The online racing simulator
INsim programmer needed
(13 posts, started )
hi can some one make me an insim if so an admin slot for our server has come up for that person if so add clkdtmamg@aol.com for msn

thanks evo
#2 - Jakg
...InSim? InSim's already IN LFS.

I suspect you mean to write an application USING InSim. If you want someone to do it, perhaps you could say what you want the application to DO?
Quote from Jakg :...InSim? InSim's already IN LFS.

I suspect you mean to write an application USING InSim. If you want someone to do it, perhaps you could say what you want the application to DO?

well i want speed traps for cops and buy/sell cars going round the track builds money etc but to buld most u have to be doin around 65-70 automatic spectate on speeders in pit lane etc
Please, you don't want to set up yet another InSim cruise server, do you?

*** Note: this was written while you were on a cruise server. ***
Quote from Chris P :Please, you don't want to set up yet another InSim cruise server, do you?

*** Note: this was written while you were on a cruise server. ***

this server has been going for a few months just need insim now
#6 - Jakg
Yes he does.

I dont get why we need yet ANOTHER Cruise server - if people enjoy it, fine. But if the CTRA can't keep 7 servers populated, and they have over 13,600 unique visitors to their servers, what makes you think the 3 servers CLC run, the two that LTC run, and the couple that TC run leave drivers wanting more?

I don't get it - i understand people enjoy it, but not that we need someone to waste their time developing yet ANOTHER application
Quote from Jakg :I dont get why we need yet ANOTHER Cruise server - if people enjoy it, fine. But if the CTRA can't keep 7 servers populated, and they have over 13,600 unique visitors to their servers, what makes you think the 3 servers CLC run, the two that LTC run, and the couple that TC run leave drivers wanting more?

Because there are more people interested in driving around aimlessly than there are interested in racing. Haven't you noticed?

And, let's be honest, that unique visitor count doesn't mean anything. I imagine most servers in the list would have thousands of visitors but Becky is the only host who actually runs a hit counter.
#8 - Jakg
I can't believe more people are interested in Cruising in LFS than in racing, even if the numbers are the same if Becky can't hold down 7 servers and keep the populated, i doubt a glut of Cruise servers can.

The Unique Visitor count is the only count of it's kind for a race server (iirc the Cone Dodgers to have a number - isn't it about 10 or 20 thousand...?) - if we compare this to the "unique visitors" to a server like TC, they are now publicizing their 1,000th unique user.

I'm not making this into a "all hail CTRA" thread, because even if i think that the meaning of my post will be lost and i'll get dragged into a flamewar - if other racing server have more visitors then that does nothing but strengthen my point.
Quote from Jakg :The Unique Visitor count is the only count of it's kind for a race server (iirc the Cone Dodgers to have a number - isn't it about 10 or 20 thousand...?) - if we compare this to the "unique visitors" to a server like TC, they are now publicizing their 1,000th unique user.

How far back do records date for CTRA and TC?

Even assuming they started recording around the same time, it seems to suggest that CTRA publicised themselves well enough to bring in a lot of visitors, but hasn't retained enough of those visitors to keep the servers busy, whereas the "cruise" servers have a small userbase that they have managed to hook long-term.

It's disappointing, but what can you do.
LTC have actually had over 7,000 unique visitors.

Normal active amount at any one time ranges from 30connections to 70.

oh, and by the way, LTC is 4months old

and I have to ask, if you can't write an insim app, why on earth would you start a cruise server? lol
Just me that thinks it weird that this guys is selling his account but still wants insim programmers?
Quote from MyBoss :Just me that thinks it weird that this guys is selling his account but still wants insim programmers?

haha, very true. Did not even link the two things together!

Maybe, nobody said they would do the insim app, so he thought "f*** that game then"
Quote from Jakg :I can't believe more people are interested in Cruising in LFS than in racing, even if the numbers are the same if Becky can't hold down 7 servers and keep the populated, i doubt a glut of Cruise servers can.

There are lots and lots of race servers that are all subtly different so whilst someone may have raced on CTRA for a bit of TBO action they may well also race on Conedodgers for some GTR racing, Redline for SS, GFC for big SS and so on. To put it in perspective CTRA currently can fill 3 of its servers at busy times but can't fill the others because few people have earnt the licenses to race on them, which is obviously going to change.

Cruising is essentially the same on all the servers, driving around until your money tops up so you can buy a new car then having a bit of a bitch over who wrecked who and so on. There aren't very many cruise servers because they always choose to go to a full server so I think that actually there are more of these cruise people than you think but still only a handful of servers.

INsim programmer needed
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG