The online racing simulator
The Onion takes aim at NASCAR
(7 posts, started )
The sad part about it is, this is the feeling of the true NASCAR racing series fans. The ones that have been around before the Dale Junior and Jimmy Johnson Goldenboy days. The ones that remember what a race without 100 laps of cautions because Jimmy might go a lap down to the leader were. The ones that were there when Dale Junior was just sitting in Daddy's pit with Theresa picking his nose. This is exactly what the true fans would love to see (not the Jr. picking his nose bit). It's called old-school and old-school is what NASCAR should have stayed with.

Real NASCAR fans don't run around with Dale Jr. shirts, Dale Jr. pants, Dale Jr. hats, and Dale Jr. jackets. Those are the marketed fans and the marketed fans and the marketing are what ruined NASCAR the racing series. Real NASCAR fans want to see big heavy and square American iron ripping around the oval still in stock form. Not this "doesn't even look like any stock vehicle you could buy" cars.

Me? I haven't watched a race yet this year and hardly watched any last year, and I was a really big NASCAR fan. If The Onion was a true periodical and was reporting true news here, you would have many very happy NASCAR fans, including me.
100% agreed, I gave up watching after Nextel took over, apart from the occasional race highlights ... but it was best when they had to build the cars using production car bodies. It used to be unpolished, tough, fast racing, which was fantastic.
and what ever happened to developing new technology for teh street cars in the race cars?

I would suport 100% JGTC like body rules (must match factory sillouette with exception for wings and scoops. And how about engines that actually include technology?
On the engine bit; a NASCAR rep said that they stuck with carbuerated engines because it is too easy to cheat and use traction control and the like on fuel injected engines. Knowing how much NASCAR teams cheat, I think that was a smart move, honestly.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :I would suport 100% JGTC like body rules (must match factory sillouette with exception for wings and scoops. And how about engines that actually include technology?

how about proper rules like must use the same body as the production car ?
#7 - nihil
""Our primary concern with the Car of Yesterday was safety," said NASCAR competition director Robin Pemberton. "The fans hate that shit. We had to keep that in mind when we went back to the drawing board, so we took away anything that increased grip, improved handling, or prevented a stock car from experiencing a sudden and total loss of control. NASCAR isn't about the cars, it's about the drivers. And the Car of Yesterday keeps the driver involved with the vehicle, whether he's just driving it or, ideally, crashing it."

:ices_rofl

Perhaps this should also be posted in the F1 TC thread....

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG