The online racing simulator
Rift 1.3 support
(36 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :Also it will allow new types of vehicle and so on.

New types? As in these beauties might be possible some time in the future? (I've always discounted them as ever coming to LFS due to the extra wheels)
Oh you tease, Scawen! But it is nice to know that there are plans for them even if we don't know when Smile
Has anyone else struggled with the oculus setup? Got my CV1 yesterday but after 8 hours trying I can't get the oculus software to load. It says a problem has been encountered and the setup will close. I've looked on reddit and oculus forum and a lot of people have had problems but most can use the work arounds to get it to work. I have tried every work around bar a clean install of my PC but nothing works. So frustrating, I have a £500 paper weight at the moment. Not heard anything from oculus support either. Just thought it was worth an ask in case anyone had suffered something similar.
The 1.3 software is so bugged it is quite absurd. I can't even start to describe the frustration. Even if you can get a reply from them, they normally ask for for several GB of logs then ignore you after that. In some rare cases they may claim they have fixed the bug and if you wait eventually you will get the fix at a random time of their choosing. Then when you get an update 12 days later, the bug is still there.

Anyway, if you have a slightly older CPU, it's possible you may have the bug I get. That is if your CPU does not support the popcnt instruction. This one occurs when the Rift is plugged in, with USB and HDMI.

Despite the thread title, this bug is not related to DK2:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/32690

If you want to see what problems people are getting, have a laugh at this:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/categories/support
Blimey! It seems such rushed software with not enough testing on different machines. Thanks for replying Scawen, makes me feel a little better. My rift isn't even plugged in yet I'm still trying to install the software first. I will try a full clean install of my entire PC and see what that brings. Fingers crossed. My cpu is an i7 2600k which is pretty old and actually doesn't meet their minimum specs however it is more powerful than their bottom cpu they do recommend so that might have something to do with it.

It's a shame because oculus vr products are very good, when everything is working it really is a game changer so to speak for sim racing but their customer service / software is letting them down over and over again. After dk1 and especially dk2 I was hoping things would be better for the CV1. Hopefully things will improve soon and I'm looking forward to testing lfs on 1.3

**Update**

My exact error from the oculus setup log is this:

Process C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus\Support\oculus-librarian\OVRLibrarian.exe exited with code 104 (failure)

This is apparently a permission issue which Oculus were first told about 2 weeks ago. Cybereality said he would pass this onto the tech team but then never posted an update. I have bumped the thread again at oculus to try get an answer.

**2nd update**

cybereality has responded saying a fix for the installer is coming soon, in the meantime has pointed to a website with a new possible work around. Trying now...

Nope. Same 104 error. Only hope is to wait for updated Oculus software whenever that is.
Test Patch 0.6N5 is available with more Rift support. In particular, VR focus management, so if you press the button to go to the Oculus home, LFS pauses itself as required, and disables the crosshairs to avoid erroneous clicking.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/89352
Hi man, just tested this on CV1, great job! It does look like the "Automatic" FOV setting is wrong for CV1. I get a strong fisheye effect. The real value seems to be around 90, maybe slightly more.
Quote from ctuchik :It does look like the "Automatic" FOV setting is wrong for CV1.

Excellent bug finding. I had noticed something was up but you led me straight to the fault. Thank you and I've uploaded a new version 0.6N6 Smile
Thanks Amynue, the installer now works and I can use my rift.

Rift 1.3 support
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG