The online racing simulator
Question for people with the DFP
Alright, so im using the Logitec Driving Force Pro wheel. You know, the one for Gran turismo 4.

Anyways, for GT4, Enthusia, and even gay games like Need for Speed, and etc., it lets you use the 900 degree rotation.

So i realized, it connects to the PS2 through USB, so i decide to try it on LFS. Ive been using it for a week, but never decided to ask untill now. Whenever i play on LFS, it only gives me 180 degree rotation (90 degrees both ways.).

Is there a way i can change it to 900? or is it set like this for all 900 degree wheels, on LFS?
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Alright, so im using the Logitec Driving Force Pro wheel. You know, the one for Gran turismo 4.

Anyways, for GT4, Enthusia, and even gay games like Need for Speed, and etc., it lets you use the 900 degree rotation.

So i realized, it connects to the PS2 through USB, so i decide to try it on LFS. Ive been using it for a week, but never decided to ask untill now. Whenever i play on LFS, it only gives me 180 degree rotation (90 degrees both ways.).

Is there a way i can change it to 900? or is it set like this for all 900 degree wheels, on LFS?

Go ahead to download the profiler
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... p=2178816&postcount=1

Read this thread, and u're all set
Press - select + R3 + Right button behind wheel - (option gear change button)

This will illuminate both lights at top of wheel and give you full 900 degree - to change back to 180 - press the same buttons.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :Im too tired to do any of that, so ill wait till tommarow.

That also brings up another question, though:
What is the "Steering Lock", and whats the difference between "In game" and "profile"?

Steering Lock is the angle that your wheel can turn. If you can only turn 180, that means your steering lock for your DFP is 180. For me, I set it to 540 for all cars, and it runs pretty well for me.

In game means that the steering lock inside the LFS, you can set it different for different cars. Profile means the steering lock setup globally for the entire game.
Quote from Widdowmaker :Press - select + R3 + Right button behind wheel - (option gear change button)

This will illuminate both lights at top of wheel and give you full 900 degree - to change back to 180 - press the same buttons.

I gotta try that

And i kinda get the steering lock thing now, but its still a little blurry.
You can change the rotation for the wheel in controller settings in windows, (also change pedal setup from combined to seperate axis)

You will also have to set it up in game
Attached images
help.jpg
The steering lock is simple.
180 = 90 each way from the centre.
360 = 180 each way
720 = 360 each way

As for the 180, it is suppoed to be 200 lol but it is more like 180.
Quote from FOGlegsy :You can change the rotation for the wheel in controller settings in windows, (also change pedal setup from combined to seperate axis)

You will also have to set it up in game

I have to have my pedals combined, because when i have them to separate, When i hit the gas, The green accelerator bar is up. When i let off the gas, the green accelerator bar is halfway up, and when i hit the brakes, the green accelrator bar is BARLEY visable.

I wish i coudl be able to have them ACTUALY sperate, so if i wanted to i could hit the gas and the brake at the same time, but for now im using "combined" which has it, so when i hit the gas, the gas goes up, when i hit the brakes, the brakes go off, and when i dont touch anything, the bars are gone.

Anyone else have that happen with the DFP?
That does seem strange, you do really want your pedals seperate, otherwise u cant left foot brake properly.

i used to have a DFP and it worked fine, i now have a G25
You need to set them as separated in the the dirvers and ingame too. Then you need to recalibrate them too.
You need to download the drivers from www.wingmanteam.com

After you get those, all your problems should be solved. There are a huge number of racers in LFS that use the Driving Force Pro with no problems whatsoever, including myself.

After you've installed the drivers, you will be able to set the maximum rotation of your wheel down to the degree, you will be able to use separate pedals and have them work perfectly, and there are more adjustments to the force feedback.

I own a Driving Force Pro, and I don't even have a PS2, I bought it specifically for my computer, because it works just perfect on the PC
Quote from 96 GTS :You need to download the drivers from www.wingmanteam.com

After you get those, all your problems should be solved. There are a huge number of racers in LFS that use the Driving Force Pro with no problems whatsoever, including myself.

After you've installed the drivers, you will be able to set the maximum rotation of your wheel down to the degree, you will be able to use separate pedals and have them work perfectly, and there are more adjustments to the force feedback.

I own a Driving Force Pro, and I don't even have a PS2, I bought it specifically for my computer, because it works just perfect on the PC

Works just as well on the PS2 \

Basicly, if the G25 is too expensive, the DFP is the next best thing.

One day, however, i will own the G25. Main reasoning being the clutch, and the 6 speed gear box.
Quote from keithano :Go ahead to download the profiler
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... p=2178816&postcount=1

Read this thread, and u're all set

the link doesnt work

Quote : You need to download the drivers from www.wingmanteam.com

that link doesnt work either
Just download the latest logitech wheel software from their website. It's not actually specific to any given wheel.

Those sites link to an old version, and logitech deletes the old versions from their server whenever they release a new one.

This is the latest version.
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :the link doesnt work

Worked for me.

Quote :that link doesnt work either

Yea, that didn't work for me either for some reason. It is the correct link as I've been there many times. Maybe try again tomorrow (later today?)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG