The online racing simulator
Formatting a SATA Drive
(6 posts, started )
Formatting a SATA Drive
I got my new SATA drive today and i'm having some problems. At first i couldn't get the computer to recognise it at all before i realised that i had to move the jumper so that it would run in 150mbps mode. Now i have done that the hdd appears in my device manager and is shown when the computer boots up, but it does not appear in windows explorer. I guess i need to format it but i don't know how since i don't know the drive letter. Usually when i format a drive i go into dos and say format C:\ or whatever but since i don't know the letter for the drive i guess there must be another way?

Thanks, Josh
Use 'Local disk manager' (Under Administrative Tools...) and partition it.
hi josh in xp just click start, control panel ,admin tools ,computer management click disk management on the laft pane and you should see your new drive then just rightclick and format in xp .

SD.

PS : your peds were posted on wed you should have them soon
If your motherboard is SATA capable it could just be a driver issue. If you using a SATA card it may just be your version of windows needing to reconize it. If windows does not see it I wouldn't try to format it, YET.

What does your BIOS say when you look at the drives?
Quote from SparkyDave :hi josh in xp just click start, control panel ,admin tools ,computer management click disk management on the laft pane and you should see your new drive then just rightclick and format in xp .

SD.

PS : your peds were posted on wed you should have them soon

Thanks it's formatting now .

I sent you a pm earlier btw sparky, got the pedals .
awsome news you have PM too

SD.

Formatting a SATA Drive
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG