The online racing simulator
Automatic Language Translation
I know this is probably not in the list of things to do, but it would be so great if lets say I was in a race with a bunch of people speaking German, me being English, if the program could translate a list of languages into english.....like I said I don't even think that it's possible but I wish it was.
Not possible. A computer cannot translate languages in a easy way. Words are in different orders in different languages. Some languages like finnish have different postfixes in words. Also what if someone makes a typo?
Basically a perfect, not even good, automatic translator has not been invented yet and if it would it woul be just waste of computational power to use it in a game.
Learn German
It's the same as I have to do
MUST... BE... NICE.... ON... FORUM.... BECAUSE... MOST... S2... PEOPLE... ARE... GERMAN...
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Learn German
It's the same as I have to do
MUST... BE... NICE.... ON... FORUM.... BECAUSE... MOST... S2... PEOPLE... ARE... GERMAN...

I speak some German but not enough to understand people talking on TS and i can understand some on text chat.

Maybe the LFS community could make a sim racing phrasebook lol.

As for automated translation, once I translated an Italian recipe and it came out with bullshit.
Quote from geeman1 :Not possible. A computer cannot translate languages in a easy way. Words are in different orders in different languages. ...

I wouldn't say it's not possible.
It's more like no one made a public program that do it perfectly atm.

btw
IBM announced a few days ago that the are investing $100 million in 10 new businesses one of it is:
· Real-time Translation Services: Offering advanced, real-time translation capabilities across major languages as a service for high-potential applications, industries and environments, such as healthcare, government and travel and transportation.

Yeah why people doesnt speak Spanish xD well when other people speak another languagge i just stay there trying to learn something and if is german i say "bümsen" or "tchuess" when i gotta go xD, hardly to know
yoyo
Yeah thats why I wish, I don't think it would be possible but wasn't sure. And well what can I say I studied German and Spanish in school for many years, but unfortunately did not learn that great a deal of either
If all will learn Italian you will no more have that problem...
Quote from Blas89 :Yeah why people doesnt speak Spanish xD well when other people speak another languagge i just stay there trying to learn something and if is german i say "bümsen" or "tchuess" when i gotta go xD, hardly to know

yo hablo espanol ;P
pero no muy bien y escribier es mas dificil

it's very practical if you can understand many languages, and if you learned latin at school you know even more ;D

Quote from duke_toaster :I speak some German but not enough to understand people talking on TS and i can understand some on text chat.

Maybe the LFS community could make a sim racing phrasebook lol.

As for automated translation, once I translated an Italian recipe and it came out with bullshit.

Ok let's start with a common phrase:
"Beweg deinen Arsch von der Strecke" -> "Move your ass out of the way"
Quote from GeForz :yo hablo espanol ;P
pero no muy bien y escribier es mas dificil

it's very practical if you can understand many languages, and if you learned latin at school you know even more ;D

Ok let's start with a common phrase:
"Beweg deinen Arsch von der Strecke" -> "Move your ass out of the way"

Coooool you speak a little spanish ¿Cómo te va amigo?, pues no es tan dificil, bueno si eres de otro país si

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG