The online racing simulator
Simucube 2 wheel and HE pedals - axis conflict (solved), shifter problem still
EDIT2: Curiously while I had the pedals selected I didn't see the brake being activated when not pressed but when all controls are active the brake was on fully when not pressed. I'm not sure if I had set the brake accidentally inverted so just selecting the brake axis as "invert 0" fixed the problem.

Now if I could only shift with the H-shifter.
If I select the Fanatec shifter and assign "wheel buttons" these are then listed from 1-8.
And now if I select other controllers so that all are active the shifter wheel buttons are shown as "none" but when selecting gears I can see buttons 65-72 activating...

I'm not able to get rid of the second y-axis on my Simucube 2 DD wheel that acts as "always on" brake pedal.

I'm also a bit confused about the new(ish?) controller layout that is showing three controllers:
Wheel (Simucube 2 Pro) as a "first person controller"
Pedals (HE Sim Pedals) as a "joystick"
Shifter (Fanatec ClubSport usb adapter (shifter mode)) as an "unknown controller"

I've tried to set the axes by selecting each controller individually but I haven't been able to deselect/deactivate the wheel Y axis (defaults to "middle" 50% joystick value) as it's tied to the pedal axes where the y axis controls the brake.
Also the wheel x-axis might be acting as a secondary clutch...

Although the axes are placed on their own axis number I still can't accelerate in game, it bogs down immediately.

And lastly even though I have set the H-shifter gears the shifter does not work while driving, I can only select gears from the keyboard (not sure if the wheel x-axis prevents the gears from activating).

EDIT: In Assetto Corsa my setup works without problems so the current problem is how LFS reads the settings.
Attached images
LFS controls.PNG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG