The online racing simulator
Sorry for single mass disconnect today (on some hosts)
If a load of racers got kicked from your host just before 4 pm UK time... I'm sorry about that.

I implemented the cheat protection for the new versions and had a digit wrong which caused many racers to be kicked with a "CPW" message. I fixed the error before all online racers were kicked, but around 200 people were kicked!
#2 - SamH
::chuckles:: Go Scawen!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#3 - SamH
Yeah, okay okay LOL!

It's alright for you.. you do websites. Gaming is different.. a split second of network downtime results in 100+ people screaming in your shell-like!
SAMUEL!!!!!!

We scream like that, at all hours of the day on Teamspeak, to get sam to upload something to the right server
#5 - herki
So ... does that mean Scawen is human after all
(I won't believe that though )
Quote from Scawen :had a digit wrong which caused many racers to be kicked

Not to worry, my wife said a had a digit wrong on her "shoes & handbag allowance" and i got kicked for that, so thats twice in one day
#7 - J.B.
So that was the reason for the great disturbance in the force that I felt. As if hundreds of racers all cried out at once.
dont suppose you dont this again today did you Scawen? (twice?) just got disconned and cannot connect to master server for approx 2 - 3 mins. twice today. trying to work out what it is.
#10 - SamH
I just spoke to Telewest, and they say there are network problems, but not limited to the Telewest network. What you can see on the Master Server image is wider problems, as people are disconnected elsewhere in the network.

The vMax server is hosted on our box, and Dave (Cd) is sitting on the wire, watching the network performance. It's nothing that we can do at our end, and it seems to be a more widespread problem.. out of our control.

Sod's law, though.. the first major outing for the new vMax server and there are issues outside our control Sorry guys
Scawen = n00b

And Sam, don't worry about it mate - these things happen
#12 - axus
No worries, Sam - this is completely out of your control. Thanks for the information.
It's a shame, though, I had the lynch mob ready
yeah i assumed it wasnt any local server related problems. If it is telewest then it must be down to peering as it doesnt seem to affect "everywhere" on the net.. eg during my disconnects and unable to connect to master server. i was sitting in comfort on Teamspeak no problems along with 2 other people (1 out of UK) who had same problem.
Yes all I can say is I see glitches in the graph so there were definitely some connection issues between the master and some hosts.

But no I have not made that mistake again - I did not touch the master. If I had kicked you by making a CPW error, you would have been kicked with a clear message in red saying "CPW". I've only made that mistake twice in the past (once because I didn't know about the problem and recently just by mistake even though I should have spotted it before causing the problem).
#16 - SamH
Quote from JamesF1 :It's a shame, though, I had the lynch mob ready

:jawdrop: /me runs away

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG