FORMULA 60
(22 posts, started )
FORMULA 60
Vehicle mod: FORMULA 60
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/18CF01

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :slow but fun open wheeler

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Mod is far from being finished. Still needs a lot of texture work and driving re-touches.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Mod looks great, excited to see it finished! Once you've got the textures sorted out this will be super fun to race.
Quote from Cimanu :Nice! It needs the engine to match the model though!

It's a formula Vee, should have the engine and gearbox from a beetle. 1300cc air cooled flat 4.

They make around 85hp in race trim.

https://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/formula-vee.htm

https://www.750mc.co.uk/ugc-1/1/1/0/2021_formula_vee_-_final_regs.pdf

The regulation docs above will have the allowed gearboxes and ratios too if useful Wink

Wheel and tyre sizes are within that too.

It is weird that the mod is showing 3 cil since i exported it with 4..

I followed an old document for engine specs ( http://www.formulaveeusa.org/books_files/Getting_Started_In_Formula_Vee.pdf ) and for tyre sizes i used standar car size. But definitely gonna see that. ty for the feedback Smile
Engine no textures :/
Magnificent handling! I like this thing
Two sentences from the site credited that caught my eye:

"I make no claims of ownership on any of the work, it is merely what I have converted and/or changed to my liking, and then I share it on the blog because why not?"

"Model probably started in GSE judging by the quality.
I spruced it up a bit, chopped off the towers, and added pushrods, etc."

I hate to say this, but these things make me wonder the legality of this mod. GSE in this context i think means "Game Stock Car Extreme", a game by Reiza Studios.
I have the same worries as niko, hopefully it's all legit though because I love a formula vee
Update progress
It's been a while since the last update and that's because i want to do a big last update and claim it finished. Changes made so far for the next version are:

.- Engine changed from 2t to 4t. Since the beetle engine is not two stroke.
.- Smoothen tris, now is not (that) low poly. Thanks to latvian to showing me that lol
.- SKINS!!!! I've made a Pro-Kit type template with wireframe and blackmask for skin making. Probably gonna add some default skins to the mod.
.- Fixed the collision box. Now i added the wheels to the collision.

----

Now i need to figure out a nice engine sound since the engine is diferent and sounds more beefier, finish some skins and the mod will be no longer a WIP.

Some photos of the progress:
Attached images
lfs_00000101.png
lfs_00000104.png
lfs_00000106.png
lfs_00000107.png
lfs_00000035.png
template.png
Been driving it a bit this morning Smile A lot of fun, but hard to keep it on the asphalt… some lift off oversteer and it has a tendency to spin as soon as you look at a corner… could be setup or driver error though hehe… The (front) suspension could use a bit of ‘beefing up’, it looks like the wheels are attached with wire thin rods…
Quote from Sponge :Been driving it a bit this morning Smile A lot of fun, but hard to keep it on the asphalt… some lift off oversteer and it has a tendency to spin as soon as you look at a corner… could be setup or driver error though hehe… The (front) suspension could use a bit of ‘beefing up’, it looks like the wheels are attached with wire thin rods…

That overteer is fixed once you heat up the tires. But i know that is caused by the rear suspension setup, i have to figure out how to fix it because i dont know much about suspensions yet.

Ty for the feedback Smile
Quote from Sponge :Been driving it a bit this morning Smile A lot of fun, but hard to keep it on the asphalt… some lift off oversteer and it has a tendency to spin as soon as you look at a corner… could be setup or driver error though hehe… The (front) suspension could use a bit of ‘beefing up’, it looks like the wheels are attached with wire thin rods…

It's pretty easy to drive not sure what u doing
Lovely to drive.
It is great fun, just as said the rear suspension feels off and the car is virtually indestructible, i have to try really hard to even make a dent in the suspension. I wonder if that could be changed somehow? It is formula car after all and these usually are fragile.
Awesome car to drive, thanks for this! Thumbs up
Excellent car very interesting to race.
It would.be nice if the collision box was made tighter though. You cannot put something between wheels and it would rock for closed racing!
Quote from loopingz :Excellent car very interesting to race.
It would.be nice if the collision box was made tighter though. You cannot put something between wheels and it would rock for closed racing!

I tried to do that making the wheels as squares on the collision box but it feels weird. Also it exceeds the tris limit Frown
Oh I see too bad... Looks like Lfs is limiting then...
Yeah, it looks like you spent a lot of tris on the engine model, oh that is unfortunate Frown

I think it is worth simplifying it, you did a great job with the mod in general and I'm sure it took a lot of time to create it in such details, but compromises must be made.
This mod is fun to driveOmg omg omg.Also called formula vee

FORMULA 60
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG