The online racing simulator
Really someone has to have a solution why my wheel is a bit harder to turn to the left and makes a bit more noise and a bit of a grinding feel.
Quote from jegorchangai :Well actually it turns a tad bitter harder,
But when im aproxmately in the middle and I turn from left to right it makes a strange noise but probaly cause im not used to noises on wheels

I get that, i assumed it was normal. Doesnt bother me. It just feels a bit more rough when going left > right through a tiny bit of the travel.
Hopefully getting mine tonight :]
Got it
Hey guys, kind of new here... I just bought my G25 a few days ago and now i'm a bit worried about something...
Tonight i played like 4 hours nonstop (yeah, mental) and the wheel started to heat up... Got pretty hot and the force feedback got much lighter, sometimes no FF at all.
I'm worried cause i don't know if this is normal...
What you think? Thanks in advance, and sorry for any bad writting.
The heating up should be fine, but with the FFB getting lighter, that may be a problem as I haven't had that problem before.
Yeah, remember you have two motors in this thing - it can get surprisingly hot after extended periods - but shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Drill some hoels for air flow
Quote from 666MePhIsTo666 :Hey guys, kind of new here... I just bought my G25 a few days ago and now i'm a bit worried about something...
Tonight i played like 4 hours nonstop (yeah, mental) and the wheel started to heat up... Got pretty hot and the force feedback got much lighter, sometimes no FF at all.
I'm worried cause i don't know if this is normal...
What you think? Thanks in advance, and sorry for any bad writting.

You could turn DOWN the force some also.
Thanks all! I'll see tonight if the FF is back or if it is broken... Hope not!
I personally find that a little strange. Perhaps it is because I never had my FF "Cranked up", but rather set to a semi-comfortable level (I've been tweaking it, but using the old DFP settings as a base guideline to start) - but mine has never started to "heat up" to the point where my Force Feedback has worn out. And I've used it in 6 hour long endurance races. No, I wasn't driving the whole six hours, but I was doing warm-up practice laps offline before hand for two hours, then I drove my three, so it was at least five. And everything was normal.

If it continues, you might want to call Tech support and ask them. Personally, if mine started to do that, I'd be afraid of it breaking on me
Well, everything is normal now... I guess it overheated or something. Thanks for replying.
hi,

i'm currently having real issues with my H-shifter. it doesn't shift precisly at all anymore. a slight wobble on the stick in second often causes a shift to 4th. very annoying. it somehow feels like the stick itself is loose. is that possible?

also, using the H-shifter in up-down mode isn't crisp either. a bit of a down-push on the stick and the gears are jumping again.

lastly the reverse has stopped working, too. the wheel and pedals seem very solid and i'm happy with it but the shifter needs fixing.

can anyone advise?

cheers
thx for the link. i'll keep that in mind. i think i'll try the warranty first if i can find my receipt. if not i start unscrewing things.

it's annoying that for that kind of money you get such poor manufacturing quality. first the pedals of the black momo and now the shifter of the g25.

pff
Love My G25! I Got It for christmas and it feels amazing.
I just had 1 problem with it. It was misaligned slightly to the right. So, when i steered it, it locked a bit farther to the right then the left. I uninstalled the profiler, re-installed it, and my problem was solved. If anyone has this problem, try this and see if it re-alignes itself.
If it dosent, email me at jordanrules10@hotmail.com

Happy Racing!

:heyjoe67_
Quote from Jordeeman :Love My G25! I Got It for christmas and it feels amazing.
I just had 1 problem with it. It was misaligned slightly to the right. So, when i steered it, it locked a bit farther to the right then the left. I uninstalled the profiler, re-installed it, and my problem was solved. If anyone has this problem, try this and see if it re-alignes itself.
If it dosent, email me at jordanrules10@hotmail.com

Happy Racing!

:heyjoe67_

That happens to me sometimes, but i just unplug and plug it back in
Well i've had my DFP for a year now and i'm really tempted to get the G25 now LFS has clutch support

Where's the best & cheapest place to get it?

Does anyone know a site with the G25 in the xmas sales?
I have just ordered one from overclockers.co.uk, I have had good quality service from them before and they have just about the same price for the wheel as everybody else.

Couldn't find any in a sale myself. In fact, nobody in any of the games/computer stores in Nottingham seemed to know what the hell it was. (I only tried high street stores as I wanted this thing asap but now gotta wait till friday for delivery, at least it's on it's way!)
cant explain them but scawen said to set these at 0%
My DFP brake pedal stopped working just before Christmas (it served me well though, got over 100k miles from it). After a little exploratory surgery I got it working but it was being erratic and unpredictable (which obviously isn't any use in a race). So, after waiting a while to see if I wanted to buy another wheel I've decided to order a G25. Should be here tomorrow or Friday and I'm looking forward to it. Just need to find somewhere to mount the gear lever, I don't think I've got anything suitable at the moment.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Hi,

Can someone clearly explain what the Spring Effect Strength & Damper Effect Strength settings are in the Profiler?

Quote :What does the "Damper Effect Strength" slider do for force feedback gaming controllers?

The "Damper Effect Strength" slider is a feature of Profiler accessible only by force feedback gaming devices. This slider controls the strength of the damper forces within force feedback games. Damper forces slow down the movement of the gaming device in a particular direction. Examples of damper forces would be items such as water or mud. By moving the slider beyond 100%, the damper forces get stronger, and the gaming device will feel more sluggish when you encounter a damper force. By moving the slider below 100%, damper forces will not affect your gameplay as much.

What does the "Spring Effect Strength" slider do for force feedback gaming controllers?

The "Spring Effect Strength" slider is a feature of Profiler accessible only by force feedback gaming devices. This slider controls the strength of the spring forces within a game. Spring forces are the effect of the wheel/stick being pulled into a certain direction by the game/software. The farther that you move the handle away from the direction that the force is pulling in, the stronger the force effect will get. By moving the slider above 100%, the stronger that resistance will be. An example of this would be trying to pull out of a dive in a flight simulator. The more you try to pull out of a dive, the more resistance you will encounter.

The default centering spring that centers the joystick handle or steering wheel in games that do not support force feedback will not be affected by this slider. However, games that support force feedback may or may not disable the default centering spring.

I also believe that you should never ever use either of those effects with LFS.
got my g25 today, and i got the "range" on logitech profiler to 100% , cant get the wheel to work with 900 degrees, it stops at normal.. what have i done wrong? and how do i fix this

the wheel and shifter\pedals works in lfs though, just not 900 degrees..
Sorry to hijack this thread for a minute but im in a bit of trouble. i havent played lfs for about 7 months or so due to various reasons but have finally got my setup back together again. only thing is i've lost the power supply cable for my g25!! im desperate to play lfs again so if anyone could point me in the direction of where to get one it would be most appreciated!

pm me if you know of anything!!
Quote from andy_bonjon :Sorry to hijack this thread for a minute but im in a bit of trouble. i havent played lfs for about 7 months or so due to various reasons but have finally got my setup back together again. only thing is i've lost the power supply cable for my g25!! im desperate to play lfs again so if anyone could point me in the direction of where to get one it would be most appreciated!

pm me if you know of anything!!

if you still got warranty logitech will probably send you a power supply, just contact their costumer support. even if the warranty is gone they tend to do that (in my case it was an old formula force gp who was at least 2 years over it's warranty time already)
i thought of that but isnt the warranty only a year? if so mine ran out just before christmas

Logitech G25 - general discussion
(2016 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG