The online racing simulator
Quote from Evolution_R :I've attached whl file (inside the zip) of the two color rim I meant - just put it in LFS_EDITOR\data\whl\ and load it from LOAD WHL.
I meant two color rims, not only two color border / whole rim. Smile

But this is my own preference. If you don't like this style, it's ok. Big grin

I think I will just offer the three customization options, rims ring and back and the front spoke.

There is also an issue with LOD3 which doesn't fit the body shape very well.

I will fix all of those when I get back from work

Quote from ivancsx :setup wise, there's Traction control available, but why it turned off by default?

might consider to turn it on as default instead? anyway great car handling ! feels good to hotlapping at Rockingham definitely 5 stars rating for this !

I thought it could be better to offer the option since this car is from an era where ESP started to be pretty much standard, why it's turned off by default ? well that was my personal preference since it's way more rewarding to drive with the thing off.

Thank you for the feedbacks.
very nice and beautiful Thumbs up (as expected Big grin Big grin )
Physics wise, for the engine I would see more the car having a redline at 7500 or 8000 rpm. I know LFS original cars (fictional ones) have a quite high redline, but sounds a bit fantasy to have 9000 in a small gti car Smile
Regarding the base setup (not to race), I made some quick testing and by softening the springs/arb, getting a bit more ride height, less camber, a shorter 1st gear (road car Tongue ) and a basic viscous lsd (open diff not really good with current physics), it feels very cool Tilt Petals. Brilliant !
Just tried the car, first of all, nice work ! Thumbs up

Physics wise I feel like the car is way too powerful and grippy for what I'm thinking it should be.
As Flotch said, I think the redline should be toned down to 7000 rpm, and max power to 130/140 bhp. I played with the car with a 12-14% power restriction and it felt more fun and realistic to drive.
I agree that the car should have the option to disable the TC, but I feel like the stock setup should have it enabled, with an agressive 5% max slip allowed, just like a car like this would have out of the factory.
As for the grip, I felt the car was more appropriate with the "NORMAL" tires suited on instead of the "SUPER"

Anyways, looking forward to try out the evolution, keep up the good work mate Thumbs up

EDIT: Small thing visually, I feel like the car is really large, but looking at the dimensions in game, it seems to be around 1.72/1.74m so same width as a 2012 Peugeot 208. Maybe it's the mirrors ? They seems really small Uhmm

EDIT2: I also feel like having a trailing arm for the rear suspension (just like the original XFG has) would fit more the econobox hatchback from this era, and still used on this type of car to this day.
Quote from nacim :Just tried the car, first of all, nice work ! Thumbs up

Physics wise I feel like the car is way too powerful and grippy for what I'm thinking it should be.
As Flotch said, I think the redline should be toned down to 7000 rpm, and max power to 130/140 bhp. I played with the car with a 12-14% power restriction and it felt more fun and realistic to drive.
I agree that the car should have the option to disable the TC, but I feel like the stock setup should have it enabled, with an agressive 5% max slip allowed, just like a car like this would have out of the factory.
As for the grip, I felt the car was more appropriate with the "NORMAL" tires suited on instead of the "SUPER"

Anyways, looking forward to try out the evolution, keep up the good work mate Thumbs up

EDIT: Small thing visually, I feel like the car is really large, but looking at the dimensions in game, it seems to be around 1.72/1.74m so same width as a 2012 Peugeot 208. Maybe it's the mirrors ? They seems really small Uhmm

EDIT2: I also feel like having a trailing arm for the rear suspension (just like the original XFG has) would fit more the econobox hatchback from this era, and still used on this type of car to this day.

It's true that it feels more planted than what some of you people expected, the thing is a car doesn't feel the same when drove near its limit, which also reveal its flaws, and since I m not really good at stressing out a car, I thought having a "too balanced" specs as a first version and as a base to start with and try to make a little bit more sensational down the road (with people inputs), without scarifying how it handle as it's supposed to be a well balanced GTI.

I think you are right, now that I checked other similar car, the rear suspension type doesn't make sense.

I really want to keep the power output as it is, but before any final decision I need to try the thing with the changes first.

And don't get me started about the body proportions Big grin, there is so many mistakes I made, especially with the interior, one of them is what you mentioned already, that "too large" impression, it's because the inside body panels aren't "stuffed" enough, side parts of the interior lack thickness, plus there is some elements that need to be enlarged... but that's something I want to correct for my next projects.

and the front side windows are too large too Big grin.

Anyway, thanks for the inputs, I will try to mess up with the physics a little bit more. Thumbs up
OMG this car desing represents modern XFG generation so well but I think it's a slighty to big. Look how small driver is compared to interior and seat.
I know that cars growth over generations but not that much.
Quote from versiu :OMG this car desing represents modern XFG generation so well but I think it's a slighty to big. Look how small driver is compared to interior and seat.
I know that cars growth over generations but not that much.

The car general dimensions are fine (compared to other small hatchbacks), it's the car width around the windows/pillars area that are a bit too large, that's why I should've gave some more thickness to the interior panels and narrowed the whole top of the car when I started this project.

it's fascinating how interiors ergonomics expose all the flaws of exterior design !
Hey great job!:

#The front indicator left is yellow
#Too much power
#Force feedback error probably caster angle
#I'm not in love with the car's sound

But I love the concept!
Quote from NENE87 :Hey great job!:

#Too much power
#Force feedback error probably caster angle
#I'm not in love with the car's sound

But I love the concept!

Hi, thanks for your feedback

1 - strange, I will see what's up with that
2 - do you find it hard to drive ? Or it's just a personal opinion?
3 - how? Does the ffb feels weird ? Could you be more precise about that if you don't mind?
4 - that's one tricky subject, sound in general is very setup dependent, for me personally I wanted to stay as far as possible from "racy" or aggressive engine sound, since I can't really control how it sounds at higher rpm, unless you go full bang with it and make it sound like a race car, I mean it's hard for me to give nuances to the engine sound with the actual lfs sound engine (eg: quieter at lower rpm, screamy at higher rpm).
Front caster should be angled between -2 and -6,5, if it’s a positive number, your FFB works reversed
Quote from timdecnodder :Front caster should be angled between -2 and -6,5, if it’s a positive number, your FFB works reversed

Oh I see, I had no clue, thanks for the explanation.
Quote from timdecnodder :Front caster should be angled between -2 and -6,5, if it’s a positive number, your FFB works reversed

This got me confused, original LFS cars are using positive caster, not negative. Uhmm

For example XR GT:
Attached images
Capture.JPG
My bad, i switched it around 🤦‍♂️
I updated the mod with some of you guys suggestions, could anyone test if the FFB feels any different ?

Quote from NENE87 :Hey great job!:

it looks yellowish when it faces the sun/light position, you can notice the correct color under shadowy area.

I have no idea why it renders like that, if there were a shader with less specular maybe I could fix this problem.
The front indicator left is yellow you can fix the "color" on lfs editor, maybe some tris is yellow?
#Too much power i think the engine has too much torque, i lost grip on each corner (try my KRT CR mod you probalbylostgripon each corner too ^^)
#Force feedback error probably caster angle I feel too much the torque when i push the gaz on curves :/
#I'm not in love with the car's sound can i send you a proposition?Can i take a look on the engine in LFS editor?

Here a vw polo engine 1800 spec for help Wink
https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/Volkswagen/1244/Volkswagen-Polo-4-(9N3)-3-doors-GTI-18T.html

sorry for my bad english
Quote from NENE87 :The front indicator left is yellow you can fix the "color" on lfs editor, maybe some tris is yellow?
#Too much power i think the engine has too much torque, i lost grip on each corner (try my KRT CR mod you probalbylostgripon each corner too ^^)
#Force feedback error probably caster angle I feel too much the torque when i push the gaz on curves :/
#I'm not in love with the car's sound can i send you a proposition?Can i take a look on the engine in LFS editor?

Here a vw polo engine 1800 spec for help Wink
https://www.ultimatespecs.com/car-specs/Volkswagen/1244/Volkswagen-Polo-4-(9N3)-3-doors-GTI-18T.html

sorry for my bad english

Yes of course, you can do whatever you want with the engine sound, just keep in mind this is still a GTI, a civilian car that is supposed to sound somehow sporty without going overboard.

I double checked the left and right indicators mesh colors, everything seems fine ( the mesh color is white ), there is nothing I can do for now unless if I just apply an orange color to the base mesh, which is not something I want for the front/rear light style to be honest :s.

Are you using a Direct drive wheel ? I changed the caster value in the latest version, it didn't improve the ffb feels ?
Quote from lfsrm :...just apply an orange color to the base mesh, which is not something I want for the front/rear light style to be honest...

You can add a duplicate for l_rind called l_rind1 (both the mesh and the map), which will overlap l_rind when the turn lights are off. Works for all lights (l_find, l_rind etc.).

When off - will use l_rind1 and when on - will use l_rind, but both should share the same page (texture).
l_rind1 can be red, and the l_rind can be yellow (only when on).
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
Capture.JPG
0.png
1.png
Quote from Evolution_R :You can add a duplicate for l_rind called l_rind1 (both the mesh and the map), which will overlap l_rind when the turn lights are off. Works for all lights (l_find, l_rind etc.).

When off - will use l_rind1 and when on - will use l_rind, but both should share the same page (texture).

oh interesting, thanks for the tips.
Quote from Evolution_R :You can add a duplicate for l_rind called l_rind1 (both the mesh and the map), which will overlap l_rind when the turn lights are off. Works for all lights (l_find, l_rind etc.).

I tried your trick but it doesn't work ingame for obscure reason, which is surprising since it shows a completely different result in the editor.

seems like LFS doesn't like white indicators, I guess I will just change the texture color to orange and be done with it.

EDIT : I had to restart the game for it to finally load the texture, but still the result is totally different than what I have in the editor :

Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000030.jpg
lfs_00000031.jpg
Try this sound if you want Wink The physic is really better now!
Attached files
LS_gti nex sound.eng - 272.1 KB - 194 views
Hi, can you try this alternate engine?

You can see here the difference between mass of XF gti and LS gti, maybe it can help to improve physics? Wink

here the difference between your engine and my alternate engine:
your:

mine:
Attached images
ls gti-xfgti.jpg
ls gtiv006 engine_minimize torque.jpg
ls gtiv006 engine.jpg
Attached files
LS_GTI ALTERNATE ENGINE_Nex_.eng - 272.1 KB - 196 views
Quote from NENE87 :Hi, can you try this alternate engine?

You can see here the difference between mass of XF gti and LS gti, maybe it can help to improve physics? Wink

here the difference between your engine and my alternate engine:
your:

mine:

thanks for the sound engine, I will just use yours and credit you with the next WIP update.

Could I ask you why you think a higher idle rpm is better with this engine configuration ?
I feel that's more reactive maybe 1450-1500 if 1750 is too much higher? But this is just my feeling, i don't know if it's real.
yeah i know, that's not the color of petronas ^^
Attached images
Myskin2.jpg
Myskin.jpg
[Chimay < 3] Tilt
Before driving, it's better. Big grin
Nice skin. Thumbs up
Quote from lfsrm :The car general dimensions are fine (compared to other small hatchbacks), it's the car width around the windows/pillars area that are a bit too large, that's why I should've gave some more thickness to the interior panels and narrowed the whole top of the car when I started this project.

it's fascinating how interiors ergonomics expose all the flaws of exterior design !

I understand the comment from versiu : when you put the xf2 next to current LFS cars : it looks very huge Smile

Anyway, the changes done are very good Thumbs up , the car feels nicer, even if the base setup makes it quite brutal by losing the back (clutch pack lsd is increasing the thing). Anyway, as expected, it looks beautiful ... this and the RB4 2.0 are clearly beauties ! Can't wait to have the graphical updates on the tracks to admire these !!
Attached images
lfs_00000122.jpg
lfs_00000121.jpg
lfs_00000120.jpg

XF2 ? (slightly newer XFG replacement)
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG