The online racing simulator
Fxr
(4 posts, started )
Fxr
My computer's harddrive fried this morning, and now I have to start every setup from scratch. I was doing amazing with my favorite cars, BF1 and FXR and FZR. I was wondering if you guys could help me with producing a good FXR set, and/or if you could give me something to start from.

I need an all around set. Drift set's I know how to make. I need a set I can use on City Long, and FE Black. Something that will last, give me some slide, yet grip in the corners without bogging down due to transmission (lsd).

I'm not good with tires and suspension tuning, transmission ratios I can do fine. I just need some help. Anything appreciated. Thanks for the help!

-Brendan
I don't have my FXR setup with me at the moment, but here is the setup I use, which is a typical "fast" FXR setup.

Brakes:
power: 1600
distrib: 70

Suspension:
F ride height: 70
R right height: 70
F springs: 120
R springs: 110
F dampers (comp/reb): 12/9
R dampers (comp/reb): 10/8
F rollbar: 40
R rollbar: 120

Steering:
Parallel steer: 0
Caster: 6
F toe: 0
R toe: 0

Final Drive:
F/R differential: locked/locked
Center diff: viscous
Center diff lock amount: 20 (can't remember, whatever max is)
F/R torque split: 45

Gear ratios:
1st: 4.5
2nd: 2.0
3rd: 1.5
4th: 1.2
5th: 1.0
6th: 0.9
final drive ratio: 3.8

Tires:
F pressure: 26 psi
R pressure: 22 psi
F camber: 3.0 deg (for hotlaps), 2.0 (for races)
R camber 3.0 deg (for hotlaps), 2.0 (for races)

Downforce:
F/R: 8/1 (fast track), 11/2 (moderate), 14/3 (fast but twisty), 15/4 (very twisty)

I think that covers most of the variables.

The basic mantra of the FXR is to use very tight front and rear diffs, which with the AWD, generates massive understeer. Then to counter this, use low-front/high-rear antiroll for low speeds and high-front/low-rear wings for high speeds to generate oversteer to neutralize the chassis. This in turn makes the tail very twichy at high speeds, which is countered by the relatively high forward torque split to pull the tail back in.
You've never heard of attaching sets to the forum then? Or did you really get all that from memory?
lol he ofcourse got it from memory!

and yes, good tranny setup. i used to use that. i'm new at suspension tuning though. thanks!

Fxr
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG