The online racing simulator
Server Choice
(6 posts, started )
Server Choice
Hey everyone,

Just reading through the Beginners Forum, so thought I'd pose a question.

At the moment I'm concentrating on Hot Laps, and using the XFG on the Blackwood track I've managed a pathetic 1:45.560 using the keyboard. I've only done about a dozen laps, so plenty of time for improvement.

Hopefully I'll be getting a wheel/pedal set soon, but I digress.

So, my question is:

Is there a select few servers that beginners can go on to hone our skills? The last thing I want is to be getting irrate messages because I've accidentally taken them out on the first corner

Or is it a case of, pick a server and learn?

Cheers
Quote from JesterV6 :Hey everyone,

Just reading through the Beginners Forum, so thought I'd pose a question.

At the moment I'm concentrating on Hot Laps, and using the XFG on the Blackwood track I've managed a pathetic 1:45.560 using the keyboard. I've only done about a dozen laps, so plenty of time for improvement.

Hopefully I'll be getting a wheel/pedal set soon, but I digress.

So, my question is:

Is there a select few servers that beginners can go on to hone our skills? The last thing I want is to be getting irrate messages because I've accidentally taken them out on the first corner

Or is it a case of, pick a server and learn?

Cheers

So long as you don't get in anyone's way when being blue flagged or crash into anyone no-one should have any complaints. You could even announce that you are a newbie before you race so people know to give you extra space.

Just keep using the mini map to see where the other cars are and always pull out of the pits into space - not in front of someone who is at least a lap up on you.

There's lots of advice and discussions about on-line etiquette and if you follow the advice you'll be fine.

Have fun mate.

As for newbie servers I don't think there are any. But join an empty server and you'll soon be joined by one or two others. Racing in small fields is far less hectic than when there is 20 of you on Aston Cadet!
if i go in a server with a combo i donw know, i always say i dont know the track, and just wait a few seconds at the start line when they start (assuming your last, if not, enter pits and wait till the green light).
Thanks guys.

That would be my idea, state that I'm new and still learning, then hang back for a second or 2 until they have got to T1, then head off.
Over @ Storm-Racing ([SR]::Game-Serve we are trying to create some training type servers, we will give out setups which may not be the quickest, but are stable. We are also in the process of creating help points, different coloured cones for braking points, turn in points. We hope this will be used, we have created one for Blackwood and have had some good feedback from new racers about it, but try it for yourself!

The other option is to do as suggested, make it known you are new to the combo, and take it easy, maybe even watch a few laps on the server of the leaders going round.....
Quote from JesterV6 :Thanks guys.

That would be my idea, state that I'm new and still learning, then hang back for a second or 2 until they have got to T1, then head off.

And if you do nothing wrong and someone votes to kick/ban you anyway don't worry about it. That kinda stuff happens cos some people just vote without knowing what happened.

There are a lot of muppets out there who complain about anything. Just ignore them and don't let it get to you. Remember there are hundreds of servers so it's not the end of the world if you should happen to get banned for no reason.

Server Choice
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG