The online racing simulator
Wisdom Teeth
(41 posts, started )
Wisdom Teeth
Just had my two bottom wisdom teeth yanked out. My bottom lip is still numb and tingly from the Novocaine they used but the operation was painless...probably because i was put to sleep. My bottom jaw is pretty sore, the left side more than the right.

Has anyone else had their wisdom teeth pulled? If so, how did you feel after, and how long after the operation did it take before you could eat normally again?
#2 - DeKo
mine were a right pain in the arse for yonks, Wisdom teeth and another 2 teeth were trying to occupy the same space, the dentist said the best thing for it would be to let them basically fight it out themselves, absolutely fine now.
I had all four yanked out at the same time, the pain persisted for around a week, the first two days are the worst. Youre back to eating normal in at the most ten days. Unless you have what is called a "dry socket". And you will know, because it will feel like satan itself is stabbing you in that area. I had one. It...really sucked.

And I only took Tylenol for the pain!
I've only had one removed (about five years ago now) and the Novocaine kept me drooling like a stroke victim for about a day. The gaping hole in my gum bled slowly all night and the next day (it was apparently a real bastard to remove). My dentist was nice enough to check up on me that evening because he was a bit concerned. Even after the bleeding stopped it still hurt like f*** for quite a while!

I was eating normal food within a few days but eating wasn't actually pleasant/painless again until about a week later. I mostly just sat in my armchair for the best part of that time drinking scotch, playing Metal Gear and talking to my mate Mary Joanna. Natural painkillers are the best and I can't recommend them highly enough
Hehe, mine weren't fully developed so the roots had not grown in al lthe way. I obviously feel soreness but it honestly isn't as bad as i thought. It hasn't openly bled since the operation and i hope it stays that way.
35 years old and I am still 99% complete as the day I was born. I still have all 4 wisdom teeth, still have my tonsils and still have my appendix. The only thing I don't have anymore that I did when I was born is my..... er, well... I have children now, you figure it out.
Hi,

Hope you feel better soon. I had two compacted wisdom teeth taken out in hospital about 15 years ago (showing my age). I remember having to take painkillers every 4 hours 24/7 to numb the pain for about 6 weeks before I could get into Hospital to get them out (and that was a Private Hospital).

When I came round I was dosed up on painkillers until the next day and then never had a painkiller from then on.

Maybe I was lucky to have had the pain beforehand !!!

Cheers CRAIG
#8 - th84
I had all four of mine pulled at the same time, less than 6 months ago. I was back at work the next day and able to eat normally after about a week. Loritab FTW!

You were put to sleep? You wuss!!!
Quote from Craig WA :Hi,

Hope you feel better soon. I had two compacted wisdom teeth taken out in hospital about 15 years ago (showing my age). I remember having to take painkillers every 4 hours 24/7 to numb the pain for about 6 weeks before I could get into Hospital to get them out (and that was a Private Hospital).

When I came round I was dosed up on painkillers until the next day and then never had a painkiller from then on.

Maybe I was lucky to have had the pain beforehand !!!

Cheers CRAIG

Ha interesting. I spoke with a few of my friends that had it done and got mixed reviews on it (like this thread). Some said it was sore the first 2 days and thats it, some said it was sore for a week. I guess we'll see.
Quote from mrodgers :The only thing I don't have anymore that I did when I was born is my..... er, well... I have children now, you figure it out.

as youre american ill go out on a limb here and say ... foreskin ?

on the subject at hand ... still got all 4 of them and im praying that i wont ever have to go through what youre going through right now
Quote from Shotglass :as youre american ill go out on a limb here and say ... foreskin ?

on the subject at hand ... still got all 4 of them and im praying that i wont ever have to go through what youre going through right now

Pray man, pray, because the Advil just wore off and MAN OH MAN.
Quote from mrodgers :35 years old and I am still 99% complete as the day I was born. I still have all 4 wisdom teeth, still have my tonsils and still have my appendix. The only thing I don't have anymore that I did when I was born is my..... er, well... I have children now, you figure it out.

Virginity has been taken eh? lol..."No, it took my wallet" would be the apropriate answer
They've pulled three of mine, the fourth doesn't seem to be a problem. Funny though, none of them hurt at all even after the anesthetics wore off.
LOL @ this thread!!!!!!! So the dentists tricked all of you into having your wisdom teeth removed? LOL. Guess what?

They're taking advantage of you. Think about it. People these days just don't have the dental problems that people had say 40 years ago. With all the advancements in toothpaste, toothbrushes, and regular cleanings, people's teeth are in far better condition than they used to be decades ago. Bottom line? The dentists can't make money anymore like they used to, back when everybody had major problems with their teeth. Cleanings are NOT expensive and dentists do NOT make much money off of them.

So guess what they come up with to fill in the void? "Hey, we can make some money by removing people's wisdom teeth!!" It is a good plan indeed, as almost everybody falls for it. I just turned 21 and I have not, and do NOT plan on removing my wisdom teeth. Why remove them? The dentist muttered something like "they will push my teeth together or outwards or something", but that is a bunch of BS to get me to do it. If it really WAS a serious problem he would make sure to let me know. But if he tells me "it would be good" to remove my wisdom teeth then I know there is nothing actually wrong with their presence in my mouth.

Use your brain when making this decision, don't just take the "trusty" dentist's word for it, because they are business people too, and they want to make money off you just as much as the next guy. And here is the icing on the cake: ask your parents if they had their wisdom teeth pulled when they were young. My parents did not have them taken out, and they still have them in to this day with absolutely no problems, and so does mostly everybody in their generation. Do not waste your money on USELESS operations. As much as I support dentists, I do not like being ripped off.
Quote from Shotglass :as youre american ill go out on a limb here and say ... foreskin ?

:doh:

Boy am I glad I swallowed that mouthful of water I was drinking before I opened this thread up again...

:ices_rofl

th, nice avatar. I like it
Yeah shiny, the bastard dentist tricked me into ending the quite noticeable pain of a giant redundant tooth erupting through my gums and making life suck some serious ass, then he sold it to the CIA so now they have my DNA and can find me anywhere with their DNA-tracking spy satellites (which means my tin-foil hats are useless!)!!1 But at least it didn't cost me much because I have good insurance - but now the insurance company knows I have three wisdom teeth left and they're gonna skyrocket my premiums so they can rip me off if I ever have one removed again! Somehow, in some way, I know this can all be traced back to Dick Cheney, Halliburton, the Freemasons, Scientology, GW Bush and the Skull & Bones Society ... but I'd prefer those bastards spying on me to the pain I was experiencing. I sure wouldn't have had the sonofabitch tooth out if it didn't hurt like ****, I can tell ya ...
Had my last wisdom tooth ripped out about 9 years because it had a nice juicy abscess behind it..
I had it done during my lunch break from work, and was literally back at work half an hour afterwards.
Didnt take anything other than a couple of Paracetamol's, and carried on as normal!

Having said that, I'm used to having teeth pulled/broke/knocked out..I only have 10/32 of them left! (and two of those are broken! )
#18 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :The only thing I don't have anymore that I did when I was born is my..... er, well... I have children now, you figure it out.

Peace?
I had all four impacted pulled out and there was no pain. The numbness lasted about two days, and I didn't have full control until about a full week afterwards.
Scrambled eggs is the best thing you can eat when you have your wisdom teeth pulled.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :LOL @ this thread!!!!!!! So the dentists tricked all of you into having your wisdom teeth removed? LOL. Guess what?

They're taking advantage of you. Think about it. People these days just don't have the dental problems that people had say 40 years ago. With all the advancements in toothpaste, toothbrushes, and regular cleanings, people's teeth are in far better condition than they used to be decades ago. Bottom line? The dentists can't make money anymore like they used to, back when everybody had major problems with their teeth. Cleanings are NOT expensive and dentists do NOT make much money off of them.

So guess what they come up with to fill in the void? "Hey, we can make some money by removing people's wisdom teeth!!" It is a good plan indeed, as almost everybody falls for it. I just turned 21 and I have not, and do NOT plan on removing my wisdom teeth. Why remove them? The dentist muttered something like "they will push my teeth together or outwards or something", but that is a bunch of BS to get me to do it. If it really WAS a serious problem he would make sure to let me know. But if he tells me "it would be good" to remove my wisdom teeth then I know there is nothing actually wrong with their presence in my mouth.

Use your brain when making this decision, don't just take the "trusty" dentist's word for it, because they are business people too, and they want to make money off you just as much as the next guy. And here is the icing on the cake: ask your parents if they had their wisdom teeth pulled when they were young. My parents did not have them taken out, and they still have them in to this day with absolutely no problems, and so does mostly everybody in their generation. Do not waste your money on USELESS operations. As much as I support dentists, I do not like being ripped off.

You're icing is similar to that of mud being placed on a pile of B.S. (you're "cake"). BOTH of my parents had their wisdom teeth removed and after wearing braces for years, my teeth are finally straightened out. If i didn't get them removed, they WOULD have pushed my teeth together again and caused them to bunch together.
I don't even have wisdom teeth
If your wisdom teeth are causing trouble or if they will cause trouble then I don't see why people shouldn't have them out. People who have them out for no reason doesn't make sense to me, mine have come through and yeah sore gums for a time while they were coming through but now no problems.

I can succesfully say that after my youth I still have everything I was born with. Some things I came close to loosing and one thing is now wonky (my finger before anyone says anything:razz but it is still attached and working
I'm 28 and they haven't come through for me yet. I'm told theres a good chance they may never develop at all which is A Good Thing.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :....Alot of waffle....

Give me a break. What is good for you isn't always good for the rest of us. Humans are a not a product of a factory, each person is uniquely different, and so it goes with wisdom teeth. And by the way, both my parents have their wisdom teeth, and never had any pain, so throw that idea out of the window.

I got rid of mine after living with with absolute pain for five months, because 3 were coming in at an angle that was pushing against my teeth, and one was impacted. Oh, and the one that already came through had a cavity.

Dont be a fool, please reconsider what you post on this subject.
I suppose my post was a little harsh, because some people do have problems with their wisdom teeth. I had some tiny pain here and there, but it was only temporary, while they were coming out. But many people don't have problems, and that's who I was aiming at. If there's nothing wrong with them then there is no reason to take them out.

Wisdom Teeth
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG