The online racing simulator
G25 problems
(14 posts, started )
G25 problems
I have had my G25 for aroundsix months now, and the shifter is starting to do strange things. If i shift into 2nd gear, and let go of the shifter then accelerate, and take my foot off the gas, it usually drops into 4th gear in lfs. When i pull the shifter up a tiny bit, still in the second gear, it will go to fourth. Its like the shifter cant stay into 2nd gear. Anyone else having these problems? Think i should get an RMA? Can i take it apart and fix it? I hate having to pull the shifter back all the way in 2nd when driving.
though I dont have a G25, its quite simple. Put in a complaint to Logitech about the problem. Detail where you bought it and what the issues are. Ask them what they suggest as a remedy to fixing it.

I know from experience of dealing with things such as peripherals like headsets, this is the best way of doing things. If you try to fix anything firtst, you might cause issues for any guarantee....
-
g25 (kevman86) DELETED by kevman86
Hey. I have a G25 for about the same time, maybe a bit more (8 months tops) and i have the exact same problem... Have you solved it already? I'm gonna mail Logitech and hope to get some reply from them asap...

Cheers.
#4 - Mauni
My shifter has begun doing same after 5 months of use. I recalibrate shifter by going through every gear several times and problem solved for a while
I would RMA it but it works most of the time and i don't want to be without wheel. Problem probably gets worse when time goes on and I have to return wheel to Logitech
GoldenStrike, please let us know when you get answer from logitech.
Will do. I tried to phone them, but it's weekend they are closed. Sorry my noob question, but what does RMA stands for? I'll try to sort this out this week... I don't like the idea of being without a wheel, but i have to solve this problem before its too late. Plus, i can see it's a common flaw, so logitech must be aware of that and take responsabilities. Thanks for the support mates.

Oh and i still love G25 :P
concider yerselvs lucky i had mine for 8 minuets and it broke but i sent it back and a new one is on its way
Just sent a mail to the Portuguese Logitech, i'm expecting an answer asap. Told him that this is a concurrent problem, and not a single case... I'll let you all know the answer as soon as i have it.

Cheers.
Well i haven't got an answer from Logitech, i'm really disapointed with that. I'm gonna return the G25 tonight, and wait for another one. I'm gonna be at least one month waiting, i know that already... The store where i bought it has no other G25 in stock, country-wide.

Guess all i can do now is wait.

Thanks for the support, cheers *
Logitech replied to me, they said they don't do repairs, so a new wheel must be delivered to me. Already spoke with the salesman of the store i bought it, it should arrive next friday. I'll pack mine and do a direct trade with the new one then

Thanks logitech on the brand new G25, and thanks people for the support

Hope i don't have the same problem in 5, 6 months from friday.
Wow, the _exact_ same thing is happening to me - slips out of 2nd gear, tries to go to forth. I think it is because LFS auto clutches in 2nd with the rev limiter on so that' when it'll try & change gears. In other words, the contact between 2nd and 4th is slippery.

Not sure where I put my receipt --- argh.
i had that problem as well but when i had a look inside i realised that the connections on the pots that selects the gears was bad. so i did a quick soldering job and now its perfect again.
G25 Gear Changing Problems
Hi guys, i've got exactly the same problem although im playing Test Drive Unlimited most of the time it does it in LFS too!

So annoying my 3rd G25. dont want it to be the 4th..
Working for PC World now so hopfully i can get the gearshifter either fixed or get logitech to send me that part ( gearbox )

I'm going to make a call to them on monday will let u guys know how i get on.

Has anyone managed to find out anything on how to fix them yet??
Mine done this a few days ago. I have rang logitech yesterday, they are picking up mine within a week, and i should expect a newone on my doorstep a week or so after they pick it up.

[rant] I have already had this replaced after the reverse went on my shifter, got that replaced and i received the revised version where they claimed to have improved the shifter and get rid of reverse, but now, none of my bottom gears work! Everytime i put the stick into 2nd,3rd or 6th, the game i am playing at the time thinks i am putting it into the top gear . I know why it breaks, because of the dodgy soldering. And logitech themselves have received complaints from me and other people about the dodgy soldering, so why the hell dont they replace the people who solders the wires onto the shifter or use some better solder? Its starting to piss me off, and to top it all off, i have a 2 year warranty but after 6 months of that, i have to pay the postage for the wheel, so this time, i have had to pay almost £40 in postage! What aload of bull! [/rant]

@ djhertz, the way to fix it is take it apart and re-solder the wires back onto the board properly. This will most likely void your warranty though so its your choice.
Same here, the only thing is that it didn't work even then when bought it fu**ing rip-off, i hope my wheel has a warranty.

Anyone know how to fix it?

G25 problems
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG