The online racing simulator
October Progress Report
(394 posts, closed, started , go to first unread)
Quote from Scawen :...
I'm guessing we won't show anything this weekend, but it would be nice if we could prepare a progress report in mid-December.

with end of year holidays, prepare a test patch instead Tongue Wave
LFS
Quote from Scawen :I haven't asked Eric about that, I've just recently sent him an update with the bloom and various lighting updates. I know he has been working on South City the whole time and I'm sure he'd like to show it soon. I've got some things to finish off. Like today I am trying to get the bloom working properly in VR.

I'm guessing we won't show anything this weekend, but it would be nice if we could prepare a progress report in mid-December.

Thanks for your answer - Then we are looking forward to the middle of december.
There is always a next monday, next 1st of the month and next year. Big grin
After a long absence from LFS (very long!) i'm just checking out this topic.

Night screenshots of BL ... fckin hell! WOW!

I'll force myself out of this for an equally long time, hoping i'll be surprised again.

Nice work devs.
Buy S3 to support them. Smile
Quote from Bose321 :I've heard that the Index is sold out in a few parts of the world because of the new HL game. Seems like there are one or two people that are willing to spend money to sit with a stupid helmet on their head, who would've thought. Smile

The what? Oh this is that thing with towers what Scawen has. Yes, uninteresting. Well you know the difference between buying and using? If something is "sold out" it doesn't say anything about if it's actually being used. A lot of people are like that German guy is doing on his Youtube channel. Buying everything and put it on a shelf for display, wauw, thats useful.

Quote from just2fast :The funny thing is in most of the games you don´t even sit but stand/move Smile

and be in your own isolated world yes, not a good direction for the world to head to

Quote from Bose321 :Call it whatever you want,

No I do no want to be called anything. Especially the Dutch population are world champions in doing that.

I ask a question about how its going with the whole VR situation. Are there any significant developments, the answer is no.. And I even had to answer my own question. Typical.
I guess it's a difference in what you call significant. The resolution and tracking has improved a LOT, which are the two main factors in VR. So if you don't call that significant, well then it's obvious you don't get it.

Do you really think most people buy a super expensive VR kit like the Index and just let it sit a shelf? Haha come on. You're obviously negative about VR, but now you're just talking nonsense. Let's just say you don't like it, there's no reasoning with you about it.

Looking forward to some nice news in December somewhere! I would love seeing South City! Big grin
Yeah, VR is coming along. There is a definite problem with resolution in the old headsets I have (when I look into the distance) and I don't really find them comfortable.

The development is a gradual process of improvement in resolution, field of view and comfort. Hopefully price too! There's no reason to get VR if you aren't particularly interested and I don't think I've ever tried to suggest that anyone *should* get it. It's simply a really super thing that can be quite breathtaking and is gradually getting better.

Like Ronnie O'Sullivan leaning on the virtual snooker table in that video I posted, every time I lean to the left I want to put my hand on the passenger seat that I can see but isn't really there!
Finally heard another good news for LFS
More things to come and more power LFS Devs!
"Like Ronnie O'Sullivan leaning on the virtual snooker table in that video I posted, every time I lean to the left I want to put my hand on the passenger seat that I can see but isn't really there!"

Hehe .... Omg omg omg

I have a seat next to me and my cockpit is close to the XF GTI. It's always a goosebump moment when I drive backwards out of the garage in Blackwood and hold myself in the passenger seat to turn over ..... and when i touch the cockpit.
Attached images
20191130_225433.jpg
20191130_225541.jpg
Quote from Xenix74 :"Like Ronnie O'Sullivan leaning on the virtual snooker table in that video I posted, every time I lean to the left I want to put my hand on the passenger seat that I can see but isn't really there!"

Hehe .... Omg omg omg

I have a seat next to me and my cockpit is close to the XF GTI. It's always a goosebump moment when I drive backwards out of the garage in Blackwood and hold myself in the passenger seat to turn over ..... and when i touch the cockpit.

Wow - that setup is insanely cool! Which car is that interior from?
Quote from Cutie pie :Wow - that setup is insanely cool! Which car is that interior from?

Thx
Opel Corsa
Rofl
Attached images
Opel-Corsa-Cockpit-169FullWidth-fece66b7-852967.jpg
If someday I buy VR (when they are cheaper) it would be because I really want to try it in Live for Speed for the first time.
I bought my first VR helmet was now just 1 year ago for the last BF and I will never forget the emotion when I tryed it for the first time, seeing the car as if you were inside was something indescribable, literally dropped tears before driving even!

Nothing you read or listen will help you get an idea of ​​what VR is, you must try it yourself.
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK : shortned down
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :when they build 3 gorges dam in china and filled water in it. it actually cause the entire planet to tilt a bit more, slowing it down further and faster meaning more violent weather systems.

The three gorges dam didn't make the planet tilt any more. What it did do was move trillions of kilograms of water above sea level, slowing the earths rotation down and making each day of the year 0.6 microseconds longer. I don't see how such a minute difference could have any affect on the weather though...
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Sobis : Eh, useless
-
(THE WIZARD DK) DELETED by THE WIZARD DK : short as can be
no one is going to read your bs wizard, you damn fart
Well that is not a very nice comment from double account holder "False hope".

But the truth is your posts are way too long again, Wizard. On my monitor both of those two posts are two pages high.

I've asked you before, even in this thread, to moderate yourself and avoid making such long posts with all these pictures and videos.

I don't know how I can explain it any more clearly.

Consider this:

1) If you make a post, that is short and to the point, people may take a few seconds out of their day to read it.

2) If you do a really long post that spans multiple pages, they will see it and become instantly irritated. They are very unlikely to read it. They will scroll down below it and in some cases they will report the post.

I wish you would take on board what I am saying. Your posts are:

1) too long
2) too extreme
3) too frequent

Not one or the other of those 3. All of them.

I've kind of had enough now so I'll close the thread. I've got too much to do and don't want to get into a moderating mode. Thank you all for your input and it's good to hear you like the progress and most of you are concerned about the environment too. Wink
This thread is closed

October Progress Report
(394 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG