The online racing simulator
#376 - xtm
Works fine for me both at work and at home. I have recently switched to a UK based server rather than a US based on, so it's possible there are still DNS propogation issues. Hopefully in another 24 hours the site will be accessible.
VHPA v3.1.1 preview
Right, I've finished coding v3.1.1, nothing that exciting in there but lots of little fixes and improvements - more details here. Just got to update the manual and the website now

In the meantime, here is a preview version, if anyone wants to try it and report any bugs you might find, that would be great. The zip just includes the updated exe and update LFS vehicle files.

Download: preview download removed, official version now released
Suspension tab:
inconsistent spelling of "Anti-Roll"; sometimes it's "Anti Roll".

Tyres tab:
inconsistent capitalisation of frame titles

Great work as always
OK, uploaded a final preview, all the coding should be done now. No more excess capitalisation either.

Expect the official release this time tomorrow.
great job Bob as always....
VHPA v3.1.1 released
Nice one mate, full respect from me for this software
Hi Bob, I am getting a problem window that says "incorrect vehicle data file version" when I try to run the updated version 3.1.1. I have to hit O.K 20 times before VHPA runs and states "Analysis not available while creating / editing a vehicle. I did select LFS mode in the installer.
Any Ideas on what's causing this?
BTW the last version was working fine..
Bob, small little thingie, maybe make the big image on the front page a direct DL link when you click the download bit of it? Confused me for 5 seconds before I realized "OMG, THIS REQUIRES ANOTHER CLICK!"

Maybe it's just me being lazy, but most pages that I've seen having programs for download, the main DL link is on the main page in an obvious place, with additional downloads being on the seperate DL page.

Also, I get the "Incorrect Data Version" error, like 15 times, before going into the program, where it crashes when I try to load a .set.
Quote from nelson_trujillo :
after installing (admin rights) while trying to run it (with a restricted user), shows a popup window saying Error 75 and aborts; can't create the options.ini file

Can't create options.ini if run the first time with restricted account
ver 3.1.1.
So, run it with admin account and it will be created with no problem
Quote from flinty72 :Hi Bob, I am getting a problem window that says "incorrect vehicle data file version" when I try to run the updated version 3.1.1. I have to hit O.K 20 times before VHPA runs and states "Analysis not available while creating / editing a vehicle. I did select LFS mode in the installer.

Same here, it's not reading the VD3 files correctly. Could you please, publish the right ones for this version?
Indeed, sorry for that bug, the one set of flies I forgot to copy over into the release folder from the dev folder. This is what happens when you release late at night when you're a bit tired: you make a mistake and then everyone has to wait for you to sleep until you can fix it. Anyay, if you download the installer again, it should work now. I even tested it this time!

Dustin - I'll add a link there.
Hey Bob, All running now & can open sets no problem however on opening a new set via File - Open (Ctrl-O) menus the car picture does not update to the correct car for that set, it stays as the UF1 picture that is loaded on start-up??
Ah, thanks, I can confirm that I can reproduce that. Will look at fixing that bug tonight. It's not just the picture either, but none of the vehicle data displayed is updated either. It is using the new car though, so analysis should still be accurate.

If it really bothers you, you can click edit vehicle, followed by update vehicle, to force that code to run. Or enable the "filter setups on open" option, and thus force yourself to pick the right car first.
What car is the dp1?
New? xD
OK, the bug flinty72 reported is fixed, just download VHPA again to obtain the fixed version.
um i dont know how to upload it to my lfs game plz help
aw crap sorry Bob...very minor thing, the links to the setup web sites are inverted
Quote from Mcfresh :um i dont know how to upload it to my lfs game plz help

VHPA is an independent analysis tool. It doesn't require LFS to work. You can load LFS setups to it however, once you have downloaded and installed it.
Quote from KSheppard :aw crap sorry Bob...very minor thing, the links to the setup web sites are inverted

Aha, well noticed, will fix that at my end tonight. [note to self] Need to grey out the bias bar options in the disc brake calculator when 1 master cylinder is used too. [/note to self]

For the curious, I totalled up the downloads for VHPA since launch; excluding November when my webstats weren't working, it's accumulated over 8000 downloads so far (assuming Webalizer's figures are accurate).
Just think, if you'd charged a fiver a time ......, or even a quid!
I'd have only had about 5 downloads so far? I have received 4 donations so far though, all of which I am thankful for.

Am I hoping to sort out a commercial licencing system (of sorts) though, as a couple of companies have expressed some interest. So that's a document to draw up, which would only need result in a couple of sales a month to equal the pay I get from work (I'm not stupid and going to let this go cheap), although tbh that's a figure far in excess of what I'm likely to achieve (at least to begin with, I need to find ways to increase the program's exposure).
Bob, even though I might have too practical of a use, I'll think about donating, because it's a fantastic program, and could be useful in my future (if I learn how to drive )

VHPA v3.1.4 [updated 26/03/10]
(634 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG