The online racing simulator
Confirm or Deny...
(11 posts, started )
Confirm or Deny...
In the TBO/GTR cars, does setting the voluntary handicap override the server handicaps? i.e. if the server handicap is 70kg for the FZR, if I set the voluntary handicap to 10kg, does that make it 10kg handicap or does it make it an 80kg handicap?
  1. The server can't set a handicap, only the master server/LFSW does
  2. Voluntary handicaps are always counted ADDITIONALLY to the global handicaps. So in that case it would be 80kg
  3. You can, however, fully adjust where this weight should be positioned (front-rear)
Are you sure on number 2?

IIRC, anything under the current global ballast isn't counted.

(It was this way for the 24Hr KY3R race, where FZR ballast had to be manually set to 100kg, not 20kg)
Well, yes, I'm sure. In the yellow header it shows the global handicap, like:

Handicaps (80kg)

and in the slider you can choose the "voluntary added mass", which is added to the handicap. Selecting 10kg added mass will mean you have 80+10kg on your car, not replacing the 80kg with 10kg. Just think about it, the latter way would make the global handicap system a farce, as everyone would just chose 1kg voluntary mass to get rid of the other 79kg. It really wouldn't make any sense.

E: I was wrong, actually it works like this:

Global handicap: 80kg
Voluntary added mass: 50kg
Result: 80kg

Voluntary added mass: 120kg
Result: 120kg
Unless the system works as Max(global,local)
Right, I'm saying for that to be right the system is different than the in-game system, where selecting less than the current global is a null amount.

i.e. The max you can get on FZR is still 200kg, not 200kg + 80kg
Ok, I'll check it now...

E: You're right, it will not be added, but it selects whichever setting is higher.
Ok, thanks for the info! Was there a post explaining this that I missed... its definetly not in any of the readme that I could find.
Quote from AndroidXP :E: I was wrong, actually it works like this:

Voluntary added mass: 50kg
Result: 80kg

Voluntary added mass: 120kg
Result: 120kg

Aha, very useful to know, never noticed that.
That means, if you take 80kg, you got 80 kg then?
ummm.... yes?

Voluntary Ballast < Current Global Ballast = Current Global Ballast
Voluntary Ballast > Current Global Ballast = Voluntary Ballast

Confirm or Deny...
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG