The online racing simulator
Very Experienced Racer Looking For a Team
(74 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :huh? you think this is like racism? that was not my point at all, is like if i play basketball and i recommend some football player because i played a little football.. cmon...

Did you ever recommend a song/band to someone? Are you a musician?

Did you ever recommend a movie to someone? Are you an actor?

-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by pearcy_2k7
Off-topic arguing stops here.

Seriously

Anyway, thanks for the responses I've got in PM's and such, I'm going to try to arrange some try-outs or something now, and/or I'll enter a league to better prove my worth. To those who've sent me private messages: if I haven't replied, it's not because I'm not interested, it's because I forget to reply and/or don't know what to say.
Firstly Nitwon, its a forum, its a place for discussion and that is what was going on here.
Secondly, ooo wow big text.. id better be scared and run away now.
Thirdly, best of luck to you.
-
(Tim_J_23) DELETED by Tim_J_23 : I dont want to give the argument more fuel
I wasn't aware that putting a moderator's name in your avatar actually made you a moderator, and gave the right to start telling people what to do in an obnoxious, off-hand, condescending way.

I'll have to try that one day.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Btw, when I was asking for the shit to stop, it wasnt really the kind of question that warrented an answer.

I think you'll find the word is "rhetorical".

Well at least I can do the condescending stuff.
It doesnt, if you understood Humour and Friendship whatsoever it may make sense to you, but I wont hold out hope based upon your previous post.

I requested something Strobe, I didnt tell anyone what to you. I used the same rights in my posts to express a viewpoint, just like you did in your reply. You dont need to "try that" one day, it seems you've already got it covered.

If I wanted to use the word "rhetorical", then I believe I would have, but thanks for the suggestion, I will keep you in mind for future instances were I, you know, need help deciding what I should type.

Condesending.. nah, I really didnt find any condesending meaning to your post. However, the original post I responded to, yes, I found that to be condesending towards the guy who was expressing his opinion, who in this world of Democracy gets to do without the thought or fear of retribution.

Best Regards Sir.
#56 - MR_B
Quote from Nitwon :Off-topic arguing stops here.

Seriously

Anyway, thanks for the responses I've got in PM's and such, I'm going to try to arrange some try-outs or something now, and/or I'll enter a league to better prove my worth. To those who've sent me private messages: if I haven't replied, it's not because I'm not interested, it's because I forget to reply and/or don't know what to say.

Sorry Nitwon

There's many good leagues out there, some more well known than others, some more strict than others, and some better run than others!
The Stock Cup (TBO league run by myself), Formula Junior (restricted FXO's run by mkinnov8) are on the stricter side of the spectrum, enforcing clean racing rules rigidly.
But you'll never get a wrecker!

Or, ATC's mini-league (in the UF1) is a good league! It's a bit lighter on the rules side of things, but the cars aren't particularly exciting, although the racing is very very close.

Or choose one of the big ones, OWRL, OLFSL, etc. "The choice is yours!"
Your best bet would be to sign up at the OLFSL

They run different combos throughout the season so giving you a good chance to learn all types of cars and tracks. Im not sure, but i think the season might be coming to a close soon, you'll have to have a look. Another neat thing is that, you qualify and then submitted into different pools, so you are always racing against people of your own ability.
Quote from chanoman315 :You're a drifter....and your point is?

do u know anything about drifting dude ? i dont think so.. Drifters have allmost same lines like recers and drifters can race too. and i dont understand the problem. if u are so bad so u cant drift just say it. me and nitwon are good friends and we have race and drift together!
Mjeah, ... IMHO best way to choose a team is, you just race... and you start noticing teams, and you mentioned you race in some leagues, I'd choose a team, I would be racing with in leagues, that is the point. And I recommend to join a team, where you can learn smthing (your slower than most members ;D and have less experience than them..) thats the team to aim for
Oh, and why the applying categories to stuff. People can recommend people, I mean recommending ones personality also counts
Ehh whatever actually ;D
sry for this nonsense post. just wanted to join the going-nowhere discussion :P
Quote from evilgenius :Mjeah, ... IMHO best way to choose a team is, you just race... and you start noticing teams, and you mentioned you race in some leagues, I'd choose a team, I would be racing with in leagues, that is the point. And I recommend to join a team, where you can learn smthing (your slower than most members ;D and have less experience than them..) thats the team to aim for
Oh, and why the applying categories to stuff. People can recommend people, I mean recommending ones personality also counts
Ehh whatever actually ;D
sry for this nonsense post. just wanted to join the going-nowhere discussion :P

That post wasn't nonsense, that post was probably the most constructive one in the whole thread.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :That post wasn't nonsense, that post was probably the most constructive one in the whole thread.

Agreed. evilgenius sounds like he's been there and enjoyed it!
Thankyou both, for such kind words that made me smile
Well, yes, that's how i joined a foreign team, and I'm still enjoying the merits of a good team and good company to race with, it even makes you want to try harder and be faster, to not shame the team
We should rename the thread "Very Ignorant Driver looking for a team"
Did you post that just because you felt like adding something negative to a thread, or is there some reason your post is failing to expand upon ant?
#65 - VoiD
Quote from anttt69 :We should rename the thread "Very Ignorant Driver looking for a team"

indeed...

well i'm so sorry for starting this thread =/

it seemed like a good idea at the time but now it's just attracting negative attention
Nitwon is a great racer believe me. Well, if he's the Nitwon from Nitra/Nitro. I raced him a while ago, long while ago.

To be honest I beated him on BL1 with XRR and he used FZR

Anyway, goodluck. I hope that you can find a team were you fit.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Nitwon is a great racer believe me. Well, if he's the Nitwon from Nitra/Nitro. I raced him a while ago, long while ago.

To be honest I beated him on BL1 with XRR and he used FZR

Anyway, goodluck. I hope that you can find a team were you fit.

NiTRa, it was NiTRa ^_^
What happend to that team anyway?
I can't run a team, I'd do better being a member of one
Quote from mkinnov8 :Did you post that just because you felt like adding something negative to a thread, or is there some reason your post is failing to expand upon ant?

Nope I posted it because its the truth.

Quote from Nitwon :indeed...

well i'm so sorry for starting this thread =/

it seemed like a good idea at the time but now it's just attracting negative attention

Well if you replied to your messages people wouldn't feel like they're being ignored.
Quote from anttt69 :Nope I posted it because its the truth.

Then Please support your claim. If this relates to an issue within Personal Messages, you should note Personal Messages are Personal, which means their discussion or discussion of things within stay Personal between the Sender and Reciever.

You dont need to post statements like that in what is technically a public forum, unless you post supporting statements.

Quote from anttt69 :Well if you replied to your messages people wouldn't feel like they're being ignored.

Not everyone does, but it doesnt mean they are rude or ignoring you. Please keep it in PM's.
Stoney I dont even know where to begin.
First of all, your the one who asked the question.
Secondly I failed to expand on it as it's none of your business.
Thirdly I am kind of guilty of jumping on the band wagon, seems that everyone else was having a dig I thought why not (almost a troll like response) but I did have a reason.

Either way your not a mod so you could always keep your advice to yourself.
Not sure why people delight in telling me im not a mod, I couldnt do the job of the mods, and have no want within me to be one.

However, I am a member of this community, like it or lump it, and I shall post wherever and whatever, you know, just like everyone else does?

I could very well keep my advice to myself, but you could keep your posts to yourself also. So, basically, you aint gonna change anything, why should I?

You can begin wherever the hell you want to ant. I asked a question because you posted something which without any background made no sense other than to be seen as a negative contribution to a thread for the sake of being negative.

Finally, you've got some great ideas all of your own Ant, dont be a sheep like so many others and follow blindly into the fire. You can take that as advice if you wish, but I dont feel within any better or higher place than yourself to be offering advice, im just offering a reply to your post .

Very Experienced Racer Looking For a Team
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG