The online racing simulator
Requirements to join server?
(7 posts, started )
I was chatting away with the Redline Racing members on their server this evening. They had to kick a few members, *their servers their rules* due to their slow pace, disobeying the blue flag, and causing T1 incidents.

A thought came to me, what about an option for the server for members to join a server within requirements?

For example:

CD Conedodgers server is popular due to the Aston National FXR/XRR/FZR combo, and has a league going.

They could set drivers eligible to drive on their server if they have done more than 5,000 miles on their username.

There are a few flaws with this, but its just a small suggestion.

What do you guys think?
#2 - wark
Might as well call it "oval junkies only"
Nah. If you don't want random people joining the server just use a password.

This has been discussed before and the mileage or laps or PBs have little or no relation how good racers people are.
Quote from geeman1 :Nah. If you don't want random people joining the server just use a password.

This has been discussed before and the mileage or laps or PBs have little or no relation how good racers people are.

Yeah you have a good point there. Oh well, couldn't hurt to ask.
Whitelists + insim could do this, if we had whitelists. Whitelist is a list of people who are allowed to enter the server, all other are "banned". As new player connects, the insim could check his stats from lfsworld and compare them to the requirements. If the person's stats meet the requiremements he gets to stay and is put on whitelist. If his stats do not meet the requirements; he is kicked out and not put on the whitelist or gets banned.

Of course it would be possible to do this without whitelists but banning everyone with low stats...
Or...if you don't have gazillion points, you can't race!

Oh wait...that's done already.
A whitelist would be a good idea for leagues and stuff, but for everything else, not.

I hope to god Scawen finds away around stupid points servers and so-on without removing InSim ...

On milage, it would be for oval junkies and on PBs it still wouldn't prevent the wreckers.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG