articleId=105899

You should see the pictures after each stint. Cars are covered with thousands of bugs and they hit quite a few birds too

Longest sim-race record?
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG