The online racing simulator
Live For Speed on macOS 14 (Sonoma) -- Working.
Just a heads up, with WWDC going on you can get games that normally only run in Windows running on macOS should you be running the Sonoma macOS 14 beta. You also need to have Xcode 15 (and no other version of Xcode installed), the command line tools installed, and an Apple Developer account so you get access to the Game Porting Kit. After you've done all that they have instructions on building Wine from source using Homebrew and their Rosetta 2 layer to convert x86_64 programs to arm64. I've done all of that and I got Live For Speed working in about an hour on a MacBook Pro M2 Max. Frame rate is a little stutters here and there but it's working and I didn't have to pay Crossover to run it (Although I do have a lifetime license for that as well).

For what it's worth, the first lunch of the game is very slow from loading the textures, and subsequent lunches too. But once it's in the menu everything is pretty quick from that point forward. The GPU is reported as an NVIDIA 8800, and I find that really funny given how much Apple and nVidia hate each other. FPS is around 30-40 @ 1080p. It's fine, enough to get some LFS time in on a laptop that otherwise wouldn't be able to run it. I'd say this is a win. I also unlocked S3 on this, and that process went fine as well.
#2 - gu3st
Yes they've basically built their own Proton (with a bunch of patches to Wine) which also does D3D to Metal translation.

It's a really cool initiative. After my current work project this week I'm gonna upgrade my MBP to Sonoma and test it out. I don't dare try it on my Macbook Air.

Some warning is that the intent for it is to let devs see how their game could run on macOS before doing porting work. The expectation isn't that it's a finished system or even production ready. Devs still are supposed to to do the porting stuff but for this kind of stuff it's neat.
30 fps at 1080p on M2 Max seems really bad.. hopefully it's just extremely unoptimized in early betas, and will become significantly faster by the time final release of Sonoma is out.
#4 - gu3st
Quote from Cutie pie :30 fps at 1080p on M2 Max seems really bad.. hopefully it's just extremely unoptimized in early betas, and will become significantly faster by the time final release of Sonoma is out.

It's still a huge leap from what you get from normal Wine. 5-10 FPS at best.

LFS supporting D3D9 probably doesn't help as most of the work on things have been for DX11/DX12. macOS also forces vSync so the 30 FPS could still be >30FPS but synced to 30.
Quote from gu3st :It's still a huge leap from what you get from normal Wine. 5-10 FPS at best.

LFS supporting D3D9 probably doesn't help as most of the work on things have been for DX11/DX12. macOS also forces vSync so the 30 FPS could still be >30FPS but synced to 30.

Have you tried recently with the final version of Sonoma?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG