The online racing simulator
yes, £120 per team, it doesnt matter how many drivers you have.
how long on track will we have? (ie, what event did you book)
we will have 15 mins practise, 10 min qualify and a 1.5 hour race, with trophies etc included in the price.

But im looking forward to meeting and chatting rather than driving
Count me in with 4sr.
Will I need to bring my helmet or will one be provided?
Quote from lippy :That track is in Warrington, and is stunning, scary, and painful all at the same time.

Only been there once, but that was enough to tell me I want to go back!

Lippy

Ye its a great track especially with the new layout.
[attitude]
Quote from Bob Smith :Will I need to bring my helmet or will one be provided?

Might want to reword that Bob *s*****
[/attitude type="childish"]

What about spectator's Fordie?
all race gear is provided, but u would be advised to bring your own kit if you have any, its always nicer to have your own stuff, and you can be identified a little easier

Any helmet is fine, as long as your eyes are protected.

Yes angry angel lol.

Tristan was late for racing on sun, so i had to polish my helmet for ages because it got dirty in the open :/

To spectate is free, although u will spend lots in the cafe they have there
OK. I've an open face helmet, will that do?

Travel expenses: bah, £37 for a return train ticket. I'm trying to get my friend (the other UK based MRNL member) to join in, he is keen but cost is an issue. That'd be £74 for the both of us. Neither of us have cars yet so is there any chance of us getting a lift? I'm sure petrol is cheaper!

He lives in Portsmouth and so will I in a couple of weeks (although that could change if I get a placement... but ignoring that for now).

We could train part of the way if required.
open face hmm, u will probably need goggles m8

So far, we have 7 teams (one with a driver missing, dE)
7 not including the devs that is..

And 4 spare people
"The Other Guy", lol. His name is Madman_CZ.
Just to add, you could also send me a cheque made payable to GPKarting, if you feel easier that way.

I thought all racing equipment was provided?

From Website
Quote :Overalls, gloves and helmets supplied.
Computer printout of lap times included

Regards

Shaun
I would live to go but can't gaurentee being able to get there but i would like to come down(up?) to see some real racing action.
my personal life is kinda chokka at the mo, but i'll see if i can squeeze that one out of my diary.

Just for the chaps that - like me - may not be able to go, PLEASE get some action on video!
I will be taking my Camcorder, and handing it to Angry
22nd October!

/me writes in PDA Calender.

I will be in Uxbridge that weekend. I'm assuming that my gf won't want to come to a kart track to be chatted up by 30+ computer/racing geeks like me, so that leaves me with ONE spare seat. I don't mind who it is, but I don't really want to go much further than Reading to pick them up. Uxbridge tube station (Metropolitan line) would be better.

So, if you want a lift from me, argue it amonst yourselves.

Racing kit (helmets, balaclavas etc) ARE provided, but if you have kit use it, so that we can be 100% there is enough to go round, and your own helmets will fit you better and be safer than a slightly mistreated, standard sized, 5 year old helmet. Same goes for suits and gloves. Trainers are a must (or thin soled shoes).

Going back to lifts, if anyone wanted from abroad wanted to come, I am happy to pick them up from Heathrow on the day (or the day before and make it a few days here). I must also add that as I write this I am hoping Kirves will read it and start booking flights. Go on Kirves. Team mates, MRT S1 Noobs together. Good times and bad. Surely we DESERVE to meet now...
Bit of a distance for me (east Devon), but I will have passed driving test by then, and should have a car... So I may be able to do this
Quote from Fordman :ITS PROVISONALLY BOOKED - 22ND OCTOBER

What time is the event? Hopefully, we're talking afternoon and not evening - as it looks like I will have to get back to Bath for a compulsory IT department event on the Sunday.

Lippy
its at 3pm start, but we will be partying for a long time after

Hopefully some DSRC team can come, and the dev team too

We need another dE guy to pair with P1lot, Catalyst and sinbad are the only current Brittish dE guys i can think of. Gopher04 is another ex-dE, can sum1 persuade one of them to come?
I think Ive got a team member arranged.....
and i am that team member!! hurrah!!
Quote from lippy :What time is the event? Hopefully, we're talking afternoon and not evening - as it looks like I will have to get back to Bath for a compulsory IT department event on the Sunday.

Lippy

Another person from bath :up: woooo!
I suppose now we will have to wait for a few weeks for everyone to confirm that they can make it, before we count up how many teams we have etc..

If anyone can definately make it now, then pls let me or fordie know
I WILL be there
Assuming I get the cash together for the car, count me in If not, I'll get the train!

Quote from Fordman :I will be taking my Camcorder, and handing it to Angry

Dear god, what have you let yourself in for man
OK, tux, I will take you up on your offer

UK LFS meet, All Welcome
(492 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG