The online racing simulator
AI stalls engine while pitstop
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Pasci
I tested my InSim program while 32 AIs drove around. The AI has to pit once in 10 laps. I've tried this several times today. Later I almost realized that some vehicles were a few laps behind, which I then took a closer look at. Then I noticed the AI with the stalled engine.

Perhaps it's something to fix/should not happen I think? And yes, LFS is an online simulator I know.

The SPR is - compressed - around 8.4 MB (and 28 MB uncompressed). You need to fast forward to the 10th minute. This is just before the AI drives into the pit lane. Switch before to car "AI 9".

Other question: Why the heck is the AI jerking left/right all the time?! Smile (not only the one that stall the engine)
Attached files
32-ai-race.7z - 8.2 MB - 109 views
probably somrthing to do with the engine of the mod you're using.
can't figure which that one is, since SPR mod replays don't work properly
#3 - Pasci
The used car is the "CZR Luxury Sedan".

Hm, is this the usual behavior on a replay when using mods or is it one of a know issue?
Quote from Pasci :The used car is the "CZR Luxury Sedan".

Hm, is this the usual behavior on a replay when using mods or is it one of a know issue?

The issue is that the game doesn't download the mod automatically upon launching the replay, which then won't play. I think multiplayer replays don't have the same problem.

Downloading the mod manually (from the garage) is a workaround for this.
Quote from Pasci :Then I noticed the AI with the stalled engine.

Perhaps it's something to fix/should not happen I think? And yes, LFS is an online simulator I know.

This is a common problem with cars that have turbocharged inline engine. They're most likely to do this when they're pushing the gas pedal during a pit stop.

Easiest, but not surefire, way to reproduce this bug is to use XR GTR and do this:
1) Make sure it's pit stop is going to last more than 10 seconds (you can change AI's pit instructions in F12-window to make this happen)

2) Before last sector of a lap begins, issue a Stop-and-Go penalty for it (by command /p_sg [AI DRIVER NAME]

3) When AI driver is driving the final sector of the lap, before it enters the pit lane area, remove that penalty by command /p_clear [AI DRIVER NAME]

4) When AI driver is making a pit stop, after 10 seconds it starts pressing a gas pedal, because it wants to leave that pit stop, thinking it has completed it's "Stop-and-Go" penalty Big grin

5) I think this is more related to setup, but especially with XR GTR, there is a decent chance it will stall it engine after that stop is completed.

Quote :
Other question: Why the heck is the AI jerking left/right all the time?! Smile (not only the one that stall the engine)

I'm not sure why this happens, but if you refer to the situation in the pit lane, a partial reason for this is due to an update presented in 0.6K, which resulted AI drivers being too scared in the pit lane:

Quote :Now avoid ramming other cars when in the pit lane or lap of honour

Before that update, AI drivers were brave enough to even ram each other in the pit lane (this resulted AI drivers ramming behind other drivers in the pit lane), but because of this update, if they're too near each other in the pit lane, they're too scared to move forward.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG