The online racing simulator
Setup Printout ?
(7 posts, started )
Setup Printout ?
Hello,

Is there a printout tool/program that will print out a setup file?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Ron Sagel
What do you mean, print out? Like, onto paper? Why would you want to do that?

The only program I know that will open an LFS setup and display the contents would be my own analyser (either through the setup reader or the main interface), but that's not going to automate getting the numbers on paper (though will make copying and pasting to notepad easier).
Quote from Bob Smith :....but that's not going to automate getting the numbers on paper (though will make copying and pasting to notepad easier).

It will when I add a worksheet at the end of my copy and link to all the setup data throughout the analysis part .

Edit: Oh, wait! I haven't looked at your analyzer for quite some time. Last time I looked, it was done in Excel. I guess you've done more work on it than I'd thought .

PS. I just clicked on your link to the setup analyzer. In Firefox, I got the front page just fine, but blank pages for all the links on top (Features, Downloads, Gathering Data, etc.) Just to let you know....
#4 - DGW
Slightly related to this I was recently thinking that it would be good to have a program that allowed you to compare the values of two setups. For example showing the various values of each setup in two columns with the third column showing the difference in values. For gearing, differences in final ratio for each gear would also be useful/needed. This can already be done within LFS to some degree by clicking on different setups and seeing how the values change but it's really not that easy. The idea is that having this type of comparison might make it easier to figure out how differences in values between different sets affects the handling.
Quote from mrodgers :PS. I just clicked on your link to the setup analyzer. In Firefox, I got the front page just fine, but blank pages for all the links on top (Features, Downloads, Gathering Data, etc.) Just to let you know....

Weird, works fine here and for everyone else who has commented.

DGW - not impossible to make, I've already got some ideas.
#6 - DGW
Quote from Bob Smith :
DGW - not impossible to make, I've already got some ideas.

Sounds good. I'd be happy to try it out if you do program something like this.
Quote :What do you mean, print out?

it mean's he wants analyse the world record setup completely like toe and tyre pressure and ...

Setup Printout ?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG