The online racing simulator
No, there weren't many graphical changes, just the few listed here:
https://www.lfs.net/patch-6r

I don't think those changes should harm frame rates too much.

But you didn't mention which track you were testing with. The new Blackwood environment is much heavier than the old one with thousands more objects, higher detailed graphics and larger textures and that definitely affects frame rates.
Quote from Scawen :No, there weren't many graphical changes, just the few listed here:
https://www.lfs.net/patch-6r

I don't think those changes should harm frame rates too much.

But you didn't mention which track you were testing with. The new Blackwood environment is much heavier than the old one with thousands more objects, higher detailed graphics and larger textures and that definitely affects frame rates.

nice job!!
Especially the anti aliasing is an issue on low end systems is my experience. Lower car shadows from high->low and reduce AA (8x/4xAA -> 2xAA).
Ok, I was just curious, it appears that my multi player server build will now only run 3, maybe 4, Players close to 60-75fps, but the jittering/stuttering/skipping is so bad now that I am no longer going to pursue it.

I think I remember there being less skipping before the sleep patches... what was the last version before the sleep code started being added? I need to go test that for comparison to make sure. Hopefully it is one of the many copies of LFS versions I still have installed.

As for the single mini PC test, with only an i3 and intel graphics, I can run 1 instance better with this new blackwood, then the old one. And while I could almost run 2 instances at 30-50fps, it cannot even get to 20fps trying 2, but that is not why I have the tiny PC, so it does not matter.

All tests are with BlackWood.

I do have to play with the anti alias and settings to get the Tiny PC to run worth a damn.
But it has less stuttering at lower FPS, then the server and RX480 does, with the RX480 it needs to run at 75 to 100fps or it starts skipping and making me dizzy.

UPDATE:

This project is back on track again, I purchased new computers, updated the other thread about it.
SCAWEN is there a way to have more than one Autoexec.lfs loaded, like the /CFG command line?

If not is there a way to get these to work in the cfg file?

/mp 127.0.0.1 63392
/car FXO
/colour Red
/setup Easy
Hi,

Sorry, if someone has already answered to this but anyway:

I do have one question about this new Blackwood. Why we cannot watch the replays of the races in the old Blackwood (it says Obsolete replay), but we can still watch the replays of the races which were driven on the old Westhill? It just doesn't make sense in my opinion.
Quote from tankslacno :but we can still watch the replays of the races which were driven on the old Westhill?

Maybe because Scawen forgot to disable them? Big grin I mean - it can be hardly considered watching,as the whole geometry is heavily changed and cars just jump around the environment.
Quote from tankslacno :Hi,
Why we cannot watch the replays of the races in the old Blackwood (it says Obsolete replay)

This is easily resolved, since replays are always watched offline; just save a copy of old LFS version in another folder and leave old blackwood mpr files there
/off Had a mini heart-attack right there, seeing the "New Version" thread title Frown Frown
Sry. Smile Frown
Please stop advertising your threads in this topic.
Quote from BeNoM :Please stop advertising your threads in this topic.

Whats wrong with that? He pointed out potentional problem with game?
Why are you even commenting on it then? It semse like you are trying to implement the rules on your own
No he is right, bad forum behavior to advertise topics in another topic.
I did like this instead of copy-paste the entire text... Uh-hu

Btw, this information is for Scawen, not for you guys.
Thank you very much. Big Eye Uh-hu Smile

You're a real moderator.
"Weird drop of framerate" problem solved with a clean installation of the latest S3 version. Now works smoother.

I'm sorry for interrupting.
Ehhhr well.. It has..

"Live For Speed 0.6R Physics Testing" .. Although I have to admit you can easily use LFS 0.5Z or even older for this... Last time physics was updated was before I was born here.
Quote from BIzO :This has nothing to do with the update?

I posted this here because I find it very strange and funny someone to compare LFS with Out Run and Ridge Racer,I disagree with him.
Sorry if this is off topic.
I love RR for it's presentation and Outrun for it's mechanics but to compare them to LFS in terms of driving physics seems just mad.
Still I remember some F1driver saying Codemaster's F1 2010 was a very accurate simulation so nothing surprises me.
Quote from super_gt :I posted this here because I find it very strange and funny someone to compare LFS with Out Run and Ridge Racer,I disagree with him.
Sorry if this is off topic.

His kind of "physic testing" isn't proof of nothing. Obviously going full-steer lock won't make the car oversteer, but understeer *(if going too fast. Otherwise it will slide like in the video)*. Haven't seen a single sim where full-steering lock makes the car lose control, unless it is NFS or other arcade games. And making the car lose control and crash like the user above him posted the video of the GT3 crashing, following how he crashed on AC by onto 1mm of grass and crash, is a common thing on LFS. Obviously the car won't lose control if you full-steer lock the moment it goes onto the grass.

Really, he tried to make LFS look bad, but failed. Physics aren't perfect, obviously, but they are realistic.

New Version 0.6R - Blackwood Update
(239 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG