The online racing simulator
This may be a daft question but....
I have two versions of LFS.
One is 0.5T and takes me about two minutes to load up because I got in a muddle with the installation procedure and and have to extract it from WINRAR every time but it runs OK after that.
The other is 0.5Q and someone helped me install that and it comes up much quicker but doesn't allow anyone to join me in a headtohead race and says the game code is different or something.
Which one should I be running and what is the difference between 0.5T, 0.5Q and 0.5U I think I have seen.
Be helpful if I can enable a friend to join me on 0.5Q version.

Thanks
you should be running 0.5U as that is the latest installment of LFS...0.5t and 0.5q are old versions of the game...1

Quote :One is 0.5T and takes me about two minutes to load up because I got in a muddle with the installation procedure and and have to extract it from WINRAR every time but it runs OK after that.

not sure i understand this.. why do you have to extract it everytime from the winrar? Simply make a folder and extract all fo the contents of the winrar file into it.. then simply run the lfs.exe to play and you should only have to do this once

LFS itself doesn't install like many other games, you simply extract and play....
#3 - Bean0
I'm pretty sure you are going to need version U to play online nowadays as this is the version most servers are running.

To install LFS, simply unzip the file you download. There is no installer as such.

If I were you I would download the newest full version (U) from www.liveforspeed.net, then unzip it to your hard drive. Navigate to the folder you have unzipped to and right click LFS.exe, then select Send To > Desktop to create a shorcut to run the game.

To apply patches in the future, it's just a case of extracting the patch .zip file into the LFS folder and overwriting existing files.
Thanks Beano and madman, I will try to get the U version fully and finally onto my machine. How I manage to have a 60-second long procedure to get the opening credits to show up is a long, confusing and unhelpful convoluted chapter of accidents. I only know that somehow its the only way I can get it to work but I have had endless problems trying to download someone's setups or skins or the ghostcar addon.
Following "technical instructions" on a simple procedure like getting LFS installed and running seems to get me in a cold sweat and palpitations. (Just don't get behind me in a race, you'll see what I mean) If something works I stick with it although its not the best way to do it!!
Anyway, thnks again.
Once more into the breach, dear friends.......
#5 - Bean0
Quote from peejayh :Thanks Beano and madman, I will try to get the U version fully and finally onto my machine. How I manage to have a 60-second long procedure to get the opening credits to show up is a long, confusing and unhelpful convoluted chapter of accidents. I only know that somehow its the only way I can get it to work but I have had endless problems trying to download someone's setups or skins or the ghostcar addon.
Following "technical instructions" on a simple procedure like getting LFS installed and running seems to get me in a cold sweat and palpitations. (Just don't get behind me in a race, you'll see what I mean) If something works I stick with it although its not the best way to do it!!
Anyway, thnks again.
Once more into the breach, dear friends.......

It really is a simple task to get LFS installed, if you have any questions or need a shove in the right direction add me on MSN.
I'm girding up my loins in order to do this, Beano, if I hit problems you may be hearing from me. Thanks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG