The online racing simulator
Sportscar Driving Evolution
(14 posts, started )

The story of SDEv is still short, as the team is still very young.
Founded in August 2014, the original intention was to establish a drivers club in Simraceway, where people learn and teach the art of simracing.
Back then, we participated in every series, we could qualify for and began to organise and host a Mégane Trophy league until the sad development of Simraceway made more and more people leave and look for other playgrounds.
We have had a rather difficult summer 2015, while trying to define the guidelines for our young, yet strongly bonded group. In the end, our strong witted members have established two new divisions. One in rFactor2 and one other in Assetto Corsa.
Now I'm going to represent our noble community in LFS and I'm asking for you to join us.

We are racing basically anything with wheels. Mostly GT and Touring Cars, but also openwheelers and all kinds of funny streetcars.

Our current actively racing members:

Niranjan K. (rF2 Division Head)
Adrian B.

Ross M. (AC Division Head)
"Andybob"

Alex D. (WRC5)

"Tiptoe" (LFS Division Head and team owner)
"MTnRunnr"
"k_badam"
"trademark"

On and off from time to time:
Jyrki I.
Dennis B.

Community members without recent racing activities:

"Mastrorocco"
"lachiasse"
John D.
Darren P.

pending applications:

What we are looking for:

Everybody is welcome, who loves fairplay and respectful competition. We value sportsmanship and do think high of an honest simdriving practice. The latter meaning, to drive stick shift cars with the stick and to avoid any unrealistic help.
Skinning and layouting skills are as welcome as broadcasting and/or writing knowledge, that would help us refine our appearance on track as well as on our website and social media.
Whether you know a lot about racing or drifting and want to pass your knowledge on to your friends, or you are looking for advise and help with your own driving style, the SDEv team shall be the right place for you.

My personal goal with the LFS division is to gain endurance racing experience and to learn more about other driving disciplines like drifitng and rallye crossing.

What we can offer:
  • A neat and modular website with growing functionality and an integrated 5 slot TeamSpeak channel for races and group discussions.
  • A mixed group of drivers from about all skill levels and from all over the world. (USA, Canada, England, Scotland, Germany, Finland, Croatia, Romania, India)
  • An opportunity to influence the development of a still young team, by entering your idea of a simracing community.
  • Serious racing. (We are racing in the Grand Prix Virtual World Championship progression ladder and the Revs UK Clio Touring Championship on rFactor2, the Racedepartment Touring Car Championship on Game Stockcar Extreme and Ross M. even won the SimracingPro BMW M235i Championship 2015 on Assetto Corsa for us.)
If you are interested, have a glimpse in our forum: http://sde-team.enjin.com/forum

In order to apply for the team post a reply to this topic, that lets us know, at which event you would like to have your first race with us and what kind of car/event you would prefer to compete in the future.
Also find the application form on our contact page and submit the full application to be reviewed by the team.
Please, clap your hands for our new member

E. Manelius aka "Firexter"

who will make his debut with SDEv in the Open Endurance Cup, driving the FZ50 GT2 together with me.
lol, another new team for firexter.
Hello all! I don't have a lot of free time, but I am looking for some new racing friends on LFS. I plan to drive in the Open Endurance Cup, unless work interferes. I like the goal of this team and will go fill out an application. I can drive on Sundays, sometimes Mondays, sometimes work gets in the way. I enjoy driving, especially with respectful drivers in competitive racing situations. I enjoy driving most of the LFS cars in many combos. Hope to see you on track, whether I am accepted or not!
Quote from MTnRunnr :Hello all! [...] I like the goal of this team and will go fill out an application. [...]

Sure, go ahead! We're looking forward to learning about your plans in LFS and maybe you'll find yourself a regular training partner soon. (Me, for instance, as I'm going to come online mostly on weekends, too. :-) )
News are coming in quickly, these days...

Firexter already decided to leave us again and has been replaced by.. Wait for it..!

MTnRunnr
and
k_badam
!

Please clap your hands to warmly welcome these two gentlemen to our noble ranks! Big grin
Quote from Tiptoe :
Firexter already decided to leave

Wow... very unexpected plot twist.
Quote from Franky.S :never saw that coming

Schocking news indeed - he was always so trustworthy...
SDEv LFS Academy - We want you, to develop something with us.
Thumbs up You guys are very encouraging, indeed! Big grin

Any of you interested in filling the vacancy?
We've got two co-driver seats to offer in an Open Endurance Cup FZ50 GT1.
Yeah, that's right. We decided to get our butts beat badly, by entering the lions' cage, called GT1...

LFS Academy

We are beginning to take the driver development a bit more serious at SDEv's. Starting with free Demo content at Blackwood GP, the SDEv LFS Academy stage 1 is our team intern attempt to give our members all the support they need, to fully understand the physics, the driving techniques and the car setup, that will allow them to close in on the world record. Being a pretty young team, we'd like to scare those winners a little, in the future. Big grin
The idea of the Academy is to develop our own track guides for the specific car-track combo and discuss the effects of certain setup changes and their benefits for distinct driving styles.
We are using the replay analyser 1.1, to point out ways to improve one's technique and to find out, where those seconds must be hiding, that are keeping one behind.
We are currently concentrating on RWD pavement cruising. That is, taking under examination the XRG in stage 1 and the FBM in stage 2 of our slowly growing academy forum.
But special FWD science and rallye crossing school will follow, according to the needs of our competitive drivers.

The goal is, to put together the knowledge of all our drivers, plus the information, that we can dig from the endlessness of the internet, in order to select and prepare the best parts of it and finally make a method guide for everybody, seeking the rather fast pace with no matter what car he may choose.
Exciting, isn't it? Omg omg omg

Na-na
Join us.
We have fun.
Seriously.

The second round of the Open Endurance Cup wasn't the best race day for us.
k_badam and MTnRunnr both had to retire from the GT1 field early. And I, Tiptoe, was proving my nickname right in the GT2, although I could finish the race with only one pit stop.

We're looking forward to the oncoming rounds, featuring some tracks, that are more of our liking, than the curb rodeo arena, called Blackwood GP reversed.

Stay tuned and apply for a co-driver seat, if you want to!
Quote from Tiptoe :Please, clap your hands for our new member

E. Manelius aka "Firexter"

who will make his debut with SDEv in the Open Endurance Cup, driving the FZ50 GT2 together with me.[/center]

Afterwards, I got actually laughing a lot because as now looking more on these topics, I see no one did really ever clap their hands any single time for Firexter, due the reasons of ( many, many of them, what are told )

After that he left on here:
Quote from Tiptoe :News are coming in quickly, these days...

Firexter already decided to leave us again and has been replaced by.. Wait for it..!

[center]MTnRunnr
and
k_badam!

Please clap your hands to warmly welcome these two gentlemen to our noble ranks! Big grin

Once again no one did really ever clap their hands on this time because... yes, Firexter!

On this part, I did laugh a lot... no offense though!

But Good luck! make a competition with some another fresh teams ( wink wink wink, serious wink ;ASDASDASD )
Hey lads, hows' it goin? I'm looking for a team. My previous team SGP Disbanded last year, and after returning to LFS, have not found a team suitable for me.

I am *not good* at racing.
Not great at drifting.
Cruising isn't exactly difficult
but i truly ADORE skinning and value community. I was a loyal member of SGP for a total of 4 years, from its 2nd month to its final minute. Many members on there seemed to abandon the team however so there was never really anyone to talk to.

I also enjoy creating tracks and layouts, including rally stages on the likes of Westhill.

hope to join your community soon!
Hi, that sounds cool!
We have known a few SGP pals and got along very well with them. A shame to hear of their closing down.

What you write about yourself sounds pretty much like what we are looking for, right now.
It will be good to know you better during a trial period of two weeks.

You should head over to our website and check your inbox for more details.

High Five, mate!
You're in!

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG