The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from anttt69 :
16 is pathetic & fails to impress me on so many different levels

Its on a console... huge city, no details left out, including pedestrians and traffic, ragdoll physics, etc.

This is pretty good for a console online game. IMO.
Quote from danowat :Pirates from the Caribean...

woah woah woah hold on, never said I support it, i'm discussed by it, i'm not much of a gamer, only play LFS and PES, but i'm telling you how gamers think over here, and piracy is unfortunately very very spreded, as i said 99 % of PC gamers are playing pirates...
Tbh i have never seen a burning car from randomly hitting them and i have had massive knocks, freaken edited content. But i swear im having the most fun with this game, full on have Niko in a suit with tennis shoes, he looks so americanized its just so cool.
And ive baerly started to hit the surface, man favorite part so far is the shoot outs with cover, cant wait to take it online
i have 50% completed lol... and i just made a quadroople frontflip when getting smashed by a bus on my bike and i hearded "tok" when i landed with my helmet on the ground LOL this game ROXXXXORZZZZ
Quote from Jakg :16 in a single server? That's crap!

Its not crap when you realise that its not an empty lifeless city you play in, you have the full traffic, pedestrians, map, police, the only thing missing is being able to watch the shows or get drunk/buy food. 16 players on a game which has a set area you can go in, with a limited number of enemies and vehicles would be crap, but its not like that on GTA.

As an example, I was online with 3 of my mates on free roam, we got a load of ammo and held up in a car showroom. We all had 6 star wanted levels, and we must of killed thousands of policemen and shot down dozens of choppers. The only time we got slow down was when we shot down 3 choppers in a row and then fired RPG's into the mass of cop cars below us in the street.
Finnally i have it! what a ****ing good game, physics, shootings everything, it just all make sense.
Im gonna try it online now.. let see how it is.
What makes me stop playing is the missions, for me are frustrating.
Quote from danowat :In comparison to the piracy on PC, xbox360 and PS3 piracy is a drop in the ocean

Give me numbers.

One thing I cannot comprehend is how they are actively making sure the PC crowd is pissed off. We have DRM, CD-keys, one-time activations, contact-customer-support-if-your-hard-drive-dies-and-you-didn't-uninstall-the-game first.

All while console games are shared happily between friends, sold 2nd hand and DVD-images fly across the interwebs.

The PC gaming is not pushed out because of piracy, they are pushing themselves out with overblown budgets combined with re-hashed sequel of a sequel of a Counter-Strike But Better.

I say let the high-end PC gaming die a quick death. I'll be happy with my indie games and Excel spread sheets.
Quote from spankmeyer :Give me numbers.

One thing I cannot comprehend is how they are actively making sure the PC crowd is pissed off. We have DRM, CD-keys, one-time activations, contact-customer-support-if-your-hard-drive-dies-and-you-didn't-uninstall-the-game first.

All while console games are shared happily between friends, sold 2nd hand and DVD-images fly across the interwebs.

The PC gaming is not pushed out because of piracy, they are pushing themselves out with overblown budgets combined with re-hashed sequel of a sequel of a Counter-Strike But Better.

I say let the high-end PC gaming die a quick death. I'll be happy with my indie games and Excel spread sheets.

Its not about piracy, its about modding the game. They are very paranoid about it after the whole Hot Coffee thing.
My buddy and I have created a new tradition of going full tilt down the street where you live, yanking the ebrake at top speed and bailing when the car is facing backwards. As a rule, that is the only way you can enter your safehouse.

Anyone else notice that when you're in your car listening to your radio and the cell phone's about to ring, it even sounds the little "ticks" induced in the amplifier before the phone rings?
Quote from MorpheusZero :My buddy and I have created a new tradition of going full tilt down the street where you live, yanking the ebrake at top speed and bailing when the car is facing backwards. As a rule, that is the only way you can enter your safehouse.

Anyone else notice that when you're in your car listening to your radio and the cell phone's about to ring, it even sounds the little "ticks" induced in the amplifier before the phone rings?

Not only when the phone rings, your phone will lose reception in tunnels, and when you come back out it makes that sound when it tries to find the network again. Its small details like that which make the game so amazing.

My favourite car bailing moment was online, I thought it would be fun to bail out of a car with my friend in the passenger seat, and watch him fly over a small wall into the water. The problem was the wall stopped the car, and I was tumbling on the ground and ended up going over the wall and in the water myself. Much to the pleasure of my friend who thought it was hilarious.
I saw the neatest thing today when entering island 3 for the first time (yes I am going slowly :shrug. I was in traffic (which is nearly full of yellow cabs :tilt, and 2 cars behind a cop car. All of a sudden, he put on his lights and his siren, and pulled over the car in front of him. He got out, said something to the driver (I didn't hear, my fudging phone rang ), and then went to the boot and checked it. He then got out his gun, pointed it at the driver, who got out and put his hands up. He arrested him, put him in the cop car, and took off. I followed him to see where he was going, and sure enough, he took him to the police station

It is the small things like this that help it feel more realistic...
BTW, I think the first drive down Main Street on Island 3 (can't remember the name of the actual one IRL :shy is one of gaming's finest experiences. The lights, the neon signs, the yellow cabs, the traffic...it's just like WOAH!!!
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
my game just... bah.. it stays on "Loading -Mission"...
Quote from MAGGOT :I'm just happy I'm not forced to play as some damn 'gangsta' this time. Glad to see they went back to a proper crime family. Can't wait to try it out, the previous titles were all a blast (if not a little repetative). San Andreas was a past-time in College. If anyone has a PS3 this year I bet this will be, too.

step dad says the same thing LOL!!!!
I agree with the reviews that have said Niko could turn out to be a video game icon. Niko is such a good character, you actually start thinking like him, and at the end of the game I was seriously as angry as Niko would have been about the situation, you will know what I mean when you finish the story.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I saw the neatest thing today when entering island 3 for the first time (yes I am going slowly :shrug. I was in traffic (which is nearly full of yellow cabs :tilt, and 2 cars behind a cop car. All of a sudden, he put on his lights and his siren, and pulled over the car in front of him. He got out, said something to the driver (I didn't hear, my fudging phone rang ), and then went to the boot and checked it. He then got out his gun, pointed it at the driver, who got out and put his hands up. He arrested him, put him in the cop car, and took off. I followed him to see where he was going, and sure enough, he took him to the police station

This happened to me, 30 minutes ago!. This one was a couple, stopped in the middle of the road, wife gets out of the car, man gets out and punches the woman. The police drives by and arrest the woman! wtf!, i felt that it wasnt justice, so i got out my shotgun and tried to shoot the man. But the police was there, they noticed and a shooting started, like 5 police units came and they killed me (helicopter).
Then the most realistic thing for me atm is when you crash HARD to a side of a car, you kill the driver. I was being chased by police, crashed a cab and deformed the tyre section, and the door. The driver was laying there on the road dead, i took that cab and it was uncontrolable, i couldnt steer right, my left wheel was stuck into the chassis, like oval camber.
Im loving this game!
The Police computers are my favourite bit so far, you can either chase down crimes going on at the time, find out information on people or you can hunt down and kill the people on the most wanted list. But if you are getting some heat from bad guys while in a cop car, you can stop it and access the computer and call for backup, a lot of cops come screaming up to your location, just don't do it while your shooting people because they will target you!
Is there any reward for completing the Most Wanted list? I've done half of them so far

And you finished the game already? lol nice
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is there any reward for completing the Most Wanted list? I've done half of them so far

And you finished the game already? lol nice

There is meant to be an achiement but I think its bugged, because I completed the list and its not given it to me. That doesn't matter though, because it was fun actually doing the missions. I get sick of the people who just try to get 1000 gamer scores on all the games they own, so much so that they ignore the actual game.
Quote from deggis :I'm suspicious about this until I see some real gamelpay vids. How many times game devs have given empty promises about "totally free game world" and so on...

Mafia still owns all so far released GTA games And what comes to pure style, it will probably own this IV too.

Agreed, nothing beats Mafia.. Manual gears was pwnage tho, am i right?
Just had the best online seesion since I got GTA VI. Basically playing Cops 'N' Robbers and as the cops we had got split up, so all alone and in desperate need of a vechile I grab the first and only thing in sight..........a small vespa style scooter.

The laughter on-line as at first I realised how bizzare it was, then followed by my team as they also realised what was going on.
Arrrr I'm going to fall to pieces tomorrow when I have to leave home for the week again and can't play the awesomest GTA!

Anyways, great game. Understeering in a lamp post when you first got in a car thinking its probably the same old GTA was priceless.
3 hours straight playing, need to advance on HW

Awesome game, i cant find a thing to critizice... i just cant.

Today a guy stole credit cars, and the fat police man tried to catch him and he couldnt i tried to follow him and shot him neither i could
Got the game today(Well yesterday, Saturday), must of played it for 6 hours straight doing a few missions, messing around with that michelle girl and getting used to GTA again, only thing is I have to do homework all day tomorrow, should be able to fit some GTA in. Where are the helicopters been trying to find them but cant. Also how many missions do you have to do until you get access to the second island?
Helichoppers are found in the airport on the bottom-right of the first island...they're tucked away behind the terminal I think...There'as about 25 missions until the second island IIRC.

Has anyone found a spawn point for a Sanchez? They now handle and sound unbelievable, but I've only been able to find them online
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Helichoppers are found in the airport on the bottom-right of the first island...they're tucked away behind the terminal I think...There'as about 25 missions until the second island IIRC.

Has anyone found a spawn point for a Sanchez? They now handle and sound unbelievable, but I've only been able to find them online

Cheers, how comes now when you go into the airport you get the police on you, is it because I just drove through the barrier, or do you have to do this because I didn't bother looking to see if there was anyone at the gate to actually let you in.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG