The online racing simulator
LFS got it wrong?
(12 posts, started )
LFS got it wrong?
I was racing on oval with GTR cars and i had a really tight race.
When i got to finnish line i was still in lead but guy next to me somehow maneged to win

I saved replay and it is clearly visible i am one who should win (i am CRObcm) , since he was the one who was getting speed and catching me.

In replay i noticed that lap time was shown before we drove true drawn finnish line on the track .. is that actual finnish line or .. there is one more curved few meters in front of one visible on track .. and if it is can somebody draw it?
Attached images
lfswrong.JPG
It's just lag or something. Scawen explained somewhere why this happens and why it is working correctly. Search it for yourself, I can't be bothered.
Yeah, its been mentioned on here before, with the oval racers. The top 3 result was different to the order they finished in..

So its definately known about.
his comp was probably just lagging so it looked like he was behind you when was accually in front
No, it's more like blaccarmafia was lagging, if you can't be bothered seaching or can't find it, basicly (If i remembered correctly) if both drivers cross the line at the exact same time (Or pretty much so like the pic) then if the guys pc sends the packet saying he's finished before the actual leader because of lag or whatever, he will be announced the winner.

So basicly when it's this tight, it's decided by how reliable your connection is, or how good your ping is to the server.
I dont know much about the innards of LFS' network code, but it does strike me that for security reasons the server would calculate the finishing order, based on the mommentum information of each car - whilst the server does not do any physics calculations it most likely uses the mommentum data (heading, facing, speed) to reposition cars between packets. It's just the car on one screen shown behind because of the innacuracies of internet play. On the other screen the cars may have been the other way around.
Quote from blackcarmafia :.. is that actual finnish line or ..

OT/ I can't help myself, its finish with one 'n'. Finnish with two 'n' means our country. Sorry, I just HAD to. /OT
I have an interesting thought on this:

I noticed that when you cross the finish line, your not actually finish till the BACKEND of the car is over the end of the wide finish line - in those cases where it's that type of line ( a broad line ( checkered ) ) ?
You can on last lap park your car with all of the car crossed the line except a tiny bit of the backend - then slowly drive forward and suddenly you FINISH and time and possition appear.
Quote from pine-fin :OT/ I can't help myself, its finish with one 'n'. Finnish with two 'n' means our country. Sorry, I just HAD to. /OT

Finland is the country, Finnish is the language. I had to, sorry.
You got the same lap time. In that case it's just a matter of luck who LFS decides is the winner. If the timing was in thousandths then the result probably would have been different.
I think with the same finish time; the one with the fastest lap wins the race.
I dont think the mission of these recent patches have anything to do with ai, its so patch X final can be as bug free as possable IIRC patch Y will be the AI patch

I think theres already a place to add suggestions thats the suggestions sub forum

SD.

LFS got it wrong?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG