The online racing simulator
Nortz RBF9 (Sport Coupe SUV)
This time we decided to create an Coupe SUV with a sporty proposal, the same size as the Porsche Macan for example, with a focus on dynamics.

Despite being something fictitious, the project would be a modern car, to be launched these days, so it would be a Hybrid, with a 2.5 V6 Turbo engine from the newly available XRT2, combined with an electric one, generating about 400 bhp.

We want to create another version, probably with a 2.0 4-cylinder also hybrid, and a Cross version. The project is being called Nortz RBF9 (RB as it is a four-wheel drive project like the old RB4, and will have references in the design to remember it, but we are not creating it to be its replacement, just "honor it with some references).

The drawing below is one of the first initial sketches. Of course, a lot can and should change.

We intend this to be our most elaborate mod, we are learning every day, but that's our intention. Smile
Attached images
20220725_121117.jpg
#2 - lfsrm
Interesting, I m curious how are you going to integrate the hybrid powertrain since LFS doesn't support yet such engine configuration
Quote from lfsrm :Interesting, I m curious how are you going to integrate the hybrid powertrain since LFS doesn't support yet such engine configuration

The "Hybrid System" I mean if the car were real, it would certainly adopt this type of powertrain, in the world we live in today.

But I created a curve with a lot of torque at low rpm (you don't need to raise the revs to more than 1,400 rpm to ride civilly) and applied it to a "prototype" in the LFS. It is a way of simulating an "electric motor" that would operate at low speed.

In this simulation I got 18.6 km/l of fuel consumption (based on the kilometers I traveled and the amount spent, which the LFS informs) at Whesthill, not exceeding 80 km/h, and respecting the stops.

As for the design, we are advancing in the modeling, the idea is that it will be something different, an SUV coupe with its own identity (and of course, my fictional brand), with lots of luxury items.

The good thing is that we are learning more and more about modeling. Soon pictures of what it looks like so far.
Quote from Flayer :The "Hybrid System" I mean if the car were real, it would certainly adopt this type of powertrain, in the world we live in today.

But I created a curve with a lot of torque at low rpm (you don't need to raise the revs to more than 1,400 rpm to ride civilly) and applied it to a "prototype" in the LFS. It is a way of simulating an "electric motor" that would operate at low speed.

Try electric motor sound as gearbox sound on top of that. Maybe u achieve hybrid like sound ;p
Quote from versiu :Try electric motor sound as gearbox sound on top of that. Maybe u achieve hybrid like sound ;p

It's a good idea! I'll do some tests Smile
Project updates:

Modeling is progressing, and this is what he looks like so far (see GIF). Its size was a little larger than expected, close to the dimensions of a BMW X4.
We are finishing the outside and already designing the inside. There will be many command screens, such as a large multimedia, individual digital controls for air conditioning, digital control for heating and cooling of seats, digital instrument panel, in addition to a digital control on the roof, for opening the sunroof. Let's try to put as many textures as the pixel limit allows Big grin

In physics I had already started work long before the car modelling, with a "prototype" of the RB4 higher off the ground and larger. The suspension is robust while the SUV was pleasant to drive in curves, with enough firmness and stability to balance almost 2 tons of weight.

More details coming soon!
Attached images
Notz RBF9.gif
Hello friends!

I bring some information about the project and some pictures of how it is so far Smile

The lighting is almost ready, I'm doing some tests and adjustments. Some details are missing from the bodywork (like logos and names, possibly in 3d). The interior we are still putting together, testing combinations to see what looks best.

More updates soon Big grin
Attached images
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
not really a fan of the gigantic grill in front to be honest
Quote from johneysvk :not really a fan of the gigantic grill in front to be honest

The idea is to be different. It was a design made entirely from scratch, without precise inspiration. The world is full of similar cars Smile
After a lot of work, this is how he is so far! It's already gone to Review, but there are still a few small things to get right Smile
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
12.jpg
Looks pretty good for a modern car. Good work!
Quote from ivo_drifta :Looks pretty good for a modern car. Good work!

Thanks! towards the next projects Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG