Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/CA4379

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Compact car with rear wheel drive

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Incredible 68 horsepower

Less than 1 ton

Rear wheel drive

COVER SCREENSHOT:
The steering wheel feels a bit off centered. The car feels amazing, it's nice to see a chevette in the game
Quote from takashi_fujimoto :The steering wheel feels a bit off centered. The car feels amazing, it's nice to see a chevette in the game

thanks, when i get back on the computer i will check this, i also ended up forgetting to put the stabilizer bars in this first version.
#4 - P V L
Opel Kadett C. Thumbs up Nice to have after so many mods these days are just packed with horses. Nod
Shouldn't the rear number plate should be yellow like the standard LFS cars?
Quote from PeterN :Shouldn't the rear number plate should be yellow like the standard LFS cars?

I did this to look like the new plates in Brazil, which are also white.

Possible to have a version who is matched with XFG and XRG Big grin??
#8 - BeNoM
Quote from PeterN :Shouldn't the rear number plate should be yellow like the standard LFS cars?

No.
Quote from rog_nilsson :Possible to have a version who is matched with XFG and XRG Big grin??

I still intend to update some things in this base version, when I think it's good I'll make a version 2 more versions, one just more powerful and one for drift.
Epic mod so far!

Attached a simple skin template made for this car!

And a first skin with it:
Attached files
CA4379_TemplatebyRockClan.psd - 15.9 MB - 279 views
Quote from rockclan :Epic mod so far!

Attached a simple skin template made for this car!

And a first skin with it:

I updated the car, put a default skin, later put the wireframe here to help with the skins.
this car is cool, but it need perhaps a Racing version with a little more power.
i would be really happy to race this car in the best online racing simulation ever
Just tried this 1st time this eve. Great work. Not far off official car quality.

Thanks!
DL link?
Here's some media from yesterday's race featuring this car - 40 cars were standing on grid.

(a little advertisement Tongue )

Full broadcast of SimBroadcasts.tv:

With low power and simple handling this car is well suited for mass pack racing,Aston/Kyoto might result in more side-by-side action. Being slower than slowest LFS standard car UF1,it's well suited as beginners racing car to learn basic handling of rear wheel drive car.

Model still have some downsides though (besides the disapearing front wheels bug - note about this car is at the bottom of post) - the biggest is visible with bright colors,where the empty engine bay shines through front openings,while another minor thing is noticable when closing up to door gaps - inconsistency which part is skinned and which not. Also the skin mapping is a bit difficult to understand - a proper kit might solve that.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
I was watching the race on Sim Broadcasts yesterday and really got eager to try this car. I was a bit hesitant at first when I heard about the car (before watching the race) but watching this car go around and now having tried it myself, I’m completely hooked on it Smile It’s very fun to drive, pretty stable but when the rear does step out, it’s easy to catch again Smile

I also made a simple skin for it Smile “NASCAR inspired” with the big numbers on the sides and roof to give it a bit of a historical look.
Attached images
05A7C673-8194-4A92-9B3E-798DD5C195E1.jpeg
28416247-C73D-4287-9831-DCFF73F1227D.jpeg
The COG of the car is way too low, it's closer to formula cars than real life road cars. Also suspension is a bit off. It also still has the bug with the disappearing front tyres.
Quote from fatalunfair :The COG of the car is way too low, it's closer to formula cars than real life road cars. Also suspension is a bit off. It also still has the bug with the disappearing front tyres.

I'm going to check if I can find the actual center of gravity data to make some adjustments, and the front suspension issue I still haven't found a way to fix.
Quote from fatalunfair :The COG of the car is way too low, it's closer to formula cars than real life road cars. Also suspension is a bit off. It also still has the bug with the disappearing front tyres.

I tried to fix these things, then test the newer version to see if it improved.
About the suspension bug, I agree that LFS shouldn't allow this to happen, but I think it is caused by faulty suspension geometry.

This front double wishbone suspension is taller on the inner points than the outer points, so when the suspension is compressed, it gets more positive camber. It's the opposite of what double wishbone suspension should do. When double wishbone suspension is compressed, camber should become more negative. The effect is to keep the wheel more vertical when the car leans.

To fix this, the upper pivot and lower pivot should have less distance between them, compared with the corresponding points on the object that the wheel is connected to. Please tell me if my explanation doesn't make sense.

I was trying for a short while to find if this car really has such advanced suspension anyway, but can't find an answer so far. I believe Macpherson strut is more common (cheaper / more compact). But that is not to say that this car shouldn't have double wishbone - I just couldn't find it.
Quote from Scawen :I was trying for a short while to find if this car really has such advanced suspension anyway, but can't find an answer so far. I believe Macpherson strut is more common (cheaper / more compact). But that is not to say that this car shouldn't have double wishbone - I just couldn't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOOrX08fmEA

Here's a disassembling video of a C Kadett front suspension (this is the same car as chevrolet chevette of same era)

In fact i can also claim even the RWD Ladas have a double wishbone front suspension setup, i can tell from experience as i changed the front axle beam for a car i used to own Big grin

---

As for the mod itself, i can't say i like this too much. We raced this thing in the RTFR season opener, and the whole day i had a feeling that the car isn't as manoveurable as it should be. Hitting the kerbs in Rockingham felt like there was a collision box in front of the tyre, plus steering the car around felt like there was 2 tons of excessive weight on top of the 888 kilos that it should weigh. It's an iconic car to us europeans too, so it would be great to see this thing in it's proper condition. Model itself is great apart from problems already mentioned, altough you should really consider changing the real life brands with something inspirational or existing LFS "fake" sponsors.
Thanks for the image and video, that seems like proof! Smile

I wish I could see a direct front view of the wishbones and attachment points. I can't see anything there that supports my assertion about the geometry.

The updated Shark doesn't seem to have vanishing wheels, but the wheels still lean out (more positive camber) as the car is pressed lower - that seems wrong to me but I would be interested to be proved wrong. Smile
This is the suspension view, I just checked some things to fix in Shark C, the suspension at default height seems to be a little high, I will fix this and update soon.

Attached images
Desktop Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 11.10.23.54.png
I made a few more adjustments, I'll wait for the staff's assessment to find out if I should modify more or the suspension is now good.

Attached images
Live For Speed Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 13.03.09.00.png

SHARK C
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG