The online racing simulator
Quote from Siikais1 :This one is still up?
There is another one Smile
look @ chat

We have to just keep adding phrases to server language blacklist to prevent them from coming back.

Pretty annoying, not least that their own users are being cheated, lol

Is there no way someone via external means can forcefully shut down their domain and hosting? Can't something be done, legally or illegally? Surely Scawen can leverage off having some kind of right in owning LFS and its assets and those fiddly copyright stuff that the tweak domain in question is breaching..
Quote from Siikais1 :This one is still up?
There is another one Smile
look @ chat

Thanks, banned secretuser1kk from the master

Quote from MicroSpecV :Is there no way someone via external means can forcefully shut down their domain and hosting? Can't something be done, legally or illegally? Surely Scawen can leverage off having some kind of right in owning LFS and its assets and those fiddly copyright stuff that the tweak domain in question is breaching..

We've written to the hoster and the domain register. I think it was the hoster simply ignored us and the register told us they would only respond to a letter from a lawyer.

Basically they just want money from the people who pay them, and have no care or concern if their services are being used for criminal purposes. It's the same story with that scam we recently noticed. Their hoster has not replied to repeated mails. They just aren't interested, they prefer to keep the customer unless somehow forced.

To do anything that would have any effect would be a lot of time, effort and money, without any guarantee of success. Even if shut down, the criminals would simply set up again with a new name. They would have to be locked up but seriously, that isn't going to happen. No-one really gives a shit if some game developers are losing some money due to pirates.
I'm sorry, but this is not personal.
Hi Scawen,

Could you post that hosts details.

As I'm sure if any legit servers were using it they would change hosts.

Thanks
Simon
another one
see picture below
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
I miss the good ol days where people just advertised crack in the servers
Since reporting the host and domain registrant doesn't help, perhaps those users who have been scammed to "pay to unlock banned account" can post the Lfsp bank account, bank, Paypal or other details here.

Then someone can officially report and get that account and bank holder frozen for fraud or something to stop all this nonsense. Make it a legal case this way, without the trouble of court fees or a lawyer to challenge the domain host.

Better still if someone doxxes the account holder, that way he himself will get police treatment for the fraud he is doing...
Quote from Siikais1 :another one
see picture below

Thanks, banned secretuser2kk

But as a duplicate of the previous one it may well appear again.
If they are using a bot then this will not be resolved anytime soon - see if secretuser3kk comes up...
Could LFS not run the words in an MSO packet through a blacklist before it prints it to screen? It could then do some combination of blocking the message; logging the IP; kicking/banning the user; notifying you for verification; etc.
Quote from Racon :Could LFS not run the words in an MSO packet through a blacklist before it prints it to screen? It could then do some combination of blocking the message; logging the IP; kicking/banning the user; notifying you for verification; etc.

bad idea. Are you ready to write code AI for verification messages? Or think that devs has time to react to this messages?
Quote from MicroSpecV :Since reporting the host and domain registrant doesn't help, perhaps those users who have been scammed to "pay to unlock banned account" can post the Lfsp bank account, bank, Paypal or other details here.

Then someone can officially report and get that account and bank holder frozen for fraud or something to stop all this nonsense. Make it a legal case this way, without the trouble of court fees or a lawyer to challenge the domain host.

Can you explain where is here fraud?

Users to paid money but not got service? May be they was unbanned at cracked servers (who told about LFS master server?)
I would say not fraud but I wonder if Paypal know what they are involved in.
may be no need to react to lfspro now?
How many users online there is?
One of reason why LFS Pereulok is closed it was big online. "We" grew and become big. A little much more time then online in official servers may be less then at LFS Pereulok online. This is wrong.

Attached images
d5c214ce-7367-4507-a68b-7cfe77be3938.jpg
60aa2445-499f-45a7-a35f-1f5e2ad96a85.jpg
Repeat83 reading your post history lol.

Anything to do with cracking you defend.
Quote from simon1234 :Repeat83 reading your post history lol.

Anything to do with cracking you defend.

)) is it your association me with LFSP may be?
I'm not get any side of this war.

My opinion is that all time devs nothing did really for stop cracking.
It is right because is better way is develop game but not war with crackers (lost time no back)
Quote from Racon :Could LFS not run the words in an MSO packet through a blacklist before it prints it to screen? It could then do some combination of blocking the message; logging the IP; kicking/banning the user; notifying you for verification; etc.

Perhaps, maybe Scawen could look into this as an alternative

Lol repeat83, who are you to voice your opinion? We don't really care about you because you support cracking of LFS so much.

Quote from repeat83 :Can you explain where is here fraud?

Users to paid money but not got service? May be they was unbanned at cracked servers (who told about LFS master server?)

When innocent people go onto a pirated service, this is already illegal. When they then get "banned" by wonderful "admins" and then get told to pay cash to be unbanned, that's then fraud and a scam. No?

Quote from repeat83 :may be no need to react to lfspro now?
How many users online there is?
One of reason why LFS Pereulok is closed it was big online. "We" grew and become big. A little much more time then online in official servers may be less then at LFS Pereulok online. This is wrong.

Maybe if the cracking stopped, official LFS would have more user count, no? The numbers are divided and numbers here dwindling they are being provided with a free solution to something.
You guys expect a game to develop without support?
There's very little point to implement word blacklisting, there are always ways to avoid machine-grade blacklists, and in the end they will always start to filter out also legit messages.

This banning after seems to me so far somewhat effective, there's not *that* many cases yet (if somebody is using bots to advert some fishy webpage on forums, it usually generates lot more spam over few days, than these few sore losers using LFS in game chat).

Of course removing the pirate service completely would be nice, but that's not that simle... if even possible. Some people are simply idiots.

About "paypal knows what they are involved in" ... you mean like daily? Over the world? Jesus, I hope they are not, because they would very likely suicide themselves instantly (not because of LFS, but the other stuff). Big grin
I think LFS communities should come together and support the simulator developers even more and report these cases and further promote LFS.
I'm glad there are still leagues in the LFS, but we need more, we also need more cars and more tracks.
Even though the next update for Live For Speed (after its creation) is the addition of more cars and a few more tracks, but this should be tricky for more leagues.

I believe in the potential of Live For Speed, I believe it can grow after an update is being made.

Sorry my english is still bit weak =S
Quote from MicroSpecV :Lol repeat83, who are you to voice your opinion? We don't really care about you because you support cracking of LFS so much.

exactly people who crack game must post own opinion about security of game. people not like you. do you know how game crypt password for authorisation? do you know how unpack code all tracks (as blackwood) and pack back? do you understand how calculate CRC for update files?
people who break game or sofrware can say what need change to make it more security
Quote from MicroSpecV :
Then innocent people go onto a pirated service, this is already illegal.

Can you post Copyright or any docs where is it not acceotable? They bought game and not change it (code) for play any master server. Copyright not violate.
Quote from MicroSpecV :
When they then get "banned" by wonderful "admins" and then get told to pay cash to be unbanned, that's then fraud and a scam. No?

May be this is rules service. Free game but need pay for other things like stupidity.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Maybe if the cracking stopped, official LFS would have more user count, no?

No!
because
Attached images
lfs_stats_after_lfsp_closed.png
We have to forget that it is already past, we have to look to the future.
Yes we have is trying to make Live for Speed grow,create more events, call back old communities and teams.
Just then Live For Speed starts being born again, and the new updates helped a lot
Quote from joaopaulopt :Just then Live For Speed starts being born again, and the new updates helped a lot

only new updates will help
Quote from repeat83 :only new updates will help

That's why they are so important.
The more LFS is active on updates, the better for gameplay because it will always call participants.

Advertising cracked version of LFS in licensed servers v2
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG