The online racing simulator

Poll : Did Lewis Hamilton deserve this title? (i do) :P

Closed since :
Yep!
No!
Dont know
almost
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Check the live timing, the last lap still can be seen there. Trulli was also on dry tyres, and was much faster than Glock... So forget this dry tyres tale.

^ How about we stop speculating until we know the truth? (Well we do, as in a previous article Glock explained why he was so slow).
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Check the live timing, the last lap still can be seen there. Trulli was also on dry tyres, and was much faster than Glock... So forget this dry tyres tale.

Yeah, right. Glock was actually faster on the last lap than Trulli.
We know truth? Oh wait. Didn't Hamilton get pnwed by Vettel and Kubica (who wasn't be able to catch anyone from the end of grid today!) And THAT slow Hamilton somehow passed Timo, who had 18 seconds advantage. I'll believe that, after joing "Moon is made from cheese club".
Can someone tell me who this guy is in my attachment please?

I've developed quite a hatred for the guy since seeing him w00p for joy after Massa spun Hamilton out in Japan...
Attached images
ferrari.jpg
Most exciting finish to a race i have seen since suzuka 2006! Not to mention a championship!

I do feel sorry for Massa's family but still think that lewis deserved it more...

This crap about glock slowing down is a load of bollocks. Have a look at trulli's laptime (the only other man still on slicks) and you can see that they are almost the same.

Well Done Hamilton! and roll on 2009!!!

Yeah, they both lapped 1.44s - 1.44.731 for Glock and 1.44.800 for Truli. Please, please, please shut the hell up now.
Quote from GFresh :Can someone tell me who this guy is in my attachment please?

I've developed quite a hatred for the guy since seeing him w00p for joy after Massa spun Hamilton out in Japan...

Haha,... that's the best thing 'bout the whole clip.
I love it. It's awesome. Just can't stop watching it.

Especially after reading threw all these cockeyed
postings trying to prove that Glock-was-paid BS.
Makes me laugh even louder.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Poor fair Ferrari. Poor brazillian
multimillionaire. Spare me.

It couldn't have been any better. Perfect finish!
Quote from The Moose :Stop the bloody conspiracy theory's. Nothing controversial happened in that race at all.

The haters are just grasping at straws now. Lewis won it fair and square.

funny how conspiracy theories are fair game whenever ferrari is the evil empire

even more funny to see sam pride f1 fans for their fairness and then watch tons of his fellow brits being really bad winners
Quote from GFresh :Can someone tell me who this guy is in my attachment please?

He is Canadian and has been a long time PR guy or something for Ferrari.

Total Massa fanboy lie right there ladies and gentlemen.

Trulli was also much faster than glock on the last lap on the tyres, yep! Even the live timing proves it.
Bloody hell, I was so thrilled. I mean, I wouldn't have picked Massa if I had a choice, but for some reason I can't support Hamilton and just chose to cheer for whatever competition he might have. I really wanted to kill Glock right there on the spot. I mean, even with bloody dry tires, how can you be so slow? It wasn't yet huge rain, and the track seemed still mostly dry to me (or at least not totally wet). And he did what... 20, 30 seconds worse than Hamilton and Vettel on that lap? Come on
Man I screamed like a mad man, more than last year, it was daaaaamn exiting!, I was like Massa's dad cheering up and jumping "yes yes yes!!" and then the commentators said "And Lewis is the WDC!!" and I was like "WTF????????? How!! Who was the twat!? "

Poor Massa, the day was like if someone builded it perfect for a championship lose... Damn sky...
Quote from Shotglass :funny how conspiracy theories are fair game whenever ferrari is the evil empire

even more funny to see sam pride f1 fans for their fairness and then watch tons of his fellow brits being really bad winners

I havnt seen anything odd though, the only argument i've heard suggesting anything odd with Glock's performance was that his last lap was slower than Trulli's, then I see the live timing shows Glock is 0.8s faster than Trulli. Glock did have a slower last sector, but that's not suprising as he was getting swamped by a load of cars going past him on wet tyres which undoubtedly cost him a little time - but he was still faster than Trulli over the lap in spite of this.

This particular conspiracy theory isn't really down to an opinion or judgement call is it - it's a fairly black and white issue - and the thing is I just havnt seen any evidence. If you want to find some, please show it ?
Quote from boosterfire :Bloody hell, I was so thrilled. I mean, I wouldn't have picked Massa if I had a choice, but for some reason I can't support Hamilton and just chose to cheer for whatever competition he might have. I really wanted to kill Glock right there on the spot. I mean, even with bloody dry tires, how can you be so slow? It wasn't yet huge rain, and the track seemed still mostly dry to me (or at least not totally wet). And he did what... 20, 30 seconds worse than Hamilton and Vettel on that lap? Come on

Youre blinded, mate.

Glock's dry tyres were DEAD and the rain was coming down harder and harder. Lewis went past him like he was stood still AS DID THE WILLIAMS UNLAPPING ITSELF STRAIGHT AFTER LEWIS. That Toyota had no grip left. You are clutching at straws.

Massa drove a great race, his best of the year, but it made no difference in the end.

Lets just all accept this amazing title decider as it was. It was amazing drama. Up there with the Nadal/Federer final this year at wimbledon. One of the greatest moments in modern sport as far as Im concerned let alone F1.
The Glock witch hunt being carried out by some people is amusing. Deciding to risk dry tyres when there is a high risk of (more) rain is pretty brave and it nearly got Glock a good position and I applaud him for trying to maximise his gains from the race, it just so happens that the risk he took didn't pay off and it gifted Lewis the championship.

Good job Lewis a truely deserved win by the only measure that counts, i.e. having the most points at the end of the season. Tis a shame for Massa especially to think you've won and have it stolen away seconds later but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Quote from Hockquan :The Glock witch hunt being carried out by some people is amusing. Deciding to risk dry tyres when there is a high risk of (more) rain is pretty brave and it nearly got Glock a good position and I applaud him for trying to maximise his gains from the race, it just so happens that the risk he took didn't pay off and it gifted Lewis the championship.

Actually, for Glock personally, it did pay off. IIRC, he was either 8th or outside of the points before the rain and finished in 6th so he did gain at least 2 places by staying out. Same goes for Trulli, I think.
Quote from Hockquan : it just so happens that the risk he took didn't pay off and it gifted Lewis the championship.

It really didnt.

Had glock changed tyres in sequence with the rest of the front runners he would have been behind Lewis well before the final lap.

Glocks gamble almost gifted the title to Massa I think you'll find.
Quote from Becky Rose :the thing is I just havnt seen any evidence

which is about as much as there is for the fia supporting ferrari... in fact what ive always said came true which is that the fia will support whoever isnt quite dominating to make the championship more exciting and it doesnt get any more exciting than todays race (except for the boring in between part while everyone was just waiting for the rain to fall)

and despite all that we still get tons of idiotic posts about how the fia will find a way to grant massa the title but a similarly stupid conspiracy theory gets ridiculed
Quote from tenmantaylor :Had glock changed tyres in sequence with the rest of the front runners he would have been behind Lewis well before the final lap.

Glocks gamble almost gifted the title to Massa I think you'll find.

DING. Seems people are forgetting the only other option available to Glock was to pit for tyres, and be even further behind Hamilton at the finish.

All Glock did was stave off the enivitable 5th place for Lewis until the final corner, giving himself more points and gave the viewing public a cracking finish!

And I noticed on the live timing that, during the final half dozen or so laps while the others had pitted for inters, although Glock's first sector was exactly the same as the others, his final sector was about 3-4 seconds off the others, so he was struggling. Add some more rain on the last lap and 18 seconds could easily have been lost, 5 - 7 - 6 in the sectors (especially in the twisty bits).

On the conspiracy front - people seem to forget that Massa was gifted points in Spa and Fuji, otherwise the championship would've been won by China...
On a different note than all other posts, I feel bad for Coulthard. Not only did he get knocked out in t1 but the small portion of the race that he did survive was utter crap. He fell back about 4-5 spots it seemed before t1. It's a shame because he could've easily been up and charging with the rest of the drivers.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999
amazing race

thy Massa
Quote from Rappa Z :On a different note than all other posts, I feel bad for Coulthard. Not only did he get knocked out in t1 but the small portion of the race that he did survive was utter crap. He fell back about 4-5 spots it seemed before t1. It's a shame because he could've easily been up and charging with the rest of the drivers.

And the doughnuts would've just added to the spectacle!
Give up the Glock witch hunt ffs, Lewis wasnt the only guy that passed him on that last lap . Or did you Fezza fans watch another race to the rest of the planet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVfEs5-p-w

That,s three cars that passed Glock on that one corner, so i guess Torro Rosso , McMerc and Williams all paid ? rubbish!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG