The online racing simulator
discrimination server name
(75 posts, started )
Quote from flymike91 :wow i've never heard of such anti-patriotic laws. I could cover a skyscraper with an american flag year-round and never need a permit. permit...what kind of bull is that?

whats wrong with that? is it wrong to celebrate your British heritage and culture?

I'm just glad our signs aren't in spanish yet

Embarrassingly and sadly flymike, our so call country of freedom is not that good. Its a case of you can do anything you like as long as you do exactly what we say. The patriotism is long dead, the system tracks you and its illegal to stay off the system, even though you have the right to move about this country freely. I am on more databases than I will ever know about. It makes me sad as I avoid giving my details, I avoid national insurance and pay for private medical insurance. I dont claim a penny when im not working and wont pay a pound when I am. I'm not on the electrol register (register to vote to you) but still they know where I am. Where is our freedom?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Hows this, where I live there are job places that only advertise in Polish, the banks had to translate all of their signs into Polish, the Police, Fire and Ambulance services are all learning Polish and for the ultimate kick in the teeth a lot of the Polish shops had signs that said "No British Customers" they were forced to remove them, but they still refuse to serve British customers.

I've never heard of shops barring the majority of the population, the local Polish run shops near where I live seem equally helpful and happy to serve me as do the local Indian run shop.

I live in an area which has attracted a lot of Polish immigrants. They have come over and taken a lot of jobs and started quite a few businesses, in doing so they have displaced some White British people from their jobs, something I'm pleased to see. If they the indigenous population is incapable or unwilling to do jobs as well as legal immigrants then why should they not be allowed to come here and do them? I think on the whole the new residents are far politer, nicer people who have benefited the local community.

Quote from Psysim :
Ok, I got this wrong. Here is my public correction. Most road signs in slough seem to be in a different language, I can only assume this is because Slough is full of people who immigrate here because they want to be here so much they can't be arsed to learn english.

Surely road signs should be in a language that the majority of road users can understand? If you leave your box and travel across the continent you'll find lots of signs translated into other languages (usually English) to help foreign nationals to follow road signs.

Quote from flymike91 :wow i've never heard of such anti-patriotic laws. I could cover a skyscraper with an american flag year-round and never need a permit. permit...what kind of bull is that?

Most European countries (with the exception of the Swiss) don't feel the need to plaster everywhere with flags, I always find it amusing how Americans seem insecure about their heritage and feel a need to wave flags. There are lots of fiercely patriotic British citizens who feel no need to wave flags. The typical flag wavers in the UK either wave national flags (Welsh/Scottish) because they like to feel independent, wave St George's flag (England) normally in support of our football team, which is normally fairly harmless but rather an embarrassing image.

The Union Jack has recently become a symbol used by racist nationalist movements, this has led to caution being taken by a lot of companies to associate themselves with it. The Union Jack is typically only flown from houses in diverse areas as a provocative statement. This definitely is not how the flag was traditionally flown, usually from public buildings as a celebration of certain dates.

Ignore what he is saying though, there is no law stopping anyone flying a Union Jack, and he is being deliberately mis-leading, all the laws he has talked about (multiple large flags and tall permanent flag poles) apply to any flag.

Quote from Psysim :Embarrassingly and sadly flymike, our so call country of freedom is not that good. Its a case of you can do anything you like as long as you do exactly what we say. The patriotism is long dead, the system tracks you and its illegal to stay off the system, even though you have the right to move about this country freely. I am on more databases than I will ever know about. It makes me sad as I avoid giving my details, I avoid national insurance and pay for private medical insurance. I dont claim a penny when im not working and wont pay a pound when I am. I'm not on the electrol register (register to vote to you) but still they know where I am. Where is our freedom?

So you don't vote? Then you have no right to complain about the way the country is run.
Quote from ajp71 :I've never heard of shops barring the majority of the population, the local Polish run shops near where I live seem equally helpful and happy to serve me as do the local Indian run shop.

I live in an area which has attracted a lot of Polish immigrants. They have come over and taken a lot of jobs and started quite a few businesses, in doing so they have displaced some White British people from their jobs, something I'm pleased to see. If they the indigenous population is incapable or unwilling to do jobs as well as legal immigrants then why should they not be allowed to come here and do them? I think on the whole the new residents are far politer, nicer people who have benefited the local community.

Oh don't get me wrong, there are plenty of Polish shops that will serve everyone, it has been the last batch of shops to crop up that are doing it.

But I'd rather have Polish neighbours than chav neighbours (which was the case a couple of years back) as they Poles might make a bit of noise drunk, but they keep their houses clean and the whole area has gone up hill.

It is the Polish signs and the no British customers bit that gets me pissed off. Doing road signs, though silly, I do get the logic behind it, it is to try and prevent fatalities (which is why most signs are numbers and images only, removes the requirement to read), I don't think banks, job centres and the like should translate into Polish though, they never did for Indians and the like when they moved here on mass.
Quote :Did you also know that if you want to display a full size union jack you have to pay £135 planning permission?

If you are trying to be patriotic you should really learn the name of your flag, it's the "Union Flag". You should only call it the Union Jack when at sea, when on a grey liner it has the meaning that an admiral is on the ship. Mine, if you are interested, is called Y Ddraig Goch. Sadly it is not representated on the Union Flag, I think we should get rid of that horrible blue colour and make it green .

Quote :If attacking the English is a race crime

*hangs head in shame. North Wales can be a bit like the North of England. They're odd, they seem to think Owain Gwyndawr is still alive.

Quote :Yeah, it's shocking when a nation has to translate it's road signs just to appease another culture.

roflz. tbh it's just as well that Welsh road signs do appear in English, given half the country still cant speak their own language ! (The Southern half, specifically!).

Quote :I'll let the Irish speek for themselfs.

In English mind you, as Irish is a dead language...
Quote from Psysim :Embarrassingly and sadly flymike, our so call country of freedom is not that good. ....... Where is our freedom?

So what is patriotism? A love of country.

What is my country? A constructed boundary defined by a ruling class.

So ... now do you see where your freedom went?
I used to vote, not much point any more as there is nothing worth voting for. I would be more patriotic but it costs £135 so therefore the free got removed from freedom. There is nothing to be patriotic about, this country has gone to the dogs. Around ferry ports and airports, yes multi lingual road signs are a great idea but otherwise no. This is a forum not a grammar lesson. Its the Union Jack no matter where you are, its still the Union Jack when its on dry land as much as wood is still wood when its painted. There is a good reason the Union Jack was not designed with green in it, its the dame reason we didn't put yellow in it for the scottish. And for the record, in my mind there is nothing remotly dead about the Irish language.

When I was typing lastnight I did get laze, sometimes it happens with me, I get to the point where I'm just not that bothered any more.

Did you know that voting is another way for the government to keep track of your location? Its another way to clamp down on your freedom. No part of voting promotes the freedom that this country is supposed to represent. When there is something worth voting for I shall vote. A local neighbor works the local polling station, he insists on seeing who you vote for before you post the slip, what happened to my right to a private vote?
Quote :Its the Union Jack no matter where you are, its still the Union Jack when its on dry land as much as wood is still wood when its painted.

A jack is a small flag flown on the bow of a warship. A flag is a thing waved about by football fans. . Call yourself a patriot (though you seem only to be talking your country down), but at least know what your flag is called if you want to wave it about?

Quote : Did you know that voting is another way for the government to keep track of your location?

Does it really matter? If I want to go to ground I can, it's not hard to live beyond the radar of offialdom, but the only reason to do that is when one has something to hide. Your telephone company knows where you live too, do they have power over you?

The power a government holds over you is the power you grant them. If you refuse to be part of the process, then you are subjecting yourself willingly to the authority of others. Voting is a basic right to influence the balance of power of your nation, if you care about your nation, you would 'at least' be voting.

EDIT: For the record I am in no way implying that the British parliamentary elections are fair or not subject to corruption such as dead people voting.
You'd think if you were going to go this far off-topic you could at least use everybody's favourite information source, good old Wikipedia. Nobody cares about the exact terminology, even the official Flag Institute.

Not that I'd wave that one at all
lolz, I care! It's a bone I can pick in an argument with a dissident!
Quote from Becky Rose :A jack is a small flag flown on the bow of a warship. A flag is a thing waved about by football fans. . Call yourself a patriot (though you seem only to be talking your country down), but at least know what your flag is called if you want to wave it about?

I correct myself, the un-named flag of the United Kingdom. I'm sorry but there is no other name for this flag... unless you know of one? The blue, red and white bit of cloth that hangs from poles? Does it have another name? Its the Union Jack, face the god damn facts.

Quote from Becky Rose :
The power a government holds over you is the power you grant them.

Yeah, where getting somewhere now. I choose not to let my government have full power over me, I have a right to live in this country without big brother watching me.

I think thats to the point, your picking for the sake of picking.
Quote :I correct myself, the un-named flag of the United Kingdom

Actually no, it was innaugurated in the Act of Union 1800 as the Union Flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland. Additionally it is termed the Union Flag in Royal decree where the flag was first incepted. It is therefore a Union Flag, and the term Jack arose from it's use on the jackstaff and Britain great maritime prowess in times past. Really, a patriot should know these things...

Incidentally, there is recent discussion at governmental level for adding Y Ddraig Goch to the Union Flag, 'tis gonna be a real bitch to draw it if that goes ahead !
Quote from Becky Rose :Actually no, it was innaugurated in the Act of Union 1800 as the Union Flag of the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland. Additionally it is termed the Union Flag in Royal decree where the flag was first incepted. It is therefore a Union Flag, and the term Jack arose from it's use on the jackstaff and Britain great maritime prowess in times past. Really, a patriot should know these things...

Incidentally, there is recent discussion at governmental level for adding Y Ddraig Goch to the Union Flag, 'tis gonna be a real bitch to draw it if that goes ahead !

I really don't care, I am beyond care. The name does not matter. I'm 100% sure the MAJORITY of the nation calls it the UNION JACK and as you pointed out earlier over road signs, we cater for the majority in this country. If the majority calls it the UJ then that is what it is. Keep picking all you want, you can't change the majority.
Quote from Psysim :
Did you know that voting is another way for the government to keep track of your location? Its another way to clamp down on your freedom. No part of voting promotes the freedom that this country is supposed to represent. When there is something worth voting for I shall vote. A local neighbor works the local polling station, he insists on seeing who you vote for before you post the slip, what happened to my right to a private vote?

What is the issue with the government finding out where you are? So long as you play the system then you've got nothing to hide can have your voice heard and have a lot of other benefits that you are entitled to. Really you are the illegal alien not your neighbours of different nationalities and skin colours.
How so? What do I do that's so ILLEGAL? Move about my country without having a tracker attached? I don't want to be on databases and that's quite a simple life wish. I have nothing to hide, I earn below the tax threshold, I wont take from the system (even though I am entitled to) and all I ask is to be left alone. If I wanted to be watched I would probably want to live in a zoo enclosure with 3000 visitors watching me eat every day.
Quote from Psysim :I used to vote, not much point any more as there is nothing worth voting for. I would be more patriotic but it costs £135 so therefore the free got removed from freedom.

It's an issue of planning permission. If planning laws "remove the free from freedom" would you like some large noisy building outside your house?

Quote : There is nothing to be patriotic about, this country has gone to the dogs. Around ferry ports and airports, yes multi lingual road signs are a great idea but otherwise no.

Outside of those contexts (and sheepshaggerese) I have not seen a single multilingual road sign. If someone does have evidence of one existing (by that I am talking about a photograph) post it.

Quote :There is a good reason the Union Jack was not designed with green in it, its the dame reason we didn't put yellow in it for the scottish.

It's because at the time Wales was under English control. Union flag = English flag + Scottish flag. Then they added one for Ireland which hasn't been removed.

Quote :And for the record, in my mind there is nothing remotly dead about the Irish language.

20-70,000 native speakers. Source

Quote :Did you know that voting is another way for the government to keep track of your location? Its another way to clamp down on your freedom. No part of voting promotes the freedom that this country is supposed to represent. When there is something worth voting for I shall vote. A local neighbor works the local polling station, he insists on seeing who you vote for before you post the slip, what happened to my right to a private vote?

Simply just chuck the bloody thing in FFS.

Quote :Move about my country without having a tracker attached? I don't want to be on databases and that's quite a simple life wish.

Tracker attatched? Eh?
Were not talking about a building stuck outside my house. Were talking about flags. You need to read more of the thread. Sorry but I didn't take pictures of the road signs in slough, its not exactly a very photogenic place. As for the whole vote thing, its not as simple as chucking it in when there is a person between you and it. I know its not legal to tare up a voting slip but I won't vote publicly. Anyone getting bored of this thread yet? Can we start talking about the "Anti-Russian" host again? I have tried to close the subject many times so that we can return to the topic!
Quote from Psysim :A local neighbour works the local polling station, he insists on seeing who you vote for before you post the slip, what happened to my right to a private vote?

Well you can tell your local neighbour that he is breaking the law by requesting to see who you voted for, or should I say forcing you to show him, as you can tell him who you voted for if you want to, but he can't force you to show him. No one is given the right to know who you voted for, only you.

For the record, where the **** do you live? As it sounds like you live in The Sun HQ as the shit you're spouting sound like the shit they report about.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well you can tell your local neighbour that he is breaking the law by requesting to see who you voted for, or should I say forcing you to show him, as you can tell him who you voted for if you want to, but he can't force you to show him. No one is given the right to know who you voted for, only you.

For the record, where the **** do you live? As it sounds like you live in The Sun HQ as the shit you're spouting sound like the shit they report about.

You don't think I have told him this? Do you really think your vote is private when each voting slip holds a reference number that can be cross referenced against your name? Maybe alot of people are too naive. It states clearly where I live, unless your asking for my address. I think your just out to stir things up. As I said in my last post, lets agree to disagree and get back to the topic of the thread? And the only thing that's being spouted is the awful use of profanities from your mouth.
Problem solved.

Great, so we can carry on with OT brabble!

If only most of england thought like psysim 60 years ago, then we might have won the war...
#71 - MR_B
What's the Polish government's thoughts on losing all its citizens?
#72 - Jakg
A lot of them are moving back btw...
I wouldnt call that discrimintation (ok, the choise of words is a bit harsh), cause u have the right to kick/ban everyone you want, if you are server admin. Thats more like a warning.
Quote from Stefani24 :cause u have the right to kick/ban everyone you want,

Having the right to do something offensive doesn't make you any less of a tosser for doing it.
Right.
Anyway, I just said it isn't really an offence.

discrimination server name
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG