The online racing simulator
Scawen, btw, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I am in third person view I get FPS drop in the new BLackwood and new WeSThill.
If I switch to any other view (inside view, custom view, 2D view and Cinematic) this problem doesn't happen. Personally I dont find it annoying as I never play on Third Person, but I was wondering what could cause it.

PC Specs in case you want to know:
Intel i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz | 4GB DDR3 | ASUS GeForce GT 440

I can run LFS at really high FPS (100+ fps) on highest settings (except AA and AF, no V-Synce).
Quote from neonmateo :Hi Bob!
Try using other web browsers.
Same thing happened to me when using Chrome then I switched to Mozzila and worked.

That worked! Thank you very much.
hmmm
Interesting developments. 2 new tracks? Count me in.
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Scawen, btw, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when I am in third person view I get FPS drop in the new BLackwood and new WeSThill.
If I switch to any other view (inside view, custom view, 2D view and Cinematic) this problem doesn't happen. Personally I dont find it annoying as I never play on Third Person, but I was wondering what could cause it.

PC Specs in case you want to know:
Intel i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz | 4GB DDR3 | ASUS GeForce GT 440

I can run LFS at really high FPS (100+ fps) on highest settings (except AA and AF, no V-Synce).

Thats bit tricky... When you are in 3rd person more stuff have to be rendered as your car,around your car etc.. By having it first person,there is less stuff to be rendered.
Also try to disable full scene AA (its possible to disable it only in 3rd person (not 100% sure))
Quote from neonmateo :Thats bit tricky... When you are in 3rd person more stuff have to be rendered as your car,around your car etc.. By having it first person,there is less stuff to be rendered.
Also try to disable full scene AA (its possible to disable it only in 3rd person (not 100% sure))

Both Full Scene AA and Mirror Antialiasing are disabled, otherwise it'd explode Tongue.

Ye, I was thinking the same thing, and Im sure it has to do with the new tracks adding backroads (which means more collisions) and etc, as old tracks were just the main track and thats it. I dont find it annoying, but ye, I wanted to know.

EDIT: I was thinking that maybe in 3rd person the view distance is higher than in other views, so it loads more objects/collisions, otherwise it wouldnt have sense that in 3rd person view it lags, but on the inside view it doesn't, as inside view the car is also rendered and the other objects are rendered.
Wishing devs open the bridge and the highway for some looooong drag strip isn't nice everyone?

Interesting development hopefully all S1 and S2 tracks gets updated :3

Thanks devs!
Quick question,

Would someone please be able to upload "LFS\data\shaders" folder for me? The shaders I'm using don't work on 0.6Q10 and I don't have any backups Frown

Edit: Don't worry, a friend sent me the folder Smile
I find it interesting that the new Blackwood highway (the one besides the Straight) is almost larger than the Autocross drag strip.
But ye I agree if the highway could be open for either drag, arab drift or just messing around on it. Or even for cruise.
-
(DReyes03) DELETED by DReyes03
would be awesome if those show you blue and yellow flags too.
Attached images
lfs flag.jpg
Are these cones placed there on purpose? Uhmm
Attached images
cones.jpg
I still can't figure out why the LX VOB file was changed Uhmm
Good job sir, would be amazing a way to adjust turbo power to win some hp!
Quote from geyson :Good job sir, would be amazing a way to adjust turbo power to win some hp!

You registered in 2004 and still a demo user. How?!
Quote :You registered in 2004 and still a demo user. How?!

Was one of my first accounts!
I did spend slightly over 12 hours for layouts...This is annoying because I have to sometimes go to take some sleep, so I can continue and do another layouts for 12 hours...

No issues or any problems found during time, just same thing as on westhill, some tree hitboxes are infinitely tall... hehe

EDIT: I added another replay! This contains probably something you have NEVER seen before! I bet on it!
Attached files
MTDZX-UM21_BL3X_FZ5.spr - 71.6 KB - 500 views
Thanks for the reports. Eric's following the thread and fixing the reported issues.

On the coding side...

Quote from mbutcher :Is this a bug, Scawen?: When you go into Free View via the escape menu, the chat goes slightly transparent. When you go into Free View via shift+u directly, the chat stays opaque.

Good find, I'll have a look at that.

Quote from K0Z3L_43V3R :Tested, yes I'm getting same false IS_OBH packets when driving over kerbs. They all have 0 index.

Thanks, I'll see what's causing this. I guess it's because the kerbs are 3D objects but I suppose they should count as ground rather than objects.

Quote from BeNoM :I still can't figure out why the LX VOB file was changed Uhmm

I fixed the LX vob which had some holes in the lower LOD mesh that caused holes in the shadows. Also there was a stray polygon visible, a lower front part of the roof canvas that was still visible from the inside when the roof was down. It was noticeable in VR.
Oh, cool. Thanks! Smile
Quote from Popughini :When trying to open the server it tells me TCP Socket: bind failed

Normally that is because another server is already using the port (default 63392). Sometimes it hangs on to that port after a server closes, you can't start again for a minute or so with the same port number.

Anyway, make sure no other servers are using the port and you can try another port number.
Same spot has been like this for years. I go OOB when I cross this line, is it meant to be like this?
http://imgur.com/a/0OueJ
Quote from Scawen :Normally that is because another server is already using the port (default 63392). Sometimes it hangs on to that port after a server closes, you can't start again for a minute or so with the same port number.

Anyway, make sure no other servers are using the port and you can try another port number.

That happens on wine almost every time. After closing a server I gotta close all wine programs and wait a bit until I can restart the server.
I found a "bug" regarding the water reflection.
(not really a bug, it's not actually that important after all for the race-sim), but the reflection of the water in the new Blackwood lake (or maybe any water surface) does not represent what's in the sky. It just looks weird, nothing else, so I wanted to make a note here.

Also, since tracks are now being updated and old replays are getting unplayable (my lovely DEMO races on BL1 Big grin ), I thought if it would be possible to make a version of LFS that contains ALL versions of tracks that appeared in LFS over time which would be used primarily for watching replays, so we wouldn't have to install old version of LFS to play them. What do you think?

BTW awesome job with the new Blackwood environment Smile
Attached images
2017-01-25 09-48-00.624.jpg
-
(Aleksandr_124rus) DELETED by Aleksandr_124rus
No bugs to report here and everything looks fantastic, however, I do think the kerb on the exit to the right-hander at he end of the back straight should be flattened.

A lot of people use that runoff to provide space to other drivers on the inside line when exiting that corner, and I've found that those new kerbs can unsettle the car a lot if you get a tyre over them.

In one particular case, I was taking the FBM around to get a feel for it, dropped the left side tyres off the edge of the kerb as normal, and as I moved gradually back onto the track, the rear tyre caught the kerb's back edge and violently flicked the car over into the middle of the track going sideways on two wheels.

It would have meant race over for anyone behind or on the inside line from me. People I would have avoided, given a preference. The track as a whole feels a lot tighter and more dangerous now, but that bit felt a little unnecessarily dangerous...

But that's my only real gripe - the rest of the new kerbs should make things interesting in a good way, I believe.

Another tiny, minor thing; a spectator camera angle on the historic course where the cars have come out of the hairpin and are heading for the new section of track - it's down on the kerb in the chicane, miles from the action and it's only there for a split second, then it switches to the next camera. Just seemed a bit out of place...
Nice update and +1 track demo thank you Smile
What a day, what a lovely day!

Thx devs, great surprise. Na-na
The sectors of BL Rallycross seem to have changed. Slower in sector 1 but faster in sector 2 compared to previous version BL Rallycross.

Will the BL Rallycross stats (LFSW) be deleted ?
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q14 - New Blackwood
(367 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG