MASTER RACE KART
(10 posts, started )
MASTER RACE KART
Vehicle mod: MASTER RACE KART
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/DA066D

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Indoor kart with twice (or more) the horsepower

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Based on a indoor kart but with bigger engine, more horsepower and more fun!

COVER SCREENSHOT:
how load this mod?
Now its possible to make skins for the Kart. Enjoy!
Attached images
DA066D_blackmask.jpg
DA066D_default.jpg
DA066D_wireframe.jpg
Attached files
master race kart.psd - 8.5 MB - 280 views
I was doing a "Westhill" skin but found some possible problems with the skin template:
The front "windscreen" panel shares the same graphic on outside and inside.
Anything that is painted on the outside, also appears on the inside (mirrored)

Is it possible to make the parts more "connected" on the skin template?
Just the vertical parts of the sidepods are three seperate areas. (front, side, end)
Also they are not lined up on the skin: If you want to paint a line across the sidepod then you can not simply draw one line across all surfaces.
Same with the bumpers. I am not 100% certain but it seems the areas also have different stretching?
Attached images
lfs_00000048.jpg
lfs_00000047.jpg
DA066D_westhillWIP.jpg
Thanks for the reply! Im still learning how to map the skins correctly and the best way for artists to be able to make them.
I've remmaped the entire skin and fixed that issue with the windscreen mirroring the outside.
Hopefully its better and easier now, tell me what you think Big grin
Attached images
DA066D_blackmask.jpg
DA066D_wireframe.jpg
Something is wrong with the skin mapping again.
There is no "generate skin template" button ingame. When I try to use your attached template (or any other file) it just results in a white kart.
Oh yep, im aware of that. I still had no time to re-template it, since i changed its body shapes. Im planning on doing so this following week.
Thx for remembering anyways Big grin
If you re-do the skinmapping anyways, maybe try to make better all elements as large as possible. There was lots of unused space on the previous template. Larger paintable areas mean higher resolution = better quality.
OK! I'll work on it. I try to make the skin elements as close and scaled as possible, not to worry about stretchings and lines that goes over 2 or more elements needing adjustments on positions (at least not much), so its easier to skin. Thx for the feedback

MASTER RACE KART
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG